Leafs vs Habs 7:00p.m. Oct 14 2017

DON

The rational side to me is looking at this period and thinking, "Okay, they're outplaying, outhustling, and outchancing them. If they play like this more than not, they'll win more games than not."

The irrational side to me is screaming into a void, "JUST SCORE A GOAL YOU ####ING ####S!!!!!!11111"

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The rational side to me is looking at this period and thinking, "Okay, they're outplaying, outhustling, and outchancing them. If they play like this more than not, they'll win more games than not."

The irrational side to me is screaming into a void, "JUST SCORE A GOAL YOU ####ING ####S!!!!!!11111"

You're channeling me!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

They've played like this 3 games in a row... Its what I've been saying.  We are much better than our record. 

That was the first game I've seen. I work 7 days in a row. Well played game with lots of high danger scoring opportunities. Really hate losing to the loafs though

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

That was the first game I've seen. I work 7 days in a row. Well played game with lots of high danger scoring opportunities. Really hate losing to the loafs though

That's pretty low most years alright. 

No colour photos of the leafs with the cup. ....:wacko:

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Almost everyone in bleu/blanc/rouge played a good game tonight.  Price was not good enough, and that cost them a second point as much as anything else.

Yup..could be alright.. but it had to have been tough for him to carry the team all year. Ok he took a night off.

A pretty good game from the Habs overall.  Price still isn't quite right which is a bit concerning heading out West where it usually takes a miracle for Montreal to win a game, regardless of how they're playing heading into the trip.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

A pretty good game from the Habs overall.  Price still isn't quite right which is a bit concerning heading out West where it usually takes a miracle for Montreal to win a game, regardless of how they're playing heading into the trip.

Yup. Good game played. A tough game. 

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Two goals...in one period...offensive outburst!  If Carey can wake up and make some big saves, this is a very winnable game.

didn't happen

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

True.  He has obligated himself to make most of the hard saves by commanding the record-breaking salary for a goaltender.

That is BS, his contract $$ were likely best deal his agent could get from Bergevin. Whether it is $9m or $11m/year likely isnt a huge concern for the player to play harder or better.. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

I would like to point out that the only goal this powerplay has scored was off a broken play and wasn't actually set up by the coaches or players. 

It's really ####ing pathetic.

Sorry, it is still too short a sample to get too down. Many teams with several all-star players have struggled on the PP for stretches, but normally snap out of it sooner or later.

Isnt Kirk Captain Muller in chanrge of the PP and has a good track record.

Too bad about the OT, because Petry was The General tonight. If he brings that game every outing, it'd be great - but we know he can't sustain this over a whole season.

You can't really 'blame' Price, but he just didn't make the big saves tonight. He was average. Not Price average, NHL goalie average.

The team played very well and will rattle off a W streak once Price adjusts to the added weight of all that money in his back pocket.

26 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Well played game with lots of high danger scoring opportunities. Really hate losing to the loafs though

100% agree, worst was that I fed dinner to and lost $5 to a leaf fan.:angry:

That 14 game winning streak had to come to an end sooner or later....but that Matthews kid is one awesome player. But, Habs had lots of good play and was enetertaining game.

33 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Almost everyone in bleu/blanc/rouge played a good game tonight.  Price was not good enough, and that cost them a second point as much as anything else.

2nd that.

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Apparently Drouin was 3-13 on the draw.

Uh-oh...

I can see the sharks circling already...

On a serious note, again the kid played a very good game, set up one, scored a beauty, was buzzing all night. Good to see Galchneyuk look engaged and possibly snap out of his funk, this is the type of game that could see him move back up the line up and continue on the momentum he has built for himself this game. Our top 2 Pairings looked pretty damn solid tonight, the bottom pair had its cringe moments though. Hudon and Mete continue to impress, They seem ready to take on big roles and maintain that going forward, Really liked the Plekanec line tonight.

Once again, we are the better team on the ice, dominate stretches, outplay the opponent overall, and can't get her done in the end. In a game that was very winnable, Price was very average, a situation this team just doesn't have the ability to overcome. I like what I am seeing on the ice, but I am hating the results, patiently waiting for the law of average to return to its rightful position.

• Upvote 1