Oct. 13/14, Binghamton vs Laval

dlbalr

After winning their first two games in a back-to-back last week, Laval(2-0-0)  will look to do the same again this week as they host Binghamton (1-0-0), now the affiliate of New Jersey.  Daniel Carr is back with the team and is expected to play.

image.jpeg

Lines are based on +/- combos from their last game plus some guesses.

Kennedy - Quenneville - Speers

Kearns - Blandisi - Lappin

Pietila - Rooney - Bastian

Thomspon - Cangelosi - Baddock

Loov - Erixon

Jacobs - Strait

Kapla - Dyblenko

Blackwood

415.jpg

Terry - McCarron - Scherbak
Carr - Holland - Froese
Baun - Audette - Waked
Broll - Eisenschmid - Gregoire

Schlemko - Lernout
Taormina - Leblanc
Jerabek - Parisi

Lindgren

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST on Friday and 3 PM EST on Saturday.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French (both games) while TSN 690 has the Friday game.  Saturday's game can also be seen on RDS2.

David Schlemko is on a conditioning assignment and will play tonight with Laval.  As a result, two veterans will have to sit and apparently Gelinas and Deslauriers will be the odd ones out.  David Broll is also expected to make his season debut.

Tonight's lines:

image.jpeg

It's pretty bad, we're three games into the season and the person running this account still doesn't know how to spell Scherbak.  It's not like he hasn't been with the organization for several years now or anything...

Lernout with huge hit.

Down 1-0

Quickly on the PP and Scherbak to Terry with McCarron in front of net and ties it up 1-1

Very soon after Carr scores and now 2-1, Froese did the forecheck, retrieved puck and out front to Carr.

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Broll takes instigator, and they score off the draw on PP and now down 3-2,  12 minutes into game.

Nice to see he's as useless as ever out there.  I still don't understand why they felt the need to sign him to a midseason extension last year.

Terry with the hat-trick goal to make it 6-5.  Quenneville follows that up with his third of the night to restore the two-goal lead.  Can Laval with this strong defence corps hold them to single digit goals tonight?

I see Taormina was AHL d-man of the year last year and off to another productive start with 6pts in 3 gms, after his 4 pt game yesterday. I assume he must be a Corey Locke or Nigel Dawes type, too good for AHL but just not good enough for NHL?

18 minutes ago, DON said:

I see Taormina was AHL d-man of the year last year and off to another productive start with 6pts in 3 gms, after his 4 pt game yesterday. I assume he must be a Corey Locke or Nigel Dawes type, too good for AHL but just not good enough for NHL?

More or less - his offence is good enough to dominate in the AHL and offset his lack of defensive skills but in the NHL, his deficiencies are much more problematic.

Today's lines, which still feature a wrongly-spelt Scherbak:

image.jpeg

Gelinas, Deslauriers, Petti, Bourque, and Baun are in, replacing Schlemko, Holland, Reway, Parisi, and Broll.  I'm wondering if Holland is the standby player if Plekanec can't go tonight for the Habs (they'll likely want an extra forward in case someone's hurt in warmups).

3-1 Binghamton after 2 despite the fact that Laval is more than tripling them in shots (30-9).

Jerabek is having a horrible game - he has played a big role in two of the goals against and has made several very soft plays.  On the plus side, most of the forwards have played well - McCarron had a really dumb penalty (which seems to be a game-by-game pattern in the early going) but has looked pretty good otherwise.