Oct. 6/7, Belleville vs Laval, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

The Rocket play their first-ever regular season game on Friday night as they host Belleville, the team they split a pair of preseason games with over the weekend.  Daniel Carr has taken a leave of absence for a personal matter and won't be with the team this weekend.

413_57.jpg

(Lines are guesses based on the depth chart.)

Paul - Reinhart - DiDomenico
Perron - Sexton - Gagne
McCormick - Chlapik - Blunden
Flanagan - O'Brien - Randell

Chabot - Harpur
Englund - Jaros
Lajoie - Sieloff

Hammond

415.jpg

Terry - McCarron - Scherbak
Holland - Froese - Reway
Deslauriers - Audette - Waked
Gregoire - Eisenschmid - Baun

Taormina - Lernout
Gelinas - Leblanc
Parisi - Bourque

Lindgren

Jerabek (veteran limit) is expected to be scratched.

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST for both.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French (both games) while TSN 690 has the Friday game.  Friday's game can also be seen on RDS2.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Don't like scratching Jerabek.  Of all the vets he is the one who needs to play the most in order to adjust to the ice. 

I agree.  He's the only 'prospect' of the bunch so one would think he'd be a must-play player.  I don't think Deslauriers and Gelinas are must-play guys but oh well.  Hopefully, Jerabek's in tomorrow then.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Don't like scratching Jerabek.  Of all the vets he is the one who needs to play the most in order to adjust to the ice. 

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I agree.  He's the only 'prospect' of the bunch so one would think he'd be a must-play player.  I don't think Deslauriers and Gelinas are must-play guys but oh well.  Hopefully, Jerabek's in tomorrow then.

Could be a preference to announcing "Eric Gelinas" over "Jakub Jerabek" to the hometown crowd?

The veteran limit is definitely going to be an ongoing issue though. Somebody talented is getting scratched every game. 

35 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Could be a preference to announcing "Eric Gelinas" over "Jakub Jerabek" to the hometown crowd?

The veteran limit is definitely going to be an ongoing issue though. Somebody talented is getting scratched every game.

Unfortunately, I had the exact same thought.  Why else would you willingly sit someone on an NHL contract that you anticipate to help in the NHL for someone on a minor league deal?  Here's hoping it's rectified for tomorrow.

Scherbak has really stood out so far while Eisenschmid has had a couple of pretty good chances.  That fourth line as a whole has looked strong.  I'm already tiring of Deslauriers who can't keep up with Audette and Waked.  Hopefully, Carr will wind up in that spot when he gets back (which would actually make for an intriguing trio).

Reway looks like his old self out there - some great passes (he passed up one prime shot opportunity for a pass that was ill-advised) and a complete disdain for coming back and playing defensively.  It hasn't taken long for his skill game to stand out though.