2017-18 Rocket/Beast General Season Thread

dlbalr

34 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I think DLR needs to play more minutes in Laval to further develop 

That might be true, I'm just wondering if the organization waives him. 

one spot could be opened by waiving Logan Shaw. 

one spot could be opened by trading Plekanec, or Deslaurier, or Jerabek, all UFAs. 
also don't think they'll waive DLR to activate hemsky.  I think they'd sooner waiver hemsky. 

The org still likes DLR. 

It was wishful thinking that DLR would be waived, and Hemski would be traded for Paajsrvi after he clears to have both swedes in Laval for the remaining of the season.

The org like DLR, but he won't develop by playing limited minutes at the NHL level: he needs minutes

---

i like him too. I hoped at one point  he would become the next Pleks

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

with 3 players about to come back from IR, someone has to be waived.

Hemsky is close to coming back (we think) but no one else seems to be particularly close.  They have an open roster spot (they can transfer Danault to IR) so they don't really have to waive anyone.

Thanks dlbalr , it was just wishful thinking on my part. DLR played 7 minutes yestarday and I feel like both him and the Habs would benefit if he was playing more minutes in Laval

24 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks dlbalr , it was just wishful thinking on my part. DLR played 7 minutes yestarday and I feel like both him and the Habs would benefit if he was playing more minutes in Laval

After 200 pro games I think he is beyond needing more time in minors to develop more. He is a good skating big bottom six guy with hands of stone. 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He could probably benefit but the problem is that they wouldn't play him in a big-minute offensive role.  He'd probably be their third-line centre behind Cracknell and McCarron and they claim to not want to put McCarron in offensive situations since his NHL future is as a checker.  (While I agree that his future is as a checker, I'd still like to see them try to develop non-checking skills.  If they won't do that with McCarron, they won't with de la Rose either.)

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He could probably benefit but the problem is that they wouldn't play him in a big-minute offensive role.  He'd probably be their third-line centre behind Cracknell and McCarron and they claim to not want to put McCarron in offensive situations since his NHL future is as a checker.  (While I agree that his future is as a checker, I'd still like to see them try to develop non-checking skills.  If they won't do that with McCarron, they won't with de la Rose either.)

Then they should trade DLR, because a draft (and a prayer) would be more useful to the Habs than DeLarose using up a roster spot

43 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Then they should trade DLR, because a draft (and a prayer) would be more useful to the Habs than DeLarose using up a roster spot

It sounds nice in theory but what type of value does he have?  A waiver-eligible fringe player (that doesn't even have the first round draft pedigree) doesn't carry any sort of tangible value unless you're taking another player in an identical situation back.  If they wind up moving a forward or two before the deadline, that might open up a spot for de la Rose to play a bit more down the stretch and then they can decide whether or not to qualify him in June.

Onenof the $8million asset management question, eh? 

Who to move, who to get, and at what cost?

For me, like last year when we did side moves before the VK expansion draft: I would move UFAs and bottom 6 players for picks, other team's similar players or prospects but wich fill a depth or suppprt role for our own (Terry, Cracknel, Taormina)

for DLR, I would be happy to get a big body bottom 6 with cement hands that plays with energy/passion (Deslaurier) snd can win at least 51% of the draws

a bit of Brampton news-Beast lost their third straight o/t game. Fucale in goal. Appeared to have scored as time ran out in the second but of course, league has no overhead cams in sync with the clock. Nice shorty by ex Marlie Captain Alex Foster but PP was pretty bad. Jordan Henry still out and Blain did not play today. Not sure if he was injured in the previous weekend games

has anyone ever been able to find an IR list for Brampton????? Besides Henry and Blain being out the other evening. I realized that Stefan Fornier has not played for a while

20 hours ago, miklin said:

has anyone ever been able to find an IR list for Brampton????? Besides Henry and Blain being out the other evening. I realized that Stefan Fornier has not played for a while

I think the only thing that shows injuries are the daily transactions posts (not the team-by-team transaction log).  Those indicated when a player has been placed on or taken off reserve (which I suspect is IR).

The weekly columns on this site also mention injuries at times as well.

thanks for the link Brian. today's dealings-MacKenzie Braid, Jake Flegel (both D men) and goalie Carmine Guerriero were released from their SPC's. Fucale who looked soft on a couple of goals he should have seen all the way on Sunday was sent back to Laval.  With Jagr heading home, will that make David Ling the oldest active pro player in North America???

and (as expected) Carmine Guerreiro was signed again to an SPC due to Fucale being called up to Laval. Poor Carmine-fire him one day and sign him again the next (Heaven and hell in ECHL)

3 hours ago, miklin said:

and (as expected) Carmine Guerreiro was signed again to an SPC due to Fucale being called up to Laval. Poor Carmine-fire him one day and sign him again the next (Heaven and hell in ECHL)

They seem to think it's an affront to Fucale to make him practice in Brampton for some reason so they keep recalling him to practice with Laval for some reason.  This will probably be a short-term move this time as well.

Beast lost in Manchester tonight 5-3 - sounds like they outshot Manchester badly but Dags was a little soft in goal. He was pulled and Carmine played the last 9 minutes and only faced two shots. Dags let in 5 goals in 18 shots. Beast had 41 shots on Manchester. Dunn scored a couple but he is Belleville property and if he keeps up his numbers, will likely be recalled

Beast continue down the road to ruin-another loss in Reading with the only highlight being Fournier was back. But have they already waved the white flag as far as making the playoffs?. D man Willie Corrin has gone to Belleville and Matt Petgrave (the only Brampton ECHL All Star) is on loan to the Marlies. Those two transactions were not on their facebook page!

As an aside, went to a Senior AAA game in Brantford Friday (vs Dundas). Former Beast goalie Bryan Pitton signed with Brantford last week and was the winning goalie in a 9-7 win (at one time it was 7-0 Brantford). His brother is a playing coach for Brantford.

addendum-Petgrave has been released by the Marlies but Daniel Ciampini recalled to Belleville AHL

Beast transactions-Ciampini recalled to Belleville,  Mat Petgrave (D) and Chris Leveille loaned to Laval

The Beast only had 15 skaters Saturday (not including the goalies)

Vincent Dunn recalled by Belleville AHL from Brampton. Jackson Leef recalled from Evansville (SPHL) to Brampton.

David Vallorani of the Beast has signed a PTO with Laval. Not sure if we'll see a full compliment of players at the Beast game tonight. AHL Marlies have loaned Jeff King (D) to Brampton

1 minute ago, miklin said:

David Vallorani of the Beast has signed a PTO with Laval. Not sure if we'll see a full compliment of players at the Beat game tonight

His PTO just got voided (ineligible to sign one having started the season in Sweden) so he should be back fairly soon.  Someone else should be signing a PTO soon, however.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic