2017-18 NHL Thread

dlbalr

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Flyers have 14 loser points to Florida's 8. Ever since the shootout I've hated the loser point. Florida deserves to be in the playoffs more IMO.

After giving Gerard Gallant the shaft...f''k the Panthers!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

After giving Gerard Gallant the shaft...f''k the Panthers!

I can’t bring myself to ever cheer for the Flyers, leafs or Bruins.  I guess us cheer for the Flyers if they were playing the Bruins or leafs.

Will be interesting to see just how weak a team Leafs will dress, as I think is a meaningless game, for them in playoffs vs Bruins is a lock isn't it.

I bet it will be just crappy enough for Habs not be able not to win.

11 hours ago, DON said:

Well, at least for tomorrows game, GO..ugg..Leafs...ugg...go.:1vomit: 

I hate losing to the leafs, I am hoping for a miracle win, by more than 3 goals or shutout

I always liked Vigneault, all the way back to when he first coached for us. He had our ragtag group playing tight, focused, disciplined hockey. Despite watching a jackass like Therrien get re-hired while he languished in the minors, AV persevered and eventually provided more excellent coaching for a Canucks team that came within a game of the Cup, before another stint of sustained achievement with the Rags. 

I respect Julien, but rate AV ahead of him. A pity we won't be able to snap him up. Our timing always seems to be wrong.

I'm pretty sure recycling the same 3 French coaches every few years might part of the problem. The definition of insanity

I'm 100% sure there are more than 3  coaches out there. 

Maybe trying something new for a change. 

14 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm pretty sure recycling the same 3 French coaches every few years might part of the problem. The definition of insanity

I'm 100% sure there are more than 3  coaches out there. 

Maybe trying something new for a change. 

Hey, I wanted Marc Crawford last time. I still think he'd be a good fit.

I've said before that the Habs should be using Laval as a training ground for bilingual coaches with serious NHL potential. That's what we used to do. This is an obvious fundamental. But of course under Zoot Suit our AHL team has become the equivalent of the pre-Trudeau Canadian Senate, a dumping ground for hapless bum-buddies. Because - and this is the key to the Bergevin era - winning is secondary to managerial ego.

• Upvote 1

• dlbalr unpinned this topic