Reway on release waivers

dlbalr

And this is why MB has no clue what's really going on here in this organization. He has 8.5mil in cap space and can't make a trade why he wonders???? Because we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line prospects in our system , because we don't know how to develop players the Wright way. We have zero blue chip prospects and zero NHL ready players. That cap space will only be good on July 1st.  Max, gally and Alex are all under achieving which makes them hard to even think about trading. If he doesn't wake up and fix the development issue,  His only option will be to do the unthinkable and look at trading Price. 

6 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

And this is why MB has no clue what's really going on here in this organization. He has 8.5mil in cap space and can't make a trade why he wonders???? Because we have a bunch of 3rd and 4th line prospects in our system , because we don't know how to develop players the Wright way. We have zero blue chip prospects and zero NHL ready players. That cap space will only be good on July 1st.  Max, gally and Alex are all under achieving which makes them hard to even think about trading. If he doesn't wake up and fix the development issue,  His only option will be to do the unthinkable and look at trading Price. 

Not sure what you expect MB to do about a young kid getting a serious illness...

12 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

5 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Not sure what you expect MB to do about a young kid getting a serious illness...

Ya, Reway's release sucks and is par for the course this season, but it's nobody's fault that this happened... I really can't find a way to blame Bergevin for myocarditis.

18 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

So he could potentially sign with another nhl team? 

He could.  The likelier scenario is that if another team wants him, they'll just claim him off the release waivers (and that has happened once before, Niko Hovinen in Edmonton back in 2013 - I have no idea why I remember that).  Honestly, I don't think he'd want to be claimed (or sign with another NHL team) as his preference appears to be going back overseas.

1 hour ago, habsFan1986 said:

Wrong thread

Guest Stogey24
19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He could.  The likelier scenario is that if another team wants him, they'll just claim him off the release waivers (and that has happened once before, Niko Hovinen in Edmonton back in 2013 - I have no idea why I remember that).  Honestly, I don't think he'd want to be claimed (or sign with another NHL team) as his preference appears to be going back overseas.

Brutal 

14 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Brutal 

If there was any indication that Reway wanted to try to come back next season, the Habs could have loaned him to a team overseas and kept him in the organization.  The fact they've chosen not to do so here suggests that Reway probably has no intention of playing in North America anytime soon.

2 hours ago, habsFan1986 said:

How does this have anything to do with MB?

I'm more than willing to criticize MB, but Martin Reway had an infection that led to an enlarged heart. He took a year off hockey.  Now he is not capable of playing at the same level as before. 

What was Bergevin supposed to do here?

• Upvote 1

I wish him good health and hope he is able to play high level hockey in the future. Such a shame to see a young persons dreams dashed by illness. 

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 3:36 PM, dlbalr said:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't take long for Reway to resurface as he signed with HC Slovan Bratislava in the KHL yesterday.  Clearly, he wasn't asking for his release for health reasons - he just didn't want to play in the minors anymore.