Bergevin......

REV-G

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, there is. By which I mean there are surely people out there who are not currently NHL GMs who would nonetheless excel at the position. There has to be more than 31 people capable of doing the job - especially when you consider that some of the existing office-holders are mediocre or just plain inept.

We hope so. The French thing may not help things though 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Do you really believe an ahl gm is stocking the team with talent or choosing the coach?

I think he has part of what's going on 

Yeah he has his role.

He was hired as a legal expert on the cba.  He was hired as an expert on the salary cap.

He has no experience in pro scouting or amateur scouting.

Hes been good in his role but there is nothing on his resume that indicates hes an NHL gm. 

He isnt getting interviews for vacant gm jobs with other franchises.

If he wasnt french would anyone even push him as an option in montreal? He isnt an option for anyone else.  Thats a huge red flag for me.

The french thing doesnt have to apply for gm.

They tried to hire jim nill previously and didnt cause his wife had cancer and he opted to not leave detroit during her treatments.

The gm gives 4-6 press conferences a year.  The coach gives like 200 (pre game. Post game. After practice).  Its not the same requirement of working with the media.

There is an assumption the gm must be french... but the last round of interviews indicated non francos would be considered.

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The french thing doesnt have to apply for gm.

They tried to hire jim nill previously and didnt cause his wife had cancer and he opted to not leave detroit during her treatments.

The gm gives 4-6 press conferences a year.  The coach gives like 200 (pre game. Post game. After practice).  Its not the same requirement of working with the media.

There is an assumption the gm must be french... but the last round of interviews indicated non francos would be considered.

I'm sure there are capable bilingual candidates, but I've been involved in enough hiring processes to know that sometimes there really are 1-2 people that are head and shoulders above the rest - and that it would be folly to exclude them on the basis of an inability to speak a language that is irrelevant to NHL business. The limitation on coaches is restrictive enough.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yeah he has his role.

He was hired as a legal expert on the cba.  He was hired as an expert on the salary cap.

He has no experience in pro scouting or amateur scouting.

Hes been good in his role but there is nothing on his resume that indicates hes an NHL gm. 

He isnt getting interviews for vacant gm jobs with other franchises.

If he wasnt french would anyone even push him as an option in montreal? He isnt an option for anyone else.  Thats a huge red flag for me.

There were rumours about him with the leafs 

Yzerman said himself, he fully expects  to loose Brisebois to an nhl team, as a g.m 

Anyways. I just like the idea of having a young g.m at the helm. I think he's capable and I think if Montreal does can Marky, Brisebois will be one of the top candidates. Time will tell I guess 

I don’t see any big trades happening with this team simply because we don’t have the right pieces to complete a major trade.

only roster players you can try and move , and that’s if you want to blow up the team are max, Alex, gally, and price. But the way they are playing your not going to undersell them, and teams aren’t going to over pay for them. We have no blue chip nhl ready prospects that other teams want. So you can forget about getting a top 6 player any time soon. That cap space is only going to be used on July 1st, and that’s what scares me. We have a GM who is known to trade and sign 3rd and 4th line players, I hope he doesn’t end up over paying for those type of players in FRee agency this summer. And we end up with over paid useless players. 

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Damien cox is as.big of a joke as steve simmons

I dont take him seriously on any team.  Not just montreal.

SIMMONS!

:monkey:

N.B. - I think Roy Orbison's "A love so beautiful" is one of the most beautiful songs ever. 

Oh.. sorry  it was supposed to be about M.B........ oh well. 

32 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

N.B. - I think Roy Orbison's "A love so beautiful" is one of the most beautiful songs ever. 

Oh.. sorry  it was supposed to be about M.B........ oh well. 

Who isn't a M.B. fan?

7 hours ago, habsFan1986 said:

Do you think MB has a hard time signing his own players because they just don't trust him anymore???

With this summer aside, I don't think Bergevin has really had any trouble signing/extending his own players.  For the most part, he has signed/extended the ones he wanted to sign.  With Markov, it sounds like it was a matter of him wanting two years where the Habs wanted to go one year at a time (yes, I know at the very end he dropped to one year but he still wanted more guaranteed money than his last contract) and with Radulov, he chose to go elsewhere.  That does happen from time to time; a prominent UFA signing elsewhere isn't necessarily a lack of trust for that GM so I don't think it's fair to suggest that this is the case here.

I think i have lost most confidence in MB, I woke up today and saw CP31 is out indef and we pick up Niemi.... My 1st thought said CP is getting traded :'(

15 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Where does it say price is out indefinitely 

After 2016, concern is justified. We didn't get the straight goods there for weeks and weeks, so naturally we feel uneasy this time around.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

After 2016, concern is justified. We didn't get the straight goods there for weeks and weeks, so naturally we feel uneasy this time around.

Nowhere is it said that But CC answer (above) says what my post doesn't. I apologize I (try) censure myself to not always be $*!tt!ng on the Habs (since PK) like habsFan1986 (below) and also what huzer said (way bellow) no jokes! all at same time

3 hours ago, habsFan1986 said:

I have lost all faith in MB but I am trying really hard to be nice

3 hours ago, huzer said:

They're just shutting Price down so he doesn't get injured while they shop him. Hasn't Lindgren been anointed the new starter already?

Fe real, huzer! I swear my head thinking same same!!!

Edited by ehjay

5 hours ago, huzer said:

They're just shutting Price down so he doesn't get injured while they shop him. Hasn't Lindgren been anointed the new starter already?

Maybe they'll trade Price mid-game ;)

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Maybe they'll trade Price mid-game ;)

Naw, MB has it in him to out do the goat.  In the middle of OT or the shootout sounds more like Mb.

21 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

these guys are saying indef and a whole lot of what has been post.... http://www.tsn.ca/video/post-2-post-what-is-the-level-of-concern-for-price-s-injury~1260466

:(

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think we need to look at the definition of "Indefinitely".   It merely means not having a set date for return.

I don't like to brag but I have been fired from a job when I told manager; doc says I'm out a bit. Yeah sure they ain't allowed to do that but who am I gona go snitch to when my employer is a bank? I had/have an "upper body" injury, as u can probably tell I'm still seeking treatment :)

Edited by ehjay