HABS @ SENATORS, OCT 30

illWill

I'm going under on Pageau.

I know hate is a strong word but I don't like the Sens. I expect things to get a little heated, especially with Phaneuf on the other side.

4-3 Habs... seems to be a common type

of score between these two teams.

Although now I've seen that the goaltending matchup is Montoya/Anderson and I'll reserve commenting on that.

Guest Stogey24

Hudon!

As C.C has said, Mccarron definetly brings something different to this team. He just made Phaneuf look like a child 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Hudon!

As C.C has said, Mccarron definetly brings something different to this team. He just made Phaneuf look like a child

It's nice to see Hudon finally get rewarded.  He has had a lot of chances with nothing to show for it before tonight.  (He got a bit of luck on the non-icing call on his second as well...)

As for McCarron, he may have dropped Phaneuf but what a ridiculously dumb move to start that whole thing.  He was certainly deserving of the extra penalty. 

Interesting to see Petry on his off-side with Weber while Mete drops down.  Petry on the left typically hasn't worked so that will be worth watching for.

Those two goals at the end are huge.  Not only should that deflate Ottawa a bit, it also gives Montoya a bit more of a cushion as he's fighting the puck tonight.

Just now, Habsfan said:

Maybe NOW they'll move Chucky off the 4th line?

I'll play devils' advocate here for fun.  While Galchenyuk is playing well enough to move up, has anyone really done anything to move down?

Byron scored last game and has been pretty consistent.

Pacioretty has goals in back-to-back games and is coming around.

Hudon has been generating a lot of chances and just scored twice.

Those are the other three left wingers and none of them really deserve to be dropped down so if Julien wants to keep Galchenyuk on the left wing, he may keep him where he is for the time being.  (Now if they want to try him on the right side, swapping him and Shaw could have some merit...)

Craig Anderson really isn't a fan of the Habs right about now:

Last preseason game: 6 goals on 30 shots in 43:52 of ice time.

Tonight: 6 goals on 15 shots in 40:00 of ice time.

That works out to an 8.59 GAA and a .733 SV%.

(To be fair, he also had a 25-save shutout against Montreal in the preseason.  That changes the numbers to a 5.00 GAA and a .829 SV% which still isn't pretty.)

Guest Stogey24

Really, really good game.

Can I just say without bringing down a really solid win, Karl Alzner was such an unnecessary signing. Huge waste of money, imo