GDT #3 Habs @ New York Rangers, October 8th 2017

Commandant

7 minutes ago, brobin said:

Offence still the same... lots of buzz, no goals.  

There was no reason to expect different. We added Drouin and subtracted Radulov. We also removed Markov's 40 points, and it's a stretch to see Mete replacing those.

39 minutes ago, illWill said:

Can you post the rule that disallowed the second goal? 

Here's the video explanation: https://www.nhl.com/video/situation-room-nyr-vs-mtl/t-277781830/c-53307403

They showed heading into the second period that the goal looked like it would have been offside anyway and even had the Rangers lost the goalie interference challenge, they then would have challenged for offside (which they could do as offside challenges no longer require a timeout).

Guest Stogey24
26 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

3 regulation goals in the last 160m

Only one even strength 

Fackin awful. I expect better after the shit showing last night. 

Guest Stogey24

Can I just stir the pot here a bit and say that thus far(3 games, I know), from what I've seen, Drouin doesn't even come close to carrying an offense like Radulov. 

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Can I just stir the pot here a bit and say that thus far(3 games, I know), from what I've seen, Drouin doesn't even come close to carrying an offense like Radulov. 

He was a force for sure

It's only been a few games, but I was wrong about this team.

The defence is terrible. Weber is good. Alzner is good. Other than that.. yikes. Petry has regressed, Streit is done, Davidson is awful and Mete is young and not being used properly. He'll be gone before the 9 games.

The forwards are too easy to play against. There's little battle in them. Pacs floats, Gally gets knocked around, Galchenyuk is uninterested and Drouin has been good but invisible at times.

The worst of it - Price isn't stealing games. He's been good, but not the CO the Habs have banked on for years.

i smell a trade .. or a long season.

5 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

It's only been a few games, but I was wrong about this team.

The defence is terrible. Weber is good. Alzner is good. Other than that.. yikes. Petry has regressed, Streit is done, Davidson is awful and Mete is young and not being used properly. He'll be gone before the 9 games.

The forwards are too easy to play against. There's little battle in them. Pacs floats, Gally gets knocked around, Galchenyuk is uninterested and Drouin has been good but invisible at times.

The worst of it - Price isn't stealing games. He's been good, but not the CO the Habs have banked on for years.

i smell a trade .. or a long season.

It's too early to feel like a lifelong leafs fan... 

• Like 1