Goals Vincent Trocheck (3) 3 tied with (2) Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST
Assists Radim Vrbata (5) Karl Alzner (4) National TV: N/A
Points 3 tied with (7) Jonathan Drouin (5) Regional TV: TSN2, RDS, FS-FLA
PIMS Micheal Haley (27) Andrew Shaw (18) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Aaron Ekblad (+5) 3 tied with (-1) French Radio: FM 98.5

1 hour ago, DON said:

Three #1 picks on the 4th line.

That sounds like Habs' drafting and development, all right :lol:

I know the "first game back from a road trip" is supposed to be death, but they're gonna win tonight.

• Like 1

Tonight it all turns around because I am finally back in Canada to watch a game. 6-1 Habs. Let's get this train back on the track, Team is not as bad as it has looked. 

5 hours ago, DON said:

Three #1 picks on the 4th line.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That sounds like Habs' drafting and development, all right :lol:

Throw in the Tinordi bust, and it's justification for firing the lot of them IMO

Massive save on Barkov after Yandle makes an o-zone play that no Hab defenceman could make in a million years.

A 'breakout attempt' so laughably inept by Benn/ Alzner that that duo might as well be in the employ of the Panthers.

And Drouin looking lethal on every single shift, plus an actual recorded bodycheck by Pacioretty!

Entertaining so far, at least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Massive save on Barkov after Yandle makes an o-zone play that no Hab defenceman could make in a million years.

A 'breakout attempt' so laughably inept by Benn/ Alzner that that duo might as well be in the employ of the Panthers.

And Drouin looking lethal on every single shift, plus an actual recorded bodycheck by Pacioretty!

I like how you stay positive, I hate to admit it but I'm having alot harder a time doing that watching some of the "low IQ hockey" plays in the O-zone :/

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Alzner is fulfilling all of the promise of ineptness I thought he would bring. He’s a classic 90’s dman. To bad for us it’s 2017.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Alzner is fulfilling all of the promise of ineptness I thought he would bring. He’s a classic 90’s dman. To bad for us it’s 2017.

He and Benn have been atrocious. Those are some ace signings by the Suit that Walks Like a GM.

Guest Stogey24
3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

He'll be bought out before the end of his contract. 5 years is ridiculous for him

Just now, dlbalr said:

That was an ugly start but the Habs were a lot better in the second half of the period.  Price looks a lot more like Price in his movements/reads as well which is good to see.

Yeah, he's suddenly snapped back into form.

FLA was the better team for most of the period, but the Habs did very well toward the end.

Our D remains clownish and Galchenyuk looks as lost as I've ever seen him. In better news, MaxPac is playing a really excellent all-around game. That is what he needs to do - make a difference in other ways if he's not scoring. And the Drouin line looked very good. Scherbak had a nice shift there, but his linemates are turds so far.

30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He and Benn have been atrocious. Those are some ace signings by the Suit that Walks Like a GM.

Alzner, Benn, Briere, martinsen, king, semin, hemsky, streit, ott, Parros, Tangradi, pleks extension, kassian signing and subsequent trade for Ben friggin Scrivens, John Scott, Subban trade, Sergechev trade easily badly offset the vanak trade and the Byron, weisse and danault pickups.

i didn’t list Petry, because I’ve mever been a fan - so while many like him, too me he’d be part of the negative ledger.

20 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He'll be bought out before the end of his contract. 5 years is ridiculous for him

One year was ridiculous for him.  I would have given Markov 2 years before I would have even considered Alzner for one year.

7 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Sergachev now ALMOST the highest total points for all NHL D-men...whoops

Yeah, but MB was probably going with the same attitude as Don - what had Sergechev actually accomplished in the NHL.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, he's suddenly snapped back into form.

FLA was the better team for most of the period, but the Habs did very well toward the end.

Our D remains clownish and Galchenyuk looks as lost as I've ever seen him. In better news, MaxPac is playing a really excellent all-around game. That is what he needs to do - make a difference in other ways if he's not scoring. And the Drouin line looked very good. Scherbak had a nice shift there, but his linemates are turds so far.

I pretty much expected this when we hired Julien.  The kid had to endure therrien and than gets Julien. I guess after we trade him for a grinder and MB gets fired, the next move is to hire either carbo or Martin as coach.

to think if Therrien was fired we could have had guy Boucher!