Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xXx..CK..xXx

HABS @ ANAHEIM DUCKS OCTOBER 20TH @ 10 PM EST

Recommended Posts

Commandant    603

on the season XG is over 27... they have 13 gf 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    603

I mean you want to sum up the bounces in the game....

Kevin Bieksa breaks his stick, and the puck skids sideways and it sets up montour for a perfect one-timer into an open net. Thats theluck this team has right now.  Bieksa breaks his stick and the puck hops in such a way that its the best pass he's made in five years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could only watch snatches of this one, but it sounds like the kind of game a team has when it's starting to come out of a slump. Both MaxPac and Galy seem to have been involved, and they are keys to the offence. Normally I would say, 'OK, this team is on the cusp of rattling off some wins.'

 

What's confusing is the 6 GAA. If our bottom four D is really as bad as it's looked for most games this season, then this may be the fly in that particular ointment. Even IF the offence comes, this looks like a group that will suffer inconvenient breakdowns on a regular basis. Price simply has to revert to vintage form or this bunch is doomed; and even Price circa 2015 may not be enough.

 

But for the sake of optimism, I'll nonetheless stick to the claim that the Habs are going to start putting together some kind of winning streak (maybe 4-5 games) within the next couple of outings.

 

(In a weird wzy, though, I hope not, because Bergevin is a fraud who should be fired, and a nice recovery will allow Molson to keep swallowing his BS).

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BCHabnut    161
6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thats theluck this team has right now.  Bieksa breaks his stick and the puck hops in such a way that its the best pass he's made in five years. 

Awesome way of putting it. I'm pissing myself laughing at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BCHabnut    161
28 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I could only watch snatches of this one, but it sounds like the kind of game a team has when it's starting to come out of a slump. Both MaxPac and Galy seem to have been involved, and they are keys to the offence. Normally I would say, 'OK, this team is on the cusp of rattling off some wins.'

 

What's confusing is the 6 GAA. If our bottom four D is really as bad as it's looked for most games this season, then this may be the fly in that particular ointment. Even IF the offence comes, this looks like a group that will suffer inconvenient breakdowns on a regular basis. Price simply has to revert to vintage form or this bunch is doomed; and even Price circa 2015 may not be enough.

 

But for the sake of optimism, I'll nonetheless stick to the claim that the Habs are going to start putting together some kind of winning streak (maybe 4-5 games) within the next couple of outings.

 

(In a weird wzy, though, I hope not, because Bergevin is a fraud who should be fired, and a nice recovery will allow Molson to keep swallowing his BS).

 

 

The defense worries me a bit. I agree with Commandant on the shooting percentage. It just can't keep going like this. At some point they have to start going in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

The defense worries me a bit. I agree with Commandant on the shooting percentage. It just can't keep going like this. At some point they have to start going in. 

 

Patches with 8 shots or whatever? He is on the verge of one of his tears. If Galy can keep improving, then yes, goals will come. 

 

What's not clear to me is whether this group is anything better than a bubble team once the goals do start coming, especially considering the points they've thrown away thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    603
5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Patches with 8 shots or whatever? He is on the verge of one of his tears. If Galy can keep improving, then yes, goals will come. 

 

What's not clear to me is whether this group is anything better than a bubble team once the goals do start coming, especially considering the points they've thrown away thus far.

 

The points thrown away are concerning.  That said didnt the team have a stretch of being like 1-6-1 or something very similar before therrien was fired last year.

 

There is no room for error now.  They have dug a hole where they cant have a second streak like this over the course of the season.  But if thats the swoon out of the way....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

 

The points thrown away are concerning.  That said didnt the team have a stretch of being like 1-6-1 or something very similar before therrien was fired last year.

 

There is no room for error now.  They have dug a hole where they cant have a second streak like this over the course of the season.  But if thats the swoon out of the way....

 

Agreed. As I say, though, it's hard to see a team with this D winning with that level of consistency. We should keep in mind that this ridiculous slump has occured while the team is completely healthy (except for Schlemko). One injury to the top-4 and we are completely hooped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    2

It's not bad luck or bounces that causes a team to get blown out night after night. Sure, they will win some games, and probably even score 5 goals in a game or two. A blind squirrel can find a nut every now and again.

 

To suggest a team with no top 2 centers, a soft perimeter team with poor defense and goaltending will turn it around once the bad luck stops, won't happen. I'm sure the Arizona fans are thinking the same thing, bad luck. 

 

It's bad hockey, they have played one good period in 7 games, that's not luck. 

 

Is Dahlen a center? 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's not bad luck or bounces that causes a team to get blown out night after night. Sure, they will win some games, and probably even score 5 goals in a game or two. A blind squirrel can find a nut every now and again.

 

To suggest a team with no top 2 centers, a soft perimeter team with poor defense and goaltending will turn it around once the bad luck stops, won't happen. I'm sure the Arizona fans are thinking the same thing, bad luck. 

 

It's bad hockey, they have played one good period in 7 games, that's not luck. 

 

Is Dahlen a center? 

 

Price is  bad goalie - ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    603

One good period in seven games? Have you been watching the same games i have? Have you been watching the same games the statisticians have? As for being a team with poor goaltending? Yes price has played poorly so far. Do you expect that will comtinue indefinitely? Do you think price is going to continue as one of the leagues worst.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    2

So far this year he is. shakey is maybe a better word. 

 

His defense is terrible in front of him no doubt, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris    2

Yep, and they have been outscored in most all those periods. 

 

It's about wins and losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris said:

So far this year he is. shakey is maybe a better word. 

 

His defense is terrible in front of him no doubt, 

 

I have no doubt that both Price and Patches will come around back to elite performance. I'd give Galy a 60-40 chance of recovering his form as well. 

 

I have a LOT of doubt that these outcomes will be sufficient to make this more than a bubble team over the coming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link67    108

Again, same story, different opponent..

 

 

We get the shots, we win the scoring chance battle, we win the possession battle, and lose the game pretty soundly by score. I am so confused as to what I am watching, they look like an AHL team squabbling about at times, and an absolute juggernaut at others. Aside from Weber and Mete, who are pretty solid and consistent since the start of the year, the rest of the D takes turns being brutal for periods or games at a time. in the last 5 or so games everyone from Petry to Benn has had a stretch where they are colossal failures out on the ice for a period or a game at a time. Alzner had his turn this game, looking terrible and shaken up shift after shift for about a 10 min stretch there.

 

That kind of stuff from the bottom 4 Dmen cannot continue, Price allowed the goals tonight but he didn't look silly on any of them, he had knuckle pucks deflecting, cross crease tap ins, broken plays turn into deadly one timers all flying in past him. Our offense clearly lacks finish atm but it does seem to be something that can turn itself around rather quickly with a few snake bit guys getting the monkey off their back. This Defense though, aside from the top pair, needs to get its shit together, they need to get back to playing to their potential, all of them, because this whole "lets take turns being brutal and cost our team goals against" they have going on back there right now is killing us.

 

 

Can we just have Markov back now? God that stupid decision is going to haunt us all year isn't it..

 

BrokenScholarlyHadrosaurus-size_restrict

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illWill    419

I turned the tv on to watch this game and it was already 3-0, then I promptly turned the tv off. 

 

30 shots in a period? The lack of scoring is an anomaly of epic proportions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trizzak    439
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

The points thrown away are concerning.  That said didnt the team have a stretch of being like 1-6-1 or something very similar before therrien was fired last year.

 

There is no room for error now.  They have dug a hole where they cant have a second streak like this over the course of the season.  But if thats the swoon out of the way....

 

Do you see this team playing .650 hockey over the rest of the season? Because that is what it will take to make the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    28
15 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

Do you see this team playing .650 hockey over the rest of the season? Because that is what it will take to make the playoffs. 

Yes, is looking more probable this Hab season will end two weeks sooner than last...however, only have played 2 home games so far, have a bunch of home games in Nov and just gotta hope the starting a winning streak on Tues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXx..CK..xXx    144

I don't know what to say as well.

 

This was the best game I've been to in Anaheim in the last few years and yet it was our worst outcome. 

 

I can see the argument that we lack that finishing touch talent seeing as Byron is a player who stands out on a nightly basis but our defence and goaltending has been an issue.

 

At 2-3, Price would have had to hold down the fort but if he could have, the Habs had a real shot. On the other hand, I'm sitting there at 2-3 while thinking I've been through this before and if we let the next goal in, we're absolutely screwed. 

 

I was seated a few rows behind the net on the end of the ice where the Habs were shooting in the second period and it felt as though most of the game was played in that end. The second period was all us but the first and third were mostly the Ducks.

 

The problem I see going forward is that the effort has been there consistently without results. The players on the team will never feel as though they just need to hit that second gear to get things going. They've exceeded second gear and still can't get the results. We can hear about statistical anomalies but in my opinion it's entirely possible much of this season will continue to be a statistical anomaly. Some things can take 8 games to be a decent sample size, others may take 82 and then again others may take 800. Who knows at what point it evens out but as of now a pattern is developing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trizzak    439
4 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I was seated a few rows behind the net on the end of the ice where the Habs were shooting in the second period and it felt as though most of the game was played in that end. The second period was all us but the first and third were mostly the Ducks.

 

All the goals in the game were scored on that net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXx..CK..xXx    144

That could help explain why it "felt" as though it was the best game I've been to, despite the outcome.

 

Still, as someone who sensed the storm coming this year as a result of our off season, I thought the Habs competed every way possible. They dropped the gloves, took hits to make plays, and shot 51 times including 30 shots during the second which I believe is a franchise record. 

 

We're either going to be one of the worst teams in the league for the entire season or go on a tear with a move or two. I do think we need to try and acquire a player of talent but if the intensity remains, the player could help us exponentially. The problem is seeing as we are the team at the bottom of the standings, the schedule doesn't get any easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

That could help explain why it "felt" as though it was the best game I've been to, despite the outcome.

 

Still, as someone who sensed the storm coming this year as a result of our off season, I thought the Habs competed every way possible. They dropped the gloves, took hits to make plays, and shot 51 times including 30 shots during the second which I believe is a franchise record. 

 

We're either going to be one of the worst teams in the league for the entire season or go on a tear with a move or two. I do think we need to try and acquire a player of talent but if the intensity remains, the player could help us exponentially. The problem is seeing as we are the team at the bottom of the standings, the schedule doesn't get any easier.

 

You have to think Duchesne is the likeliest candidate to end up in a Habs jersey, probably within the next handful of weeks. He's a C, after all, and apparently the asking price is finally getting more realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    673
29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You have to think Duchesne is the likeliest candidate to end up in a Habs jersey, probably within the next handful of weeks. He's a C, after all, and apparently the asking price is finally getting more realistic.

 

Not by much.  Colorado is open to taking back a top defensive prospect who is at the junior level (instead of someone at the AHL level on the verge of being NHL ready).  They still want the established defender and the first round pick though on top of that though so the asking price is still extremely high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    603
2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

 

Do you see this team playing .650 hockey over the rest of the season? Because that is what it will take to make the playoffs. 

 

Yes they can. 

 

If they can play 650 outside of a small stretch that got Therrien fired last year, there is No reason to believe that this isn't the "bad stretch" this year. 

 

They have just given themselves no room for another slump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Yes they can. 

 

If they can play 650 outside of a small stretch that got Therrien fired last year, there is No reason to believe that this isn't the "bad stretch" this year. 

 

They have just given themselves no room for another slump. 

 

That team had Markov, though - ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×