Oct. 7, Habs vs Capitals, 7 PM

dlbalr

1 minute ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

On a bright note Don Cherry said victor mete was the best junior midget skater he’s ever seen... even better then McDavid! Lol

I'll take any positive when a game is going this way.  Don isn't wrong very often.

It's game two and we're already starting with the personal insults?  C'mon guys...

Price's positioning didn't look sharp last game (he was making the saves but they were harder than they needed to be) and that has carried over tonight.  Watch his reactions on the first, third, and fourth goals.  He's not square to the shot and he's not in the right spot in the crease (on the fourth goal in particular, watch how much space he leaves open short side).  Fortunately, that's something that's correctable.

Just now, dlbalr said:

It's game two and we're already starting with the personal insults?  C'mon guys...

Price's positioning didn't look sharp last game (he was making the saves but they were harder than they needed to be) and that has carried over tonight.  Watch his reactions on the first, third, and fourth goals.  He's not square to the shot and he's not in the right spot in the crease (on the fourth goal in particular, watch how much space he leaves open short side).  Fortunately, that's something that's correctable.

A friend of mine who plays goaltender thought Price was playing too deep in his net last game, so you may be on to something with his positioning being off.

2 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Look at this guy..

Ignore feature works well for his type.

4 down, would be nice to see some offense from the forward group early in the 2nd. 

For some reason Habs have struggled in Washington forever and Price as well.

Nice power play... Should have finished. 

We need a fight :hammer:

Guest Stogey24
51 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If they keep playing Mete with Streit, his confidence will erode and pretty soon he'll be sent down. Mark my words. This is the opposite of how you develop a player.

I was thinking the same thing. Mete breaks up a 2 on 1, puck come back into the zone, streit makes a stupid play, pucks in the net 

Now people will bitch about Mete's +/- but he had no part of those goals 

Guest Stogey24

Jordie Benn is terrrrrible

Guess what though, the mistakes he makes aren't trying to rush the puck or create offense, so it ok 

So I predicted Mete or Streit would get a point tonight. Mete has one goal so far, but into our own net.

It was nice to see them come out with some effort in the 2nd.  Had they got that second goal when they were pressing, this could have been an interesting 3rd period.

What or who exactly was Streit trying to cover on the fifth goal?  He sprawled out way too early there.

And yes, Benn has had a couple more gaffes in this one (though he had a really nice defensive play earlier on as well).  He's supposed to be someone who brings some stability; it's time he starts doing that.

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Jordie Benn is terrrrrible

He is not playing well at all is he.

For what is worth...Habs outshooting them 27-20

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

And of course, the Leafs are kicking ass to make this feel even worse.  Up 5-1 on Rangers.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Leafs are a powerful team. Get used to it.

5-5 Leafs and Rangers.

Guest Stogey24
6 minutes ago, DON said:

He is not playing well at all is he.

For what is worth...Habs outshooting them 27-20

I'll stop saying it, but man oh man 

Really like to see Hudon and Galcheyuk together. Danault and Shaw do nothing for Chucky. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I'll stop saying it, but man oh man 

All agree, but I still feel he will be fine 3rd pairing guy as is his pay grade (just not today). Whereas with #32, I think he is just done.

Guest Stogey24
Just now, DON said:

All agree, but I still feel he will be fine 3rd pairing guy as is his pay grade (just not today). Whereas with #32, I think he is just done.

32 is just so damn slow moving the puck. You can't play like that anymore