McCarron sent down, Froese brought up

Trizzak

This sounds like a short term injury to drouin.

Froese is a better bet for top 6 c duty.

If it was long term and not short... they would have ir'd drouin and called up froese without touching mccarron.

Also mccarron is useless

Guest Stogey24

Mccarron progressed last year, now looks terrible this year. I don't get it

I'm almost positive it's something with Drouin's hand or fingers. So hopefully nothing too bad 

Edited by Stogey24

Guest Stogey24

I never understood why they took De La rose right after Mccarron. You'd think that when drafting someone in the first round, with a low offensive potential, that you'd go for a higher ceiling player. 

2014 draft is looking like a bust, besides from the god send of Lehkonen. 

6 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I never understood why they took De La rose right after Mccarron. You'd think that when drafting someone in the first round, with a low offensive potential, that you'd go for a higher ceiling player. 

But don’t forget how important it is to draft big character guys that will get us to through the playoffs.  Don’t you know, skill and skates into is over-rated?

17 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

But Scherbak, Lernout and Jake Evans (maybe even Audette, but very long shot) all have potential and was no Lehkonen drafted in 2014.

35 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I think you are looking at 2013... not 14 if you are talking mccarron and delarose.

The average nhl team gets 1 top 6 fwd or top 4d or number 1 goalie per draft.  They get an average of 1.8 nhl players per draft.

We got lehkonen who looks like the top 6... and de la rose as depth.  That draft is not a bust.

Neither is 2012 where we got chuck and hudon.

2014 has scherbak, lernout, and evans as legit prospects.

After a dry spell from 2018 to 2011 where we really only got gallagher and beaulieu... things are trending back up in drafting. 

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

If the Habs want more speed, they picked the right guy to bring up.  (He typically doesn't bring anything more than that in the NHL but he won't be a liability on a fourth line.)

Im thinking he might get a game or two with chuck/lehkonen

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think you are looking at 2013... not 14 if you are talking mccarron and delarose.

The average nhl team gets 1 top 6 fwd or top 4d or number 1 goalie per draft.  They get an average of 1.8 nhl players per draft.

We got lehkonen who looks like the top 6... and de la rose as depth.  That draft is not a bust.

After a dry spell from 2018 to 2011 where we really only got gallagher and beaulieu... things are trending back up in drafting. 

Obviously you mean 2008-11.

According to Timmins 2008 would of taken Carlson; 2009 Krieder, but Mgmt had other ideas. And still think McCarron and Tinordi were taken mostly for their size and not skill, which you might do in later rounds but not the 1st.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Im thinking he might get a game or two with chuck/lehkonen

It's a possibility but if they're okay with keeping Galchenyuk at centre for the short-term (like they did in the 3rd yesterday) if Drouin does miss time, they'll just keep Byron on that line, shift Hudon off the fourth and slot in Froese (or de la Rose) on the fourth.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It's a possibility but if they're okay with keeping Galchenyuk at centre for the short-term (like they did in the 3rd yesterday) if Drouin does miss time, they'll just keep Byron on that line, shift Hudon off the fourth and slot in Froese (or de la Rose) on the fourth.

Julien's post game comments indicated they did Chuck at centre out of necessity and don't want to do it much. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Ya, sorry I meant 2013.

1 first rounder, 3 second rounders, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, and 1 sixth. I just figured more should come of that