RANGERS @ HABS, OCT.28

illWill

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Pavelec is hot garbage. 

I told my buddy before the game, when I saw Pavelec was in net, that if they don't score at least 3 this game I will give up on the season. 

You called it.

Pavelec looks shaky as hell...shoot from everywhere might actually be a good idea tonight.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Easy now...he will have to bury a lot more pucks in highlight reel fashion to deserve being compared to L'Artiste

I just like how he can do things at high speed. He is a talented kid. I don't pay attention to his defensive play, but he sure looks like a centre to me. 

That Pacioretty goal was a big one and should give the Habs a bit of confidence heading into the 3rd.

Danault is having himself quite a game - three points so far, perfect at the dot (6-0), and has made a couple of really strong defensive plays as well.  It's easily his best game oft he season so far.

Ive said this before... Philipp Danault had 40 points in his first full season in the NHL. 

He'll never be a number 1 centre, but maybe, just maybe he becomes a 50-55 point guy who can be our number 2. 

He had a hell of a night. 

• Upvote 1

Different ways of looking at this one...a win is a win, but if the Rags had Lundqvist in net, I doubt we score 5.

McCarron looked good for much of this game, which was nice to see.

Blowing those leads is suggestive of either a team with fragile confidence, or cruddy defence - in this case possibly both.

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Different ways of looking at this one...a win is a win, but if the Rags had Lundqvist in net, I doubt we score 5.

Blowing those leads is suggestive of either a team with fragile confidence, or cruddy defence - in this case possibly both.

You can also add Price to that list.

I really didn't like the fans Bronx cheering him last game at all but the guy has to be better. He is not following the puck and his positioning is shaky. He will get it together he's my favourite player but he's also the guy the team looks to for confidence and it just isn't there right now.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Ive said this before... Philipp Danault had 40 points in his first full season in the NHL. 

He'll never be a number 1 centre, but maybe, just maybe he becomes a 50-55 point guy who can be our number 2. 

He had a hell of a night. 

He and Pacioretty seem to work well together, which is good because I find Danault to be completely void of chemistry with anyone else. 

Lines I'd go with:

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw

Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen

Hudon - McCarron - Mitchell

I know, call me crazy for putting a 4th liner on the top line, but it just seems like that kid can put the puck in the net when given the opportunity, I dunno.

• Upvote 3

Guest Stogey24
9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Very true with different ways too look at this one. 

I'm never going to shut up about Galchenyuk. I think it's bullshit he rides the pine most of the 3rd and missed shifts for Plekanec a couple times. 

10 min of ice time last night. Fackin joke. Tell me Julien doesn't have it out it out for this kid. Shaw plays 19mins, Lehkonen 16min.