Mark Streit on waivers

Trizzak

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Something something Radulov offer, something something Markov offer.

Who knows it might be a godsend in helping us acquire Tavares somehow.

Except we don't have any blue chips left to get anyone worth using that cap space on, so...

At this point, instead of using the space on a positive player, I could almost see the Habs trading for a cap dump like Kari Lehtonen just to get the extra asset that would come with him. 

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Typical MB masterminding, in other words ;)

Oh I have a whole theory about this. 

Many think that MB's plan with the defence was to be less mobile but tougher and better defensively.  It wasn't.  It was a #### up. 

Here is the plan i see.

I think alzner was the emelin replacement.

I think schlemko was the beaulieu replacement.

People think that bergevin is priortizing big tough d over puck movers. I dont see it. I think he was betting Markov would eventually cave and take his hometown discount one year deal. Markov didnt cave and went to the khl instead. By the time it happened... there was nothing left on the market and bergevin panicked with streit.

I say that the organization isnt going away from puck movers because bergevin always saw the value in puck movers with his previous four years of moves. Whether it was davidson, nesterov, petry, gilbert, gonchar, etc...

The org has alsp drafted 8 dmen in the last 2 drafts. 7 of them are puck movers with strong skating. The one who isnt (arvid henriksson) was a 7th rounder.

Add to this the unused cap space and tge fact alzner is with petry while a young 19 year old with good puck movement is beside weber.

All of this suggests a bergevin mistake more than a plan to turn our d into a less mobile unit.

I'm not sure what is worse? a bad plan? or letting your stubbornness screw up a good one?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Except we don't have any blue chips left to get anyone worth using that cap space on, so...

At this point, instead of using the space on a positive player, I could almost see the Habs trading for a cap dump like Kari Lehtonen just to get the extra asset that would come with him. 

Given the fact that 8 million in cap space at the deadline is near useless... I wouldn't mind taking someone's first round pick + cap dump (about 5 million) right now. 

3 mill at the deadline is enough for what we need. 

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Given the fact that 8 million in cap space at the deadline is near useless... I wouldn't mind taking someone's first round pick + cap dump (about 5 million) right now. 

3 mill at the deadline is enough for what we need. 

Unfortunately the list of teams with no cap space and negative-value players on the last year of their contract is a pretty short one:

Toronto with Lupul (LTIR)

Anaheim with Bieska (NMC)

Dallas with Lehtonen

and that's about it. Teams with negative-value players but do have cap space:

NYI with Kulemin and maaaaaaaaaaaybe Halak
Philly with Filppula (NMC, and reportedly already turned down a trade to Montreal last season)

So yeah... basically just Lehtonen. 

Sad to see the end arrive with Streit. I liked him with his first go round with us. I'm not even sure whassup with this. I assume he still gets paid.. or if he doesn't report to Laval .. is that it for him? Too bad. 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:46 PM, Trizzak said:

Fun fact: With Streit's salary no longer counting against the cap, the Habs now have the 4th most cap space in the league. 

Fun update: Edmonton recalled a player and now the Habs have the 3rd most cap space in the league. 

29 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Fun update: Edmonton recalled a player and now the Habs have the 3rd most cap space in the league. 

Not so fun really...  it really proves what a bad gm MB is. Claiming to go for the cup and being a contender and then not being able to use all that cap on important parts of the team? Unless Molson is short on cash (wich I dont think is the thing) and has told MB to keep low on salarys this might be one of the worst off seasons by a habs GM in the salary cap era of the NHL.

I hope he is fired before he does more damage to the team but it seems unlikely.

Im sure Galchenyuk will soon be traded at his lowest ever value and then he will be a constant 25-30 goal scorer for another team while we continue to sink.

19 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Mark Streit will receive $45,161 for his 12 days of service while he was on the Active Roster for the #Habs.

That's assuming they've been paying him since he refused to report to the minors (which they aren't obligated to do).

Pacioretty Duchesne Radulov 

Lehkonen Danault Gallagher 

Hudon Plekanec byron 

Hemsky shaw _______

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu Benn

What a difference if he would have made the chucky sergachev for Duchesne trade. And not done that big trade we don't discuss 

3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Hudon Plekanec byron 

Hemsky shaw _______

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu Benn

What a difference if he would have made the chucky sergachev for Duchesne trade. And not done that big trade we don't discuss. The wealth of puck movers he lost in one year is crazy. 

Edited by BCHabnut

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Hudon Plekanec byron 

Hemsky shaw _______

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu Benn

What a difference if he would have made the chucky sergachev for Duchesne trade. And not done that big trade we don't discuss 

If only Habs had of drafted Lidstrom instead of Eric Chouinard, then grabbed Datsyuk instead of Mike Riberio, could of had Zetterberg the next year instead of Buturlin and got the #1 pick in 2005, if he had we would be on cup #27 or 28 by now.

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Hudon Plekanec byron 

Hemsky shaw _______

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu Benn

Why. I'd much rather have Drouin and Galchenyuk over Duchene 

Hated the Subban trade, but Weber has been a beast back there to start the year 

3 hours ago, DON said:

If only Habs had of drafted Lidstrom instead of Eric Chouinard, then grabbed Datsyuk instead of Mike Riberio, could of had Zetterberg the next year instead of Buturlin and got the #1 pick in 2005, if he had we would be on cup #27 or 28 by now.

Not one mention of drafting in my post. The ask for Duchesne was sergachev and chucky. Allegedly. High price, but even that wouldn't have been as bad as MB and his mismanagement in the last 14 months. Worst gm since Houle 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Why. I'd much rather have Drouin and Galchenyuk over Duchene 

Hated the Subban trade, but Weber has been a beast back there to start the year 

Sure. I'll bite. I agree with you except drouin isn't a centre really. Time will tell I guess. 

Pacioretty Drouin Radulov 

Chucky Danault Gallagher 

Lehkonen Plekanec byron 

Hudon shaw hemsky

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu/shlemko  Benn 

Still rather have that than cap space 

• Upvote 1

Duchesne would help. Any legitimate top-6 C would help. 

It's all about what goes back. Burnaby Joe's demands, as reported, have been ridiculous - he's trying to pull a heist on the scale of the Gomez deal, a top-pairing D-man for a second-line C.

17 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Sure. I'll bite. I agree with you except drouin isn't a centre really. Time will tell I guess. 

Pacioretty Drouin Radulov 

Chucky Danault Gallagher 

Lehkonen Plekanec byron 

Hudon shaw hemsky

Markov subban 

Mete Petry 

Beaulieu/shlemko  Benn 

Still rather have that than cap space 

God that looks good.... :wub:

39 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

God that looks good.... :wub:

Radulov has done nothing for the Stars so far.

The problem is, the Habs really need a player with the profile of last year's Radu. Almost all our FWs look basically interchangeable, they're all the same *type* of player. Variety makes you harder to defend against. His loss is a costly one.

6 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Letting a first line winger walk because he wants a bit too much money. Now we have a bit too much money to spend...

But 1st line winger wanted much more thanjust 1 year. Once #31's contract kicks in, there will not be the same $$ left for next few years. And you know the roster will almost certainly look different come playoff time and wont be a ton of capspace left.