Leafs vs Habs 7:00p.m. Oct 14 2017

DON

38 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

I'm pretty sure that DLR broke his stick and Chucky passed him his FWIW

Another swing and miss...#27's stick was broke when point shot hit it. (about 3minutes left in 2nd, Trizzak made me look it up):D

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Another swing and miss...#27's stick was broke when point shot hit it. (about 3minutes left in 2nd, Trizzak made me look it up):D

Ah, can't count on my memory or observational skills for much these days... :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

Ah, can't count on my memory or observational skills for much these days... :rolleyes:

I had recorded the game, is only way I could confirm. 

Anyways, how bout that former best goalie in the world looking like Andre Racicot?:flaming:

47 minutes ago, DON said:

I had recorded the game, is only way I could confirm. 

Anyways, how bout that former best goalie in the world looking like Andre Racicot?:flaming:

Ha ha, good ol' Red Light! Now there is a blast from the past:lol:

Image result for andre racicot

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ha ha, good ol' Red Light! Now there is a blast from the past:lol:

Image result for andre racicot

Was the lighting for that photo shot done with headlights by any chance?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

It's pretty scary this team could start the season 1-6-1. The western road trip is never very kind to the Habs. 

Scaredy-cat!:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pacioretty hasn't scored in four games and here come the complaints. 

Its almost like people have forgotten that Pacioretty is a streaky scorer and always has been. 

I agree, but then again, it's not unnatural to look to the team captain and top offensive player to step up his game when the team is in a slump and not scoring. And let's remember that he did dick-all in the playoffs too. I think the criticism is quite fair - it's not as though he's been dangerous out there and just not getting rewarded. The team has one win and he has been mediocre. That's called accountability.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

...remember that he did dick-all in the playoffs too. I think the criticism is quite fair - it's not as though he's been dangerous out there and just not getting rewarded. The team has one win and he has been mediocre. That's called accountability.

Bingo...I certainly haven't forgotten about the invisible play of Max Patioready  in that Rangers series.  Zero goals in 5 playoff games, and now one goal during the all-important start of the new season.  He's floated and contributed nearly nothing for 9 games in a row now, so there's nothing wrong with fans expecting him to get off his a** and start contributing already.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 3:29 PM, lazy26 said:

But good that you can count! Count your blessings! Count Dracula... count countenance ...err... petering out . APauling .. Whut?!

Who is this? 

Where am I?

Am I?

What does am mean?

I'm  going for coffee. 

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He didnt float in the playoffs.  He had the most shots in the series (either team) and was a huge positive possession player... just could not score.

Good defence.. it's so easy for all of us with our deep pack instincts to look for the weakness and gang on. Take my contributions to this site for instance.. no.. seriously.. take them! Ecrassez l'infamme! Hume was wrong. Just wrong. 

15 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pacioretty hasn't scored in four games and here come the complaints. 

Its almost like people have forgotten that Pacioretty is a streaky scorer and always has been. 

He scores in the nude!!?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

He didnt float in the playoffs.  He had the most shots in the series (either team) and was a huge positive possession player... just could not score.

That may be true - although at some point, it's results that count. I am so tired of this kind of rationalizing failure. And I don't see him making any impact so far this season (although I don't agree with the description of the start of season as 'all important').

When it comes to Patches, the real issue is that he is the team's best offensive player, but is not a good enough overall offensive catalyst to play that role. Just as you say, he's a goal-scorer, full stop, with all the limitations that come with that (very valuable) breed. Otherwise put, a team whose offensive catalyst is Max Pacioretty is not good enough, because when he hits those long dry spells, the scoring disappears. Even Bossy had Trottier...Shutt had The Flower...etc.

Maybe Drouin can grow into that role of bona-fide offensive catalyst. Then again, even with Radulov the team wasn't good enough. Looks to me like we need Drouin PLUS at least one more heavy-duty impact FW - assuming we're satisfied with the offensive push from the back end, which still requires an awful lot of faith in Mete.

All of this may be obvious. But I still think it's fair to point out that your 'best' FW and goal scorer and team captain has not scored a goal in nine games, and barely been noticeable in the last few, while the team is 1-8 over that span.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

So... basically exactly like this year's Habs?

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That may be true - although at some point, it's results that count. I am so tired of this kind of rationalizing failure. And I don't see him making any impact so far this season (although I don't agree with the description of the start of season as 'all important').

When it comes to Patches, the real issue is that he is the team's best offensive player, but is not a good enough overall offensive catalyst to play that role. Just as you say, he's a goal-scorer, full stop, with all the limitations that come with that (very valuable) breed. Otherwise put, a team whose offensive catalyst is Max Pacioretty is not good enough, because when he hits those long dry spells, the scoring disappears. Even Bossy had Trottier...Shutt had The Flower...etc.

Maybe Drouin can grow into that role of bona-fide offensive catalyst. Then again, even with Radulov the team wasn't good enough. Looks to me like we need Drouin PLUS at least one more heavy-duty impact FW - assuming we're satisfied with the offensive push from the back end, which still requires an awful lot of faith in Mete.

All of this may be obvious. But I still think it's fair to point out that your 'best' FW and goal scorer and team captain has not scored a goal in nine games, and barely been noticeable in the last few, while the team is 1-8 over that span.

I agree with all of that. (well except for the Record since we are conveniently ignoring 2 wins against the rangers, 3-8). 

However the fact that Pacioretty is the team's offensive catalyst, and that he is put in that role and not as the goal scorer supporting a true catalyst, falls not at the feet of Pacioretty, but at the feet of one, Marc Bergevin. 

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I agree with all of that. (well except for the Record since we are conveniently ignoring 2 wins against the rangers, 3-8). 

However the fact that Pacioretty is the team's offensive catalyst, and that he is put in that role and not as the goal scorer supporting a true catalyst, falls not at the feet of Pacioretty, but at the feet of one, Marc Bergevin. 

Ha ha, yeah I keep forgetting about wins! But 3-8 is still pretty shite.

Beyond that, you know what I think of MB - so we're definitely in agreement on the big picture.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

So... basically exactly like this year's Habs?

Or exactly like every year; when Pacioretty goes cold every fickle chicken-little type out there demands he is traded for bag of pucks...then he rips off 10goals in 15 games and all is right with the world and he is an elite scorer once again.

So many shots...yadda yadda yadda: he ripped a ton of shots from low percentage areas around the perimeter, refusing to cut to the middle or go to the net with the intensity required to succeed in the playoffs. He plays a soft brand of hockey...the only thing he brings to the table is scoring...so when he's not, he's just floating uselessly.  All the masterful stick-checking he does in his own end doesn't excuse that for me.  I will concede that he needs a MUCH better center though.

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

So many shots...yadda yadda yadda: he ripped a ton of shots from low percentage areas around the perimeter, refusing to cut to the middle or go to the net with the intensity required to succeed in the playoffs. He plays a soft brand of hockey...the only thing he brings to the table is scoring...so when he's not, he's just floating uselessly.  All the masterful stick-checking he does in his own end doesn't excuse that for me.  I will concede that he needs a MUCH better center though.

Not exactly true.  

The tape doesn't lie. 

These are high end opportunities. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/whats-behind-max-paciorettys-playoff-goal-scoring-woes/