HABS @ SENATORS, OCT 30

illWill

Great, and I miss this one??? Grrrrr

You could kinda see the Big Win brewing over the past while. Here it is, and I'm glad it happened against those slimeball scumbags the Senators :B)

I repeat I'm not a Julien fan but it seems to be one of those situations once again where if Galchenyuk succeeds, it's despite the coach and if he does nothing, the coach should have done more for him.

Galchenyuk's been doing fine regardless of his minutes. There's no story here. 

• Upvote 1

I don't buy that its no story.  He has been playing much better lately and the reward is less icetime, despite the fact the score would indicate it was a time when a player who is supposedly weak defensively can be given some rope due to the score. 

And yet the comments that keep getting overlooked are those such as "he's been playing better" or "he keeps scoring". I'm not saying it's my opinion, but the possibility that the tough love approach has worked with him is real. Everyone says he needs to be coddled and well, apparently not. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with the sentiment that he deserves more. I get he had a rough start this year but he seems to have shaken that off for multiple outings in a row now. 

He is producing and has been playing well for some time now, its about time he re-enters the top 6. I'd love to see him swap with Byron for a few games and give him a real look.

6 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

And yet the comments that keep getting overlooked are those such as "he's been playing better" or "he keeps scoring". I'm not saying it's my opinion, but the possibility that the tough love approach has worked with him is real. Everyone says he needs to be coddled and well, apparently not. 

What's being forgotten here is that he produced quite nicely for years under Therrien without being used as Julien is using him. So the rationale that 'this is the only way to get him to produce' is transparently false. 

Now IF he develops into a more defensively rounded player as a result of this treatment, then CJ has an argument. Otherwise this is just him over-coaching and treating a talented player as a 'problem' to be managed rather than an asset who can help a punchless team score some goals.

Guest Stogey24
6 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He could be doing more is the point. 

Guest Stogey24
7 hours ago, Commandant said:

In a blowout game, where he scored again, Galchenyuk played 10:43

He would have been around 7min if that was a close game. Julien actually started playing him late in the third, when the game was out of reach 

With 2 pt game, Plekanec ties Tremblay with 584 points for 15th on Hablist

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

I'd love to see him swap with Byron for a few games and give him a real look.

Why would Byron be swapped? He dosent play any on the PP, is dangerous on the PK and already plays fewer minutes than Galchenyuk, while being more productive offensively with no PP time.

So you want to give Byron 3 or 4 minutes on the PP every game with no decrease in icetime, he likely would go for that. But then you know the dead horse beating posters would lose it if Galchenyuk then didn't play PP.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Giving him more ice time isnt about coddling.

Its about taking advantage of an offensive player who is playing well and giving him more ice time and better players than Mccarron and Mitchell.

8 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I don't mind chucky with big Mac. Macaroon has played well lately. It's Mitchell and the total ice time that I question. He has earned more ice time. 

McCarron is playing better, but still doesnt get points.  The bar on playing better is low.  Doesnt change the fact hes a guy who has 7 points in 50+ nhl games.  Hes not an offensive guy and its unlikely he ever will be.  Give galchenyuk some players he can work with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DON said:

With 2 pt game, Plekanec ties Tremblay with 584 points for 15th on Hablist

Why would Byron be swapped? He dosent play any on the PP, is dangerous on the PK and already plays fewer minutes than Galchenyuk, while being more productive offensively with no PP time.

So you want to give Byron 3 or 4 minutes on the PP every game with no decrease in icetime, he likely would go for that. But then you know the dead horse beating posters would lose it if Galchenyuk then didn't play PP.

Byron is playing considerably more minutes since the lines were changed and galchenyuk put on the fourth.

That said.  Yes.  Byron is scoring so i wouldnt break up that line.

But chuck should get some minutes in shaws place... or somewhere else up thw lineup.

4 hours ago, illWill said:

1yjpcs.jpg

Solid meme.

I haven't been able to watch the last 2 games, so not much to comment on...

But I did think Gallagher's goal was the best Gallagher goal of all Gallagher-style goals.

18 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The Rangers have a lot of scouts/assistant GMs at this game - Jim Schoenfeld, Gilles Leger, Glen Sather, and Doug Risebrough.

A few reporters came up with this as well today, saying that Glen Sather rarely attends other teams' games.

The name of Galchenyuk is mentionned a lot.

Guest Stogey24
19 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

A few reporters came up with this as well today, saying that Glen Sather rarely attends other teams' games.

The name of Galchenyuk is mentionned a lot.

New York has literally nothing we should  want. 

Guest Stogey24
27 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Oh man, imagine Galchenyuk for Kreider. Woof. 

That's the rumour. Or zucarrello. 

6 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

He could be doing more is the point. 

I thought was dumb to change lineup when are winning?

Maybe Galchenyuk plays best with limited shifts?

And how bout that pass from Benn, you musta liked that one.:youpi: