HABS @ ANAHEIM DUCKS OCTOBER 20TH @ 10 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

Brutal...maximum effort and they can barely score... just over a minute for ducks to pop two in.

this team lacks talent. All there is to it.

they are not as bad as the start, but they are not a good team.

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, Davehab said:

I really don’t know what to say. Yes Scoring is a problem.  But defence is awful to watch When Weber- mete is off the ice it’s just so awful 

Thank Bergevin for the disaster he built on the backend.

And to think mete wasn't even meant to be on this team. Pretty scary 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lacks talent?  To the point that there shooting percentage is less than 1/2 of the worst team in NHL history???  I don't buy that. 

This has gone past the point of ridiculous. 

They take a lot of low percentage shots, easy saves for the goalies

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lacks talent?  To the point that there shooting percentage is less than 1/2 of the worst team in NHL history???  I don't buy that. 

This has gone past the point of ridiculous. 

Yes..lack talent. Defence is not very good. No decent centres. Face offs are killing them. Lots of perimeter shots padding the shot clock. 

I said they are not as bad as this but they are not going to turn into a great team.  The shooting percentage will get better, but I don’t see the defence improving much. You know what gets you a low shooting percentage? A team always behind that lacks finishers, but is blasting away trying to get back in the game. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t watch this team anymore.  I’m done until something big happens. 

It has gotten so far past one player like Galchenyuk or Patches scoring. It’s done.

It’s almost too late to fire Bergevin. Should have been fired the minute he came to Molson with the Subban deal. 

Bergevin: Hey boss I’m thinking of trading Subban for Weber straight up. 

Molson: you’re fired!!

thats exactly how it should have went. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
5 minutes ago, brobin said:

Yes..lack talent. Defence is not very good. No decent centres. Face offs are killing them. Lots of perimeter shots padding the shot clock. 

I said they are not as bad as this but they are not going to turn into a great team.  The shooting percentage will get better, but I don’t see the defence improving much. You know what gets you a low shooting percentage? A team always behind that lacks finishers, but is blasting away trying to get back in the game. 

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Thank Bergevin for the disaster he built on the backend.

And to think mete wasn't even meant to be on this team. Pretty scary 

100% agree

I would look right at the pro-scouting- Morrow-Hemsky-Strait-Gelinas just are bunch of nothing useful.

Guest Stogey24
4 minutes ago, DON said:

100% agree

I would look right at the pro-scouting- Morrow-Hemsky-Strait-Gelinas just are bunch of nothing useful.

Don, I know you like the management group, but this team is going to clean house in the not too distant future. Marc my words.

2 hours ago, sim.on said:

They take a lot of low percentage shots, easy saves for the goalies

To the point where they are at less than half the level of the worst team in NHL history.  No, thats not the explaination here. 

I'm not buying that this team has half the talent of the worst team in NHL history. And takes far worse shots than them. Sorry that makes no sense.

Especially when you look at shot location charts and heatmaps and you see that they are an average NHL team in shot location... and then you look at basically the same roster and you realize that they have been middle of the pack every year for 5 years now. 

Rationalizing that this is the real team, and not some weird aberration of unlucky shooting in a small sample size just doesn't match with the facts.  

This team wasn't the greatest team of all time when they were 10-0-1 last year with a 110 PDO

They aren't the worst team of all time with a slow start this year with a 90.9 PDO.  

Things evened out last year with a long midseason slump that kept the club from being a 120+ point club.... somehow i don't think this is an 85 points and below club either. 

And Jeez, people are angry.... constant downvotes.... 

• Upvote 1