2017-18 NHL Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

I would love to watch some of those games 

Just need to wait till the next lock-out and they may show them.

1 hour ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Would going to the game next Monday and rooting for the Jackets make me a bad Have fan?

Nope.

Bad Habs fan however...

I kid, cheer for the Jackets and join us on The Tank.

Decent night for The Tank..

Detroit gets a point, Chicago gets two (not great for our 2nd rnd pick).

Habs lose, and have a tough schedule coming up (I’m guessing they lose 9 in a row before Buffalo)

18 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Would going to the game next Monday and rooting for the Jackets make me a bad Have fan?

Yes

Edit since people are so serious: (:P)

12 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

At this point, I’m looking more at individual play while hoping the losses pile up.

I hope Juulsen, Scherbek, Reilly, and Valiev play well. Maybe Lindgren too but not well enough to steal a point.

3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

At this point, I’m looking more at individual play while hoping the losses pile up.

I hope Juulsen, Scherbek, Reilly, and Valiev play well. Maybe Lindgren too but not well enough to steal a point.

I would add Delarose to that list. If he can show consistency as a third line center, it would be great.

14 hours ago, DON said:

Habs sitting 5th worst, Canucks 5th pick last year looks to be turning out nicely.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-prospect-elias-pettersson-sets-swedish-league-record/

(fingers crossed we can find an impact guy this year near top of draft:pray:)

Despite wasting the Vrtanen pick, the Canucks have assembled quite a stable of prospective/young talent at FW. The Brock Boeser pick alone was a better move than anything Bergevin has done in six years. Their problem is a glaring lack of talent at D, anywhere in the system.

Hopefully we can nail our pick this season.

3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

We NEED to pick in the top 4..

there are four impact players. Obviously Dahlin at 1 would be great but if not, I’m hoping they can land Tkachuk.

Id assess a little different in terms of tiers

Tier 1 Dahlin

Tier 2 Svechnikov and Zdina

Tier 3 boqvist, wahlstrom, tkachuk, quinn Hughes

Tier 4 bouchard, ty smith, dobson, veleno etc.

To me tkachuk is pretty even with the 4-7 group and not in with the top 3.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Id assess a little different in terms of tiers

Tier 1 Dahlin

Tier 2 Svechnikov and Zdina

Tier 3 boqvist, wahlstrom, tkachuk, quinn Hughes

Tier 4 bouchard, ty smith, dobson, veleno etc.

To me tkachuk is pretty even with the 4-7 group and not in with the top 3.

Compared to when we picked sergachev... is this a deep draft or is sergachev worth like top 3 this draft?

Velano is top centre Ben and no others close to top 10 eh? 

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Compared to when we picked sergachev... is this a deep draft or is sergachev worth like top 3 this draft?

I think the later, but know little.

Does seem are a bunch of d-men are ranked in top half of draft. Seen one mockdraft with 8d-men and 4wingers (the Russian, Czech, 2 Americans) in first 12.

2-6-2 in last ten and Wings are only 1pt ahead of Habs

2-6-2 and Sens now seem a lock to finish lower than  Habs.

Edited by DON
standings stuff added

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Sergachev would be tier 3 in this draft.  Right there with the likes of tkachuk and wahlstrom and co

Veleno, hayden, kotaniemi, kupari, and lundestrom could all go between picks 10 -25. Maybe one goes at 7 or 8 if someone reaches.

But i have my top 9 as all wingers and defence.  

Some think wahlstrom or tkachuk can be converted to centre, but i have my doubts.  Tkachuk is a pure winger to me.  Wahlstrom im not sure.. he might be a centre... but i wouldnt bank on it.  

I think this high in the draft you have to take BPA.

Do what it takes to trade for a prospect centre like Thomas (StL), Borgstrom (Fla), Steel (Ana), Necas (Car) all teams said to be interested in pacioretty

600 in 990 for Ovechkin. 

I'm guessing he plays 6-8 more seasons. He's been pretty much healthy his whole career. 

Three more 50 goal seasons, he could do 30 on average in the next five and be the greatest regular season goal scorer of all time. It wouldn't be goals per game best but hitting 900 goals would be a record still. It's honestly doable.

I think we could see a grey haired 41 year old Ovechkin retiring with 900 goals. Crazy to think about.

Good start to the day for tankers..

Edmonton wins and moves three points clear, Buffalo wins and is only 6 back, Chicago loses which is good for our 2nd round pick, 

Hopefully Ottawa and Vancouver can find some points tonight. And Habs lose of course. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Hopefully Ottawa and Vancouver can find some points tonight. And Habs lose of course. 

Van has already exceeded expectations by actually scoring a goal. :o Don't ask for the moon!

• dlbalr unpinned this topic