Oct. 17, Habs vs Sharks, 10:30 PM

dlbalr

Just now, Chris said:

By the way, anyone seen casperetty this year. 

Brunet was saying on RDS that the Habs will not win a Cup with him as captain until he starts to find ways of making an impact on games when he's not scoring. 

Another interesting tidbit was that graph showing the Habs being top-10 in shot attempts...and 30th overall in shots from the slot. 

Too many of the same type of FW.

4 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

You’d think it make you miss Markov? Not Subban as P.K. liked to flip it high and in the air where as Marky was more tape to tape... and metes was a beauty! 

Subban did both. 

Mete's style of play is more comparable to Subban than Markov to me, but I do miss Markov too. 

Yep, obviously i sound like a broken record but this team is so soft it isn't even funny. 

McCarron would be much better than Hemsky in that spot. 

They do appear to be allergic to the front of the net. 

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Brunet was saying on RDS that the Habs will not win a Cup with him as captain until he starts to find ways of making an impact on games when he's not scoring. 

Another interesting tidbit was that graph showing the Habs being top-10 in shot attempts...and 30th overall in shots from the slot. 

Remember when Pacioretty would cut down the wing with speed, drop his shoulder and force himself & the puck to the net for a scoring opportunity? Remember when he tried to beat guys 1 on 1?

I do, but the memory is fading because I don't think I've seen it once this season. 

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I had read that they were top 3 in shots and both top 10 in high danger shots and scoring chances

akso pacioretty has been absolutely terrible and non existent tonight!

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Remember when Pacioretty would cut down the wing with speed, drop his shoulder and force himself & the puck to the net for a scoring opportunity? Remember when he tried to beat guys 1 on 1?

I do, but the memory is fading because I don't think I've seen it once this season. 

How many years of those right side rushes started from a brilliant pass by pk? Tons that's how many

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Yeah, but that's typical of him in a slump. Brunet's point is that you never notice him doing *anything* when he's in a slump. No physicality, no driving the net, no nothing. 

Drouin and Hudon are pretty much the only FWs doing anything. Drouin in particular is dangerous tonight.

If we score in the third....

Pacioretty

Hemsky

Gallagher

At least one of them will pot one. 

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, signs of a pulse from #27.

Still no sign of a pulse from #67...the guy has no fire in him at all.  Watching his lack of battle with Brent Burns a little while ago really bothered me....seems nothing gets his adrenaline pumping.

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Still no sign of a pulse from #67...the guy has no fire in him at all.  Watching his lack of battle with Brent Burns a little while ago really bothered me....seems nothing gets his adrenaline pumping.

I think Galy had a couple of shifts where he was actually trying to generate something. Watching his botched deke attempt, it struck me how low his confidence is right now.

No kidding this team is in the dumps, what with MaxPac and Galy both sucking absolute goblin arse.

56 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If you ask me, he hasn't been the same player since he got hurt by big Z. I have noticed ever since that neck injury he doesn't cut to the net. He hasn't been the same.

At least Barber Bill put Galy out there with the extra man. There are some thin straws to grasp onto as far as Galchenyuk goes.

As sbhatt noted, Patches is still lost in space.

Othet than Drouin, Hudon (who vanished after he took that penalty; did he get any ice thereafter?), and Weber's usual Steady Cyborg routine, this team has nothing going for it right now. Even the 'retooled' D - retooled by the Head Tool, Bergevin - was pretty useless in boxing out the slot and protecting Price against those slot-crashing Sharks FWs.

Incidentally, remember when Gallagher seemed to raise Cain every shift? That doesn't seem to happen nearly as much any more, it seems to me. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

That's it then. Mete must be better.:D

DMYOeVCXUAEEZG1.jpg

I didn’t realize we traded Sergechev for Mete. All that stat shows is how horrible MB had made our defenc that we have to lean on a rookie dman so much. 

You do realize that despite limited minutes Sergechev has 4 points (albeit in more games), to Metes’s one and he has only 1 point less than Drouin right?

5 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

If you ask me, he hasn't been the same player since he got hurt by big Z. I have noticed ever since that neck injury he doesn't cut to the net. He hasn't been the same.

He had 39 goals the year after the injury. That can't be it. I'm actually slightly more worried that Gally is damaged goods. He was incredible in the playoffs against TB in 2015 and it's been downhill since.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I didn’t realize we traded Sergechev for Mete. All that stat shows is how horrible MB had made our defence.  You do realize that despite limited minutes Sergechev has 4 points (albeit in more games), to Metes’s one and he has only 1 point less than Drouin right?

Exactly. TB is not a POS franchise that is desperately short of talent and therefore has to throw a rookie into a massive role. Makes a slight difference.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He had 39 goals the year after the injury. That can't be it. I'm actually slightly more worried that Gally is damaged goods. He was incredible in the playoffs against TB in 2015 and it's been downhill since.

Exactly. TB is not a POS franchise that is desperately short of talent and therefore has to throw a rookie into a massive role. Makes a slight difference.

I think maxpac is crumbling under the weight of the capitancy.  He should never have been made captain.  He should still be good for 30 goals, but I haven’t seen the fire in him for a few years now.  

I’ve been saying we should be trying to trade Gallagher as part of a package for a centre for a couple of years now.  Now he is the only trading chip we have that we can afford to give up and may still bring a good return.  The issue is it will need to be Gallagher+.  I can see mb trading Gallagher and galchenyuk for a 2nd tier 2nd line centre at some point.  Quite a drop for what those two kids were worth in MB’s first season.