Leafs vs Habs 7:00p.m. Oct 14 2017

DON

7 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Sometimes games go very differently than you think they are going to, based on the stats/records of the two teams playing; I am praying that tonight's game will be one of those.  Habs taking advantage of the weak Leafs blueline and average goaltending, coupled with a 'Jesus Price' performance, could get the job done.

Hahahah! That's the spirit!!

This thread completely derailed my thought. 

My initial opinion was that while others have felt in previous games that the Habs might put in a good showing, this might finally be the one. I know we beat Buffalo, but they've been getting creamed. 

Then, I saw that Schlemko was in the lineup and I was like and "it's not going to be because of him but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the lineup.

....Schlemko is actually out and Galchenyuk and Plekanec aren't feeling well.... De La Rose on the second. Maybe this won't be so good.

I'm actually 50/50 on this. I always expect a good showing against the Leafs so there is that bias but often when we lose any players in lineup, the Habs struggle. Our forwards lack the depth in a way. We have Plekanec out and Galchenyuk and Hemsky are still on the 4th line. Julien has never been on my good side during this stint so far. I'm a patient person but he's testing it already.

53 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Sometimes I like to imagine the team with Subban, Radulov, Lehkonen, Markov, Byron, Price, and Galchenyuk at centre. Maybe it doesn't win a Cup but it's sure fun to watch. 

The only player I'd add to this list is Shea Weber. You can talk about how he isn't exciting but I find it exciting when he blasts it in on their power play.

Just for you, my patented pre game prediction is that Shea Weber notches a power play goal tonight. I hope you enjoy it.

:gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, the Radu of last season at least, and PK Subban in general, are not at all like Alexi Kovalev - by which I mean a guy who was enormous fun to watch but was not the type of guy you win Cups with. Those two guys were/are warriors who came to play every night, and in the clutch, in addition to being hugely entertaining players. You needn't be a soulless robot to win Stanley Cups. This is a delusion that entered NHL thinking only very recently, and it's just that, a delusion. Unfortunately it's a delusion that our management group seems to have swallowed whole-hog.

But now back to your regularly-scheduled Leafs bashing ;)

Hahahaa..good stuff CC..

3 hours ago, Toronthab said:

Does it feel a little like that by trading PK, we traded our spirit? Our fun? 

He only has 6pts in 4 games for Nashville also.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I can't stomach listening to the commentary. Might be time to play video games

I think they're all right. Less irritating than Gary Galley, at least. (I wonder if Bruins broadcasts get lifelong Habs to do colour commentary?)

Is it just me, or has Danault been crap this season?

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I think they're all right. Less irritating than Gary Galley, at least. (I wonder if Bruins broadcasts get lifelong Habs to do colour commentary?)

Is it just me, or has Danault been crap this season?

I thought he's been danault. (which is to say he's not good enough as 2nd liner, but fine as a third).