HABS @ ANAHEIM DUCKS OCTOBER 20TH @ 10 PM EST

xXx..CK..xXx

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Exactly... 2 wins in the month. 

Well last season their first game was Oct 12 and they played 9 games in October. Habs started Oct 5th this season and have 12 games this month. So to just say "2 wins in the month" is a bit out of context.

But if you want to directly compare them by the 9 game mark, then IF Montreal wins their upcoming 9th game, then they will have 5 points out of 18.

50 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Lines today

Byron-Drouin-Lehkonen
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-McCarron-Scherbak

looks good.

1 hour ago, DON said:

looks good.

The second and third lines, yeah. But that first line does not seem like an NHL top line to me. And of course, Galy remains on the 4th...sigh.

Guest Stogey24
54 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The second and third lines, yeah. But that first line does not seem like an NHL top line to me. And of course, Galy remains on the 4th...sigh.

Let's hope him and Scherbak find some type of chemistry. 

11 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Whether or not Scherbak is actually NHL ready, sometimes a rookie comes up and plays with incredible energy for a few games. If he can do that, it might help to kick start Galy as well.

25 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Agree, just need Scherbak to be aggressive and not sit back, or be intimidated.

Guest Stogey24
11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

McCarron is the perfect skilled player who can centre a line with those two creative wingers.... exactly what i had in mind.  /sarcasm

I'll take him over Mitchell 

I don't think Alex has given us enough to continue to be on our top line for the time-being," said coach Claude Julien. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

McCarron is the perfect skilled player who can centre a line with those two creative wingers.... exactly what i had in mind.  /sarcasm

But, might work just as well...also given perfect skilled player who can centre these two not available, cept on the PP. But, Julien is mixing up the lines and your Drouin in that spot may happen sooner than think, if they fire blanks again tomorrow.  

But, likely not before the two creative wingers show 'something' that coaching staff wants to see.

Edited by DON
edit

This FW configuration really needs a McCarron. I've been complaining for a while now that all our forwards play pretty much the same game - not a single one brings beef and power to the table. Unfortunately, from the bits I've seen McCarron is just not quick enough to be much good at this level.

Guest Stogey24
9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This FW configuration really needs a McCarron. I've been complaining for a while now that all our forwards play pretty much the same game - not a single one brings beef and power to the table. Unfortunately, from the bits I've seen McCarron is just not quick enough to be much good at this level.

He really pissed me off in training camp. 

I'm not agreeing with commandant, because we've had some spirited arguments about this kid, but he's looking pretty questionable these days. 

Hi guys, I have not had much to say bout this because what is there to say. They have played like crap but what is the point in jumping all over them, We all  we all should have known that no  defence and very little offence is a road to disaster. My opinion, the Gm has lost his mind. We win one game and he has a presser to tell us that all is well. All we needed was some confidence, All is good, he has the team he wanted. Apparently we do not need a puck moving defenceman. Goal scorers? not needed. We are going to teach Carey to play center and score goals. I guess. Our GM  tells us no changes coming. Don't need any. The team is in great shape. My real question is, what team is he watching? I dont blame the players or the coach, they are not the problem. They are doing their best but the GM forgot to spend some of that 8.5 million that he has. This is just my opinion and that and a dollar will get you a coffee at the clown place with the arches. Maybe we could get a GM there.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Hi guys, I have not had much to say bout this because what is there to say. They have played like crap but what is the point in jumping all over them, We all  we all should have known that no  defence and very little offence is a road to disaster. My opinion, the Gm has lost his mind. We win one game and he has a presser to tell us that all is well. All we needed was some confidence, All is good, he has the team he wanted. Apparently we do not need a puck moving defenceman. Goal scorers? not needed. We are going to teach Carey to play center and score goals. I guess. Our GM  tells us no changes coming. Don't need any. The team is in great shape. My real question is, what team is he watching? I dont blame the players or the coach, they are not the problem. They are doing their best but the GM forgot to spend some of that 8.5 million that he has. This is just my opinion and that and a dollar will get you a coffee at the clown place with the arches. Maybe we could get a GM there.

OK, that's enough out of you, go back to sleep Grumpy.:tumbleweed: