Rebuild the right way

habsareajoke

I have been reading a lot about the poor start.. well.. let's start with the plan... is there one? Habs fans say rebuild but you can't with high salaried veterans and a stud goalie.   My suggestion would be to send the young players down for a year..let them develop and learn.  Things a way to easy from my perspective.  Let's look at defense.. you can't win with a 19 yr old 5ft10 kid back there., sure he can skate and it's a Cinderella story but come on is this the best we have? METE should be sent down and have should trade for an experienced defenceman who can hit,skate and score not a 19 year old who belongs in the minors and with Canadian Jr team.  Habs are going to ruin him.

You with blow it all up or you have a minestrone soup and right now habs are so disconnected and have no identity.   Trade the duds and rebuild the right way one piece at a time.

• lazy26 changed the title to Rebuild the right way

I'm not sure how Mete's development is being ruined when he's improving game after game?

I'm not saying things are perfect, but that's basically the one thing they're not buggering up this year.

1 hour ago, habsareajoke said:

I have been reading a lot about the poor start.. well.. let's start with the plan... is there one? Habs fans say rebuild but you can't with high salaried veterans and a stud goalie.   My suggestion would be to send the young players down for a year..let them develop and learn.  Things a way to easy from my perspective.  Let's look at defense.. you can't win with a 19 yr old 5ft10 kid back there., sure he can skate and it's a Cinderella story but come on is this the best we have? METE should be sent down and have should trade for an experienced defenceman who can hit,skate and score not a 19 year old who belongs in the minors and with Canadian Jr team.  Habs are going to ruin him.

You with blow it all up or you have a minestrone soup and right now habs are so disconnected and have no identity.   Trade the duds and rebuild the right way one piece at a time.

Best go back to your Leaf forum bud.:angry:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, lazy26 said:

I'm not sure how Mete's development is being ruined when he's improving game after game?

I'm not saying things are perfect, but that's basically the one thing they're not buggering up for the 1st two weeks of the seasons anyways.

Fixed that for you, I think Drouin has been productive as well and doing fine, isnt he? Weber, Alzner, Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, Hudon, Gallagher, and numerous others also have played well...Benn, Strait, Morrow, Galchenyuk, Price, Petry 50% of time not so much.

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Fixed that for you, I think Drouin has been productive as well and doing fine, isnt he? Weber, Alzner, Byron, Shaw, Lehkonen, Hudon, Gallagher, and numerous others also have played well...Benn, Strait, Morrow, Galchenyuk, Price, Petry 50% of time not so much.

I agree to a certain extent; there have been plenty of positives, but Mete's performance has been the most surprising to me, while the others have merely met my expectations, I suppose.

And I haven't written off the season yet!  Just commenting up to this point (crystal ball is still broken).

2 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I agree to a certain extent; there have been plenty of positives, but Mete's performance has been the most surprising to me, while the others have merely met my expectations, I suppose.

And I haven't written off the season yet!  Just commenting up to this point (crystal ball is still broken).

Don't worry, was just kidding, I know you are one who doesnt seem to overreact. However if the next two weeks is similar W-Ls, all bets are off and Media-Political-Fan pressure will likely force Molson to drop the hammer.

And yes Mete has been biggest surprise for sure.

The best way to get change is to quit buying Habs merchandise. Quit going to games. Let Molson stew with a 14000 attendance season. You want a rebuild, that's how you do it. Demand it. Like the Canucks are right now. Don't be the leafs or modern day Habs fan and cheer blindly and open your wallet. Seal that wallet tight and the right rebuild will happen. I don't think the team is there yet personally, but that's what I will do if I get sick of it. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

The best way to get change is to quit buying Habs merchandise. Quit going to games. Let Molson stew with a 14000 attendance season. You want a rebuild, that's how you do it. Demand it. Like the Canucks are right now. Don't be the leafs or modern day Habs fan and cheer blindly and open your wallet. Seal that wallet tight and the right rebuild will happen. I don't think the team is there yet personally, but that's what I will do if I get sick of it. 

My perspective is that you're punishing yourself more than the organization when doing this. There's still going to be enough people who buy product or attend games. Especially people who have no idea about the current state of affairs in the NHL standings. 

One thing I will say somewhat on topic is that fans have complained about losing some of our best players in the past and then others want to rebuild by getting rid of our current stars. Trading Price? I mean, how is that actually going to help us in a 1 for 1 deal? One player isn't enough either way. Getting rid of Weber and Pacioretty will also have us longing for booming shot from the point and seeing Pacioretty go would leave us missing a player with his release. 

The Habs are missing some pieces but it's not clear exactly where they fit in the standings. Are they actually a bottom dweller? I don't think any of our recent hot starts would have happened with this October schedule anyway. We never win in California (1st time playing there in October in recent memory) and have played the Hawks, a Leafs team with a decent start, Washington and New York who despite their weak start, seem to have the mental edge on the Habs as we speak.

• Upvote 1