Bergevin......

REV-G

I wonder how much more evidence Molson needs?

No 1st or 2nd centre's. 

One first pairing defenceman, maybe one 2nd pairing and the rest fourth and fifth.

Forwards.....some playing out of position.....most underachieving. 

Near the bottom of the league in standings and in the bottom 3 or 4 in most other categories. 

They seem uninspired and unmotivated many nights.

I have personally heard a number of insiders [Doug Mclean] and others say that this is a poorly constructed team. 

We need change....hope....a good plan. 

What will it take?? 

29 minutes ago, REV-G said:

No 1st or 2nd centre's. 

One first pairing defenceman, maybe one 2nd pairing and the rest fourth and fifth.

Near the bottom of the league in standings and in the bottom 3 or 4 in most other categories. 

I have personally heard a number of insiders [Doug Mclean] and others say that this is a poorly constructed team. 

What will it take?? 

Quoting Doug McLean, you serious?

Lol. Well you take what you're offered, right!  My point in quoting him was simply to say that a former NHL coach and GM and long term hockey man, who is on both radio and national television, expressed his opinion that our team is poorly constructed and obviously the results are showing just that.

There were a few others I heard say just that but I can't remember exactly who said it. McLean was the only name I could remember. 

I'll try to quote a better source next time:B)

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

No 1st or 2nd centre's. 

What will it take?? 

Evidence needed?  

Take a look at MB’s wife and it’s pretty clear he can’t pick a winner to save his life.

28 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Evidence needed?  

Take a look at MB’s wife and it’s pretty clear he can’t pick a winner to save his life.

Leave the guys wife out of it for crying out loud.  That is one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this board.

I am not a fan of Bergevin ads Habs GM either, but come on...

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Leave the guys wife out of it for crying out loud.  That is one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this board.

Agree 100%, 

This has nothing to do with his family. 

24 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Does no one have a sense of humour anymore?

This isn’t the UN guys. This is dudes talking hockey.

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

Lol. Well you take what you're offered, right!  My point in quoting him was simply to say that a former NHL coach and GM and long term hockey man, who is on both radio and national television, expressed his opinion that our team is poorly constructed and obviously the results are showing just that.

There were a few others I heard say just that but I can't remember exactly who said it. McLean was the only name I could remember. 

I'll try to quote a better source next time:B)

As long as it isn't Mike Milbury, I wont bug you.

48 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Does no one have a sense of humour anymore?

This isn’t the UN guys. This is dudes talking hockey.

Why even go there, when is already lots of low hanging fruit, that is hockey related, to poke fun at.

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Who thought this guy was a smart hockey mind?

To be fair, he showed a lot of character on that play, and certainly no attempt was made to move the puck up the ice.  Solid, modern defence.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If that's 96-97 you're correct. He had zero goals in 82 games.

Its 2000-01. 

The date is in the video. 

Only played 2 games for the blues that year, 0 goals.... 1 goal in 36 for the Penguins. 

20 hours ago, Davehab said:

marc-bergevin-26-ans-600x4631.jpg

Just came across this and thought you guys would get a kick.  can't make this shit up

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

That pic of MB in the BUM sweatshirt is pure gold.  Somebody should print up thousands of flyers with that image, and hand them to people on their way into the bell center next game.  Imagine them held up in view of cameras in the stands, pressed up against the glass, ect...a thing of beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

On the opening page of HW Francois Gagnon wrote a very good article for RDS, Le Canadien a besoin d’un président – rds.caand he calls for Geoff Molson to step aside and put in a solid hockey man as President, and especially  before any decision is made regarding our GM.

I think he makes many great points and he ends with saying that this move is urgent....it needs to happen right now.

Use google translate because it's in french, but it's a very good article. 

I'm very encouraged to read that a very well respected Montreal journalist, who knows hockey very well, would be brave enough to come out with an article calling for this much needed change.

Hats off to you Francois! 

When it comes to understanding what our team needs right now there is no language barrier. We are all on the same page!!  

1 hour ago, REV-G said:

On the opening page of HW Francois Gagnon wrote a very good article for RDS, Le Canadien a besoin d’un président – rds.caand he calls for Geoff Molson to step aside and put in a solid hockey man as President, and especially  before any decision is made regarding our GM.

I think he makes many great points and he ends with saying that this move is urgent....it needs to happen right now.

Use google translate because it's in french, but it's a very good article. 

I'm very encouraged to read that a very well respected Montreal journalist, who knows hockey very well, would be brave enough to come out with an article calling for this much needed change.

Hats off to you Francois! 

When it comes to understanding what our team needs right now there is no language barrier. We are all on the same page!!  

That was a good read.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, zumpano21 said:

Evidence needed?  

Him or her?