HABS @ KINGS, OCT 18

illWill

18 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I want to puke.  Petry so soft on that goal.

He's looked bad all game.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

When was the last time a g.m got fired mid season... Honestly, I'd fire him. 

He should have been fired a long time ago.  Where are those now that said are D and offence should be better than last year??

WELL...Mr. Hockey-Analyst Bob McKenzie says he basically ignores what happens in 1st two weeks of season; but, with a 'poor' start like this that will be hard to do, especially given crappy pre-season with similar results. 

The problem is that up until the Benn pinch which caused the 2nd LA goal, Montreal was playing very well. They are playing structured hockey. I would give a couple weeks before I get excited. I am annoyed at losing though. And leaf fans gloating 

Guest Stogey24
28 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

The problem is that up until the Benn pinch which caused the 2nd LA goal, Montreal was playing very well. They are playing structured hockey. I would give a couple weeks before I get excited. I am annoyed at losing though. And leaf fans 

Ya, they'll breakout of this funk at some point, but they're going to fall back into again. It's been this way for 6 years. 

We are not a cup contender. This g.m has built some random ass team that works Hard, but has no offensive cohesion. The defense are basically all stay at homers, with the exception of mete, who was not is Bergevin's plans when building this team. 

Streit, Hemsky, Morrow... it will never end with this g.m. It's all patch work.

Now we've hit a point where we have nothing to gain in a trade. Any piece worth a return, is part of this team's core. 2 steps back... 

Marc is played out, don't let him #### anything else up here, because now he's going to make a move that's about saving his career, not the future of this team. 

25 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

The problem is that up until the Benn pinch which caused the 2nd LA goal, Montreal was playing very well. They are playing structured hockey. I would give a couple weeks before I get excited. I am annoyed at losing though. And leaf fans gloating 

The 2 on 1s in the third were just atrocious. Up until that point, I thought they were playing a decent game. But man, not being able to score is getting old. When the most visible line is your third line, and the top two are no shows, that's no a good recipe for success. On the NBCSN feed in the US both Milbury (ugh) and Jones think the Drouin at C experiment needs to end. Milbury went on to state the obvious, for the Habs to get anywhere, Price is going to have to be All World all the time.

8 hours ago, habsFan1986 said:

Like I said in the preseason this team will not score more then 3 goals. How did we go from 1 goal scorer away from maybe winning a cup, to this AHL team we see now?????????????????

This team's shooting percentage right now is less than half of the worst shooting percentage in NHL history.  Its not sustainable. 

They weren't the best team of all-time when they were 10-0-1 last year on an unsustainably high shooting percentage. 

They aren't a terrible team now, when they are 1-5-1 with an unsustainable low shooting percentage. 

Things will even out.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

This team's shooting percentage right now is less than half of the worst shooting percentage in NHL history.  Its not sustainable. 

They weren't the best team of all-time when they were 10-0-1 last year on an unsustainably high shooting percentage. 

They aren't a terrible team now, when they are 1-5-1 with an unsustainable low shooting percentage. 

Things will even out.  

I agree with this. I have watched a few games and I really like the way they are playing in general. I'm not giving up yet. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I agree with this. I have watched a few games and I really like the way they are playing in general. I'm not giving up yet. 

I wonder who dislikes you NOT tossing in towel? Is an odd one.

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

Things will even out.  

Things will get better.

Will they get sufficiently better to make us more than a bubble team? That's getting harder to believe. 

And as for 'contender' status - file that under 'unicorn'

Guest Stogey24

Pacioretty after practise: "That is the challenge … how am I going to go tell my teammates that we got to be better when I’m the worst one on the ice,” said Pacioretty, who has one goal and no assists in seven games to go along with a minus-3. “That’s what keeps you up at night … that’s what keeps me up at night. Trust me, if you guys think I don’t care you got it all wrong. If anything, I think too much and I care too much".

It's great hearing Pacioretty have some emotion, but I mean I don't even think he had a hit last game. He's doesn't engage himself. 

I truly believe Weber should be wearing the C. Pacioretty just needs to play his game. It almost sounds like the C is burden on him.

59 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Pacioretty after practise: "That is the challenge … how am I going to go tell my teammates that we got to be better when I’m the worst one on the ice,” said Pacioretty, who has one goal and no assists in seven games to go along with a minus-3. “That’s what keeps you up at night … that’s what keeps me up at night. Trust me, if you guys think I don’t care you got it all wrong. If anything, I think too much and I care too much".

It's great hearing Pacioretty have some emotion, but I mean I don't even think he had a hit last game. He's doesn't engage himself. 

I truly believe Weber should be wearing the C. Pacioretty just needs to play his game. It almost sounds like the C is burden on him.

I agree. But he really, really wanted to be the C, so I don't think we're going to see any change.

20 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree. But he really, really wanted to be the C, so I don't think we're going to see any change.

Nothing wrong with giving him the Joe Thornton treatment and stripping the C.  I have been calling for it a good long while, because in my opinion, the C shoudn't be on a guy who takes entire nights off when he's in scoring slumps.  If it helps unburden him, great...that's a bonus.  Even if nothing changes where Max's game is concerned, it's just better optics and example to have your captain be a guy who works hard every night....and Weber would be the perfect choice.

I agree that it shouldn't happen and I'm in the vocal minority that likes Pacioretty as a captain but I was just thinking the other day how Brown's playing well this year for the Kings and it happened to him in the past. That being said, it's already been years and he has had some struggles in recent seasons. Some Kings fans actually thought him getting stripped of the captaincy would be the end of him. 

It also happened to Thornton but actually his game has perhaps coincidentally declined and he was also much older.

When one sees the game live, I can tell you that regardless of letter on the jersey, Pacioretty actually may be *the* leader on the team. He stands up on the bench and talks to the boys, makes sure everything is alright with his teammates, etc. But at the same time, he also seems to be somewhat of a solitary individual (introvert?) and doesn't join in on some of the other activities that his teammates do in warmup, for example.