RANGERS @ HABS, OCT.28

illWill

Guest Stogey24

Not to f-up your gdt, but I think Mitchell is in for Scherbak.

Really glad Galchenyuk gets some prime line mates to play with. Claude Old-Schoolien  

I appreciate anyone taking the trouble to do a game-day post, but did you HAVE to put up that picture of that POS taking out Price's knee??? :angry:  Arrrrrrrgh

Somehow I'd missed the fact that Desharnais is now in NY. Watch him get a hat trick tonight :lol:

The Rags seem to have fallen on hard times. I remember a time when it seemed as though the Habs, the Rags, and the Lightning were the class of the conference and were going to alternate trips to the Finals. I was right about two of those three teams...but then again only the Habs are managed by idiots.

14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I appreciate anyone taking the trouble to do a game-day post, but did you HAVE to put up that picture of that POS taking out Price's knee??? :angry:  Arrrrrrrgh

There's no escaping the past Mr. Cucumber :lol:

The theme I was going for was overcoming adversity. Kreider took out Price with a blatantly dirty play, Price responds the next season by leveling him behind the net. Habs have dug themselves a hole to start the year so they need to dig deep within themselves and pull out of it

Reusch pre-game trivia,

http://intentionaloffside.com/?p=44745

the one that stood out; sportsclubstats has it at 4.3% chance that Habs make playoffs, not real encouraging at all.

However;

"No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach." D.Trump

:gohabsgo:

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Drouin

Byron Plekanec Gallagher 

Hudon Danault Lehkonen

De La Rose McCaron Shaw

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Somehow I'd missed the fact that Desharnais is now in NY. Watch him get a hat trick tonight :lol:

The Rags seem to have fallen on hard times. I remember a time when it seemed as though the Habs, the Rags, and the Lightning were the class of the conference and were going to alternate trips to the Finals. I was right about two of those three teams...but then again only the Habs are managed by idiots.

Shattenkirk to the Rangers and Drouin to the Hab. So far so good. I don't expect the Rangers to be this bad all season. Hopefully neutral hockey fans are thinking the same about the Habs. 

I think the first break we've had all season is the Rangers starting Pavelec tonight.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

McCarron is playing well tonight. Funny thing is I've seen the team play this well for over 75% of the time. Just can't get the results. 

He does look pretty good tonight.  The only guy I've seen looking bad so far is Pacioretty; he can barely handle the puck, and when he did finally get a shot off it was a badly aimed one that made for an easy save.

22 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Three...we're practically the '85 oilers tonight LOL

Pavelec is hot garbage. 

I told my buddy before the game, when I saw Pavelec was in net, that if they don't score at least 3 this game I will give up on the season. 

• Upvote 1

It's always nice when you have more goals than the other team has shots.  That doesn't happen too often in a season.

On a side note, give Kim Richardson (the anthem singer tonight) the full-time contract right now.  That was the best version of the anthem the Habs have had in years.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

It's always nice when you have more goals than the other team has shots.  That doesn't happen too often in a season.

On a side note, whoever that anthem singer was tonight, give her the full-time contract right now.  That was the best version of the anthem the Habs have had in years.

Was it the stock song? It's not your song. Sing it as it is written. Hate it when they change it up

2 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Cherry called us front runners. What is that? 

Fans who only cheer when the team is winning.  The more common term he was going for I think is bandwagoners.

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Was it the stock song? It's not your song. Sing it as it is written. Hate it when they change it up

Yes, it was sung in the proper fashion - powerful and respectful.  No holding the notes excessively, changing the tune, or anything like that.  It was extremely well done.

Max looked beyond pathetic there with his half-hearted digging along the boards when we needed to clear.  He needs to be benched to send a message...it's ridiculous.  Most of your teammates are working their asses off tonight...get in the damn game or sit down and stop taking icetime away from someone else.

9 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I'm a drouin fan. I like him more than Kovalev 

Easy now...he will have to bury a lot more pucks in highlight reel fashion to deserve being compared to L'Artiste