Nov. 3/4, Crunch vs Rocket

dlbalr

After a tough loss against the Marlies on Wednesday night, the Rocket (5-4-2) will look to get back into the win column as they host the Crunch (3-5-2) for a pair of games.

324_57.jpg

(Lines based on previous game +/- listing plus some guesses.)

Bournival - Lynch - Conacher

Erne - Peca - Akeson

Gallant - Stephens - Cirelli

Yan - Volkov - Joseph

Walcott - McBain

Masin - Thomas

Bodie - Cernak

Leighton

415.jpg

Carr - Froese - Baun

Audette - Holland - Boucher
Deslauriers - Petti - Gregoire

Broll - Ebbing - Veilleux

Taormina - Lernout
Jerabek - Parisi

Gelinas - Leblanc

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7:30 PM EST on Friday and 3 PM EST on Saturday.  91.9 Sports has the coverage in French.  Friday's game should be on TSN 690 while Saturday's game will be televised on RDS.

With Lindgren on his way to Winnipeg to meet up with the Habs, Fucale gets the start tonight.  Karel St-Laurent has been signed to an ATO to dress as the backup.  (I imagine McNiven will be recalled for Saturday afternoon's game.)

Syracuse tied it up in the 3rd before Audette gave Laval the lead again.  That lead lasted about as long as it takes to read this sentence as Mathieu Joseph scored his second of the game (and of the season) basically right off the ensuing faceoff (just five seconds between goals).

No lineup changes today so Bourque once again is a healthy scratch.  I thought they may have given McNiven the start (he was recalled yesterday) given the short turnaround and the barrage of shots Fucale faced on Friday night.  Remember, this one is televised on RDS starting at 3 PM EST.

The lines look a little different though:

image.jpeg

Scoreless after 1.  Connor Ingram could have had a nap in Syracuse's net for most of the period as Laval managed all of two shots. 

Although he's playing as a forward today, Nicolas Deslauriers took a shift as a defenceman shorthanded in that period.  He has done that a few times since the game they used him on the third pairing.  (It's probably out of necessity since Taormina and Gelinas are lousy in their own end...)

An ugly start to the 2nd for Laval - on the power play, Holland blew a tire while trying to receive a pass in the defensive zone.  That allowed Cory Conacher to get a scoring chance and then Fucale tripped Conacher as he chased down the puck.

Just now, DON said:

Ahhh, you are watching game. How has Jerabek looked?

I'm half watching as I'm on shift at PHR so I can't watch too closely.  I saw him rush the puck once and I've heard his name a few times but not much else.

Gregoire missed an open net on a wraparound but set up Holland seconds later to give Laval the lead once again.

Holland, Carr, and Holland again (EN) scored in the 3rd as Laval won 5-2.  :1banana:

https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1017275

Jerabek had a rough 3rd period though.  He took an interference penalty and then seconds after getting out of the box, got called for delay of game.  Two minutes after getting out of the box, he had a holding penalty.  Not a game to remember for him in the end...