Leafs vs Habs 7:00p.m. Oct 14 2017

DON

(poached from Stubbs tweet)

737th match-up between these two franchises.

Schlemko is hopefully replacing Benn in this one...but I assume it will be Davidson who gets scratched.

DMGXbW_VQAAvZfh.jpg

Aller, les Canadiens! We need a big night to right the ship and to silence my Leafs fan buddy who's coming over to watch the game tonight:1gohabs: 

Two ways of looking at this. One is that the Leafs' porous D is a great chance for our offence to break the dam and finally bag a few. The other is that the Leafs' blazing speed and formidable offence will feast on our slowfoot D and compound our miseries. At least with these flashy, talented Leafs, you're in for a non-boring contest - which is the opposite of what you'd say if the Habs were coming to your town :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Don't see that happening,  Habs will continue the slide. 

5-1 leafs. 

In all your posts have you ever said anything positive about the team?  Like once?

Do you even like the team? or do you only show up here when they lose to be even more pessimistic about it?

Just wondering... 

Even if it's easier to get excited about the Rocket than the Canadiens right now, I still hope for a good showing tonight. 

Bring it to tied game all the way to the shoot out 3+ goalseach side and GO HABS GO!

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

Aller, les Canadiens! We need a big night to right the ship and to silence my Leafs fan buddy who's coming over to watch the game tonight:1gohabs: 

Mon Dieu! You are brave my friend. Is this a sublime punishment ..making us feel the way the Laff fans have felt for a hundred years or so?.... Saint Jean Beliveau pray for us!

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

I have -plenty of good things about the habs. (not this year) Yes i'm a fan and hope they win. 

I just don't see it. I call them how i see them. I'm not a pom pom guy. 

Dress codes are important. I eshew les poms aussi. 

I guess for this age I should clarify .. by "dress" code I didn't mean... never mind... :wacko:

21 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Does it feel a little like that by trading PK, we traded our spirit? Our fun? 

If I could 'like' this x 1000, I would. :thumbs_up:

(And no, this is not about who won the trade etc. It is a remark about how much more dashing and fun we were back then).

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

(And no, this is not about who won the trade etc. It is a remark about how much more dashing and fun we were back then).

Muffled ..muted sniffling sounds... a little unhockeyish... :mellow:

34 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Does it feel a little like that by trading PK, we traded our spirit? Our fun? 

Similar to trading an exiting 20 goal scorer (Radu), they brought excitement to the games but they didn't make the Canadiens a cup contender on their own.

The path they CH has taken is painful to watch right now, but I want to believe it is going to get better.

GO HABS GO!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Sometimes I like to imagine the team with Subban, Radulov, Lehkonen, Markov, Byron, Price, and Galchenyuk at centre. Maybe it doesn't win a Cup but it's sure fun to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Sometimes I like to imagine the team with Subban, Radulov, Lehkonen, Markov, Byron, Price, and Galchenyuk at centre. Maybe it doesn't win a Cup but it's sure fun to watch. 

Amen. Markov is CH soul material. 

• Like 1

Sometimes games go very differently than you think they are going to, based on the stats/records of the two teams playing; I am praying that tonight's game will be one of those.  Habs taking advantage of the weak Leafs blueline and average goaltending, coupled with a 'Jesus Price' performance, could get the job done.

26 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Well, the Radu of last season at least, and PK Subban in general, are not at all like Alexi Kovalev - by which I mean a guy who was enormous fun to watch but was not the type of guy you win Cups with. Those two guys were/are warriors who came to play every night, and in the clutch, in addition to being hugely entertaining players. You needn't be a soulless robot to win Stanley Cups. This is a delusion that entered NHL thinking only very recently, and it's just that, a delusion. Unfortunately it's a delusion that our management group seems to have swallowed whole-hog.

But now back to your regularly-scheduled Leafs bashing ;)