RANGERS @ HABS, OCT.28

illWill

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

He and Pacioretty seem to work well together...

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher...

Totally agree, but Chucky has to win that spot. Now that they seem to have turned the corner, I want them to stick to the current plan and continue pushing him,

It was an exhiting game, like an old Whalers/Canadiens game. Let's hoe Price continues to improve back to what we expect from him.

9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

He and Pacioretty seem to work well together, which is good because I find Danault to be completely void of chemistry with anyone else. 

Lines I'd go with:

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw

Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen

Hudon - McCarron - Mitchell

I know, call me crazy for putting a 4th liner on the top line, but it just seems like that kid can put the puck in the net when given the opportunity, I dunno.

It does look like Danault is the new Desharnais: good with Patches, offensively useless without him. So I tend to disagree with Commandant that he's a legit top-6er; rather he is a top-6 C when paired with Pacioretty. Otherwise he's a big hunk of nothin'. But, chemistry is chemistry - I'll take it.

And I agree with Stogey that the treatment of Galy is moving beyond reason. Something is going on there beyond what we can see on the ice. When a guy who lacks confidence starts scoring you usually let him build on that momentum rather than keep him under 10 minutes of ice and stuck on the 4th line. CJ really seems to want him as a 4th liner, period.

• Upvote 1

Whoa, the cucumber is extra bitter this morning. Danault is not nothing. He is a decent forward often asked to play above his ideal role due to our lack of centre depth. Not his fault. Give the kid a little credit. 4pt night; crucial goals, c’mon.

9 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Whoa, the cucumber is extra bitter this morning. Danault is not nothing. He is a decent forward often asked to play above his ideal role due to our lack of centre depth. Not his fault. Give the kid a little credit. 4pt night; crucial goals, c’mon.

I'm just saying he's a bottom 6 forward without Patches. With Patches, he mutates into a more offensively productive player than that.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like Rangers and Habs are quite similar at the moment.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jan-Levine/Game-12-MTL-5-NYR-4-Same-mistakes-on-display-again-in-loss-Saturday/89/88492

But, at least the NY GM can point to Sather trading away their 2013, 14, 15 & 2016 1st round picks as leaving him with issues moving forward.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm just saying he's a bottom 6 forward without Patches. With Patches, he mutates into a more offensively productive player than that.

I agree and don't even think his chemistry with Pacioretty itself is that great. A little bit overrated. 

Guest Stogey24
10 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I agree and don't even think his chemistry with Pacioretty itself is that great. A little bit overrated. 

It's not even chemistry. Danuault just works his nuts off out there. 

Pacioretty didn't play bad, but it seemed like he was fighting the puck a bit 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Totally agree, but Chucky has to win that spot. Now that they seem to have turned the corner, I want them to stick to the current plan and continue pushing him,

It was an exhiting game, like an old Whalers/Canadiens game. Let's hoe Price continues to improve back to what we expect from him.

Being tied for the team lead in goals, despite getting awful icetime isn't "winning a spot"

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It does look like Danault is the new Desharnais: good with Patches, offensively useless without him. So I tend to disagree with Commandant that he's a legit top-6er; rather he is a top-6 C when paired with Pacioretty. Otherwise he's a big hunk of nothin'. But, chemistry is chemistry - I'll take it.

And I agree with Stogey that the treatment of Galy is moving beyond reason. Something is going on there beyond what we can see on the ice. When a guy who lacks confidence starts scoring you usually let him build on that momentum rather than keep him under 10 minutes of ice and stuck on the 4th line. CJ really seems to want him as a 4th liner, period.

Danault's 5v5 points/60 was identical last season playing with or without Pacioretty. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Being tied for the team lead in goals, despite getting awful icetime isn't "winning a spot"

14:52/gm, 3rd most of forwards on the PP is awful? Tied for team lead in goals...are 6 of them tied! Haha, that is a nice low bar there.

You and I are both only 3 goals behind the team lead. 

10 hours ago, DON said:

14:52/gm, 3rd most of forwards on the PP is awful? Tied for team lead in goals...are 6 of them tied! Haha, that is a nice low bar there.

You and I are both only 3 goals behind the team lead. 

14:52/gm is not how top forwards around the NHL are used.   You know that full well, so why post about it?

If every forward on a team was given equal icetime... they would get 15 minutes in a regulation game.  We know that great players get more ice time.  So a good player should be above the 15 minute average and a bottom liner below it.  Shows you how Julien is treating him if he's below the average (and thats with 2 OT games to add in some extra minutes in our first 11 too).

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
8 hours ago, Commandant said:

14:52/gm is not how top forwards around the NHL are used.   You know that full well, so why post about it?

If every forward on a team was given equal icetime... they would get 15 minutes in a regulation game.  We know that great players get more ice time.  So a good player should be above the 15 minute average and a bottom liner below it.  Shows you how Julien is treating him if he's below the average (and thats with 2 OT games to add in some extra minutes in our first 11 too).

10min in ice time, after scoring a goal is unacceptable. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Great players get more icetime eh. Not applicable as he is no Filip Forsberg, but thanks for that nugget.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 8:07 PM, dlbalr said:

On a side note, give Kim Richardson (the anthem singer tonight) the full-time contract right now.  That was the best version of the anthem the Habs have had in years.

I agree.

Kim Rachardson is what we call a professional singer, she sings pretty much anything like rock, pop, disco, house, R&B, funk, gospel, jazz. 

She's not a superstar, doesn't really play on radio and such, but is always racking contracts to share the scene with big names such as Celine Dion, Steevie Wonder, Barry White.

She sang for the Queen and Nelson Mandela.

Features on many radio and tv commercials, performs high-level backvocals in different events (tv shows, award cérémonies, etc).

She even won some Juno's back in the days !!!

But she's a total unknown. 
Life is weird.  

On 10/29/2017 at 1:42 PM, Commandant said:

He is getting there :)