HABS @ ANAHEIM DUCKS OCTOBER 20TH @ 10 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

ANAHEIM%20DUCKS_zpswr0spvbw.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens continue their Caliornia swing and look to cap it off with a much needed victory. Yours truly will be attending the game and is therefore attempting anything to try and help them snap out of it and pull the win off. With Price in net, this is a winnable game although the Habs tend to not have much success in California. Anaheim won last year's meeting in California by a score of 3-2 in a rather close encounter. As far as I know, one of the storylines of the game is that Ryan Getzlaf continues to be nursing an injury and will therefore be out of the lineup. The Habs have a shot here. 

PROJECTED LINEUPS

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Pacioretty - Drouin - Galchenyuk

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Hemsky 

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Hudon - De La Rose - Gallagher

Mete - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Morrow - Davidson

PRICE

Montoya

ANAHEIM DUCKS 

Cogliano - Rakell - Silfverberg

Ritchie - Vermette - Perry

Wagner - Grant - L. Shaw

Kerdiles - Rasmussen - Boll

Fowler - Manson

Beauchemin - Montour

Megna - Holzer

GIBSON

Berra

Lineups are not absolutely confirmed but two additional things to note are...

1) The hot start of Andrew Cogliano on the Ducks. Can he keep it up tonight?

2) Gallagher's presence on the 4th line. I'm assuming he spent some time there last game but he also took a puck to the hand (again) last game and hopefully there's not too much to that story.

:habslogo::gohabsgo::1gohabs::habslogo::gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo::wavetowel::habslogo::gohabsgo::1gohabs::habslogo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

• Like 1

Small note that I seemed to have overlooked last season's 1-2 loss at the Honda Center on November 29th, 2016. That was indeed the last meeting. What it does say is that we seem to play the Ducks pretty close. 1-2 last time and 2-3 the time before.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Two things.

Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen was a line that never should have been broken up.  Put it back together, instead of having Hemsky there. 

Julien loves his vets 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Two things.

Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen was a line that never should have been broken up.  Put it back together, instead of having Hemsky there. 

Hemsky is perfect for the 5th line.

6 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think Hemsky has earned his million a year so far. Agree that hudon Plekanec Lehkonen need to stay together. Same with byron shaw Danault. They were very good together. 

Don't you think Carr-McCarron or Scherbak would be upgrade on him?

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Don't you think Carr-McCarron or Scherbak would be upgrade on him?

I'd like to see Hemsky tried in an offensive role before giving up on him.  He has been a productive playmaker at times in his career and playing on the fourth line doesn't exactly put him in the best situation to succeed.  I don't think putting Scherbak on the 4th line RW would be a worthwhile decision and McCarron in that role is kind of pointless as well while he has waiver exemption.  Carr was good in that role two years ago but struggled last season so there's no guarantee that he'd be a notable improvement either.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'd like to see Hemsky tried in an offensive role before giving up on him.  He has been a productive playmaker at times in his career and playing on the fourth line doesn't exactly put him in the best situation to succeed.  I don't think putting Scherbak on the 4th line RW would be a worthwhile decision and McCarron in that role is kind of pointless as well while he has waiver exemption.  Carr was good in that role two years ago but struggled last season so there's no guarantee that he'd be a notable improvement either.

However, Hemsky is getting PP time and still notta. At least Big Mikey is and would be a huge screen.

Plus he could throw a body check, not sure i have seen one of those this year. A fight would be be nice as well. 

I believe they are officially last in the league now with no regulation wins. 

The good news is they are picking #1, #2 if they get unlucky. Hard to follow how the lottery even works. 

8 minutes ago, DON said:

However, Hemsky is getting PP time and still notta. At least Big Mikey is and would be a huge screen.

I wouldn't mind Hemsky coming off the PP but McCarron isn't going to be the solution there.  It's not as simple as having a big guy standing in front on the PP - if it was, every team would be doing that.  I don't think McCarron has enough offensive skill (in terms of deflections, getting rebounds, etc) to be effective as a screener.

Just now, Chris said:

I believe they are officially last in the league now with no regulation wins.

Arizona's still looking for their first win period.  They're the only other team than Montreal still looking for the first regulation win.

Guest Stogey24

Hemsky is not an nhl caliber player anymore. Flattened twice now and sent to dressing room

An undersized team with not enough skill to afford to be undersized. Not a good recipe