Nov. 7, Golden Knights vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

It's a matchup that has been 100 years in the making.  After the Golden Knights equalled Montreal's century-old record for the fastest team to reach nine wins in their inaugural season over the weekend (at least they beat Ottawa to do so), the Habs will be out for revenge.  (That may sound like artificial hype but it sounds better than saying that Montreal is facing an expansion team that will either start a below-average minor league goalie or a guy picked in the seventh round less than five months ago that has been traded already...)

Vegas.jpg

Jonathan Marchessault - William Karlsson - Reilly Smith

David Perron - Erik Haula - James Neal

Oscar Lindberg - Cody Eakin - Alex Tuch

William Carrier - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Tomas Nosek

Nate Schmidt - Luca Sbisa

Brayden McNabb - Deryk Engelland

Colin Miller - Brad Hunt

Maxime Lagace

image.jpeg

Artturi Lehkonen - Jonathan Drouin - Alex Galchenyuk
Max Pacioretty - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Charles Hudon (GTD) - Michael McCarron - Torrey Mitchell

Victor Mete - Shea Weber
Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry
Joe Morrow - Jordie Benn

Charlie Lindgren

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Davehab said:

Wow our team looks terrible on paper. 

It's the defense that needs tuning. Need someone consistent to play with weber. 

I hold judgment on the direction this team is heading, but if Bergevin still feels this team can go for it this year, Ekman-Larson would look damn good go on the top pair. That's more of a dream than anything though 

28 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

It's the defense that needs tuning. Need someone consistent to play with weber. 

I hold judgment on the direction this team is heading, but if Bergevin still feels this team can go for it this year, Ekman-Larson would look damn good go on the top pair. That's more of a dream than anything though 

EKL would cost a lotand would become our top Dman.  Hell he is worth more than Weber and I’d take him over Weber, but no GM in their right mind would trade a young puck mover for Weber, unless we were throwing in galchenyuk or something like that.... oh wait, never mind?

If we're getting Ekmann Larsson, then we better not be sending Weber the other way even if the argument was that he's better.

I doubt there's much of a reason Phoenix would

do that deal either without myself having looked at their respective contracts.

:gohabsgo:

I'm looking forward to this one. I'll throw out a 4 or 5 to 2 win suggestion for the Habs. Although with Lindgren in net.... we might do better :o

4 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Bergevin:  It’s all your fault Dave.

:lol:

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

EKL would cost a lotand would become our top Dman.  Hell he is worth more than Weber and I’d take him over Weber, but no GM in their right mind would trade a young puck mover for Weber, unless we were throwing in galchenyuk or something like that.... oh wait, never mind?

:lol::lol::lol:

Shea Theodore will be a healthy scratch for Vegas so Brad Hunt is in.  Brendan Leipsic will also sit so William Carrier will play.  Max Lagace gets the start so the Habs will face the career minor leaguer instead of the seventh round junior guy.

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

A disappointing end to the period with Bellemare scoring.  It was a nice individual move but that was a stoppable shot.  The Habs are playing very well - if they keep that up, they'll be fine.

Nice to see this team play quality hockey 

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, Commandant said:

What has he done wrong tonight. 

They are getting no chances against him. 

He can't even make a pass. Pretty sure dump and chase are his two middle names 

He wasn't brought in for his offence. 

There is still value to a defenceman who is a shot suppressor. 

Whether he is a consistent shot suppressor, that is debatable.  But tonight, the Habs are giving up very little in terms of shots/chances.  Tonight, he's done his job. The whole team has with the exception of one poor play by Petry (which he later made up for).