Oct. 10, Home Opener, Chicago vs Montreal

dlbalr

pacioretty_15_1_z1bYPC1-1024x681.jpg

Fresh off a not-so-great road trip, the Habs head home for their home opener and host the Blackhawks.

1yst5c.jpg

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Richard Panik

Ryan Hartman - Artem Anisimov - Patrick Kane

Patrick Sharp - Tanner Kero - Alex DeBrincat

Lance Bouma - Tommy Wingels - John Hayden

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook

Michal Kempny - Connor Murphy

Gustav Forsling - Jan Ruuta

Corey Crawford

Scratches: Cody Franson, Jordan Oesterle

Injuries: Marian Hossa, Michal Rozsival, Nick Schmaltz, Jordin Tootoo

nvo9l.jpg

Max Pacioretty - Jonathan Drouin - Brendan Gallagher

Alex Galchenyuk - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw

Charles Hudon - Tomas Plekanec - Artturi Lehkonen

Paul Byron - Torrey Mitchell - Jacob de la Rose

Victor Mete - Shea Weber

Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry

Jordie Benn - Brandon Davidson

Carey Price

Scratches: Jacob de la Rose, Joe Morrow, Mark Streit

Injuries: David Schlemko

Puck drop is at 7:30 officially but with the player intros, that will be delayed (and if it's like last year, it will be a lengthy delay).  TSN2, RDS, and NBC Sports Chicago have the game regionally while NBCSN has the game nationally in the US.

English Radio: TSN 690   French Radio: FM 98.5

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I expect the first win of the season. The team will be unexpectedly desperate, and presumably they have to start figuring at least some things out at some point.

You know we won game 1, right ?

There's critical, and then there's Cucumber critical; totally forgetting about a win :D

That being said, I hope that the Habs come out flying in their home opener. It always seems to be a special night 

Yup, hopefully the forwards can bury a puck or two vs Hawks and might help if can have the PP get at least 1 goal sometime soon. After all of 3 games and being 31 teams this year, Habs sit solidly in 31st in goals for/game.

They better find a gear they haven't found thus far, because if they play the way they did in the first 3 games of the season, this one could get VERY ugly.  Hope they find their 'A' game and it's a good effort at least.

3 hours ago, illWill said:

There's critical, and then there's Cucumber critical; totally forgetting about a win :D

That being said, I hope that the Habs come out flying in their home opener. It always seems to be a special night 

"Cucumber critical" - I like that ;) The next step up is to forget about all the Cups the Habs have won, then I will be perfectly positioned to denounce the organization both past and present.

I actually forgot about our win in game 1 for a brief moment as well after last game. 

I dont have as comfortable of a feeling about this game as some others. I do think Price will play well but I feel as though we often have trouble against the Blackhawks so it's not the best matchup to snap out of things. It is a cool

matchup for a home opener though. Here's to hoping for a 4-3 game. 

:gohabsgo:

4-3 huh just like the Leafs did them last night in overtime.

While listening to Leafs lunch they were on about the decision to play Chicagos back up against them and Crawford against the Habs. Said they are by far the better team and that it was a terrible terrible decision. Had a good chuckle at our scoring woes as well.

This could be a rough year to be a Habs fan living in the heart of Tarana.

In any event Go Habs Go!!!

C'mon Clode!

Pacioretty Drouin Lehkonen

Byron Danault Gallagher

Hudon Plekanec Galchenyuk

delaRose Mitchell Shaw

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

This could be a rough year to be a Habs fan living in the heart of Tarana.

I have a mix of Leafs and Sens fans surrounding me in this area....and I'm going to taking flak from both if things don't change in a hurry.

FFS...they let up for A MINUTE

How many times has this happened to them, though?  Dominate a long stretch...tons of shots/great chances, but only finish once.  Then the other team gets a few chances and finish 2, and they are in a hole.

That was a really nice 17 minutes.  Too bad periods are still 20 minutes.  I feel bad for Benn on the first goal - he turned it over but Plekanec and the wingers flew the zone too early and gave him no outlet pass whatsoever.  Price looked bad on the second goal, sliding himself right out of position.