Nov. 9, Wild vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

8 minutes ago, sim.on said:

I don't think Mete was on the ice for the shorty. Petry was the D man on at the time.

I know.  But Mete was part of the clusterf**ck that preceded that shortie in the first half of the powerplay, where we couldn't get a handle on the puck in the Minny end.  Hudon's taking forever to get a shot off was a crap play in that earlier sequence also.

Screwed over for 2 goals tonight.  It would be nice if our owner  called out the league on this BS, since this team always gets the shaft on any replay...but we all know he'll say nothing because he's a bitch.

Probably the worst officiated game I've witnessed in awhile and I try to avoid complaining about the refs. 

Can’t believe that the Habs second goal by Hudon was overturned. What BS this goalie interference crap has become. 

12 hours ago, sbhatt said:

The league needs to get some balls and not be afraid to overturn the call on the ice even when it's close, when it's clearly close BUT a good goal.  The replay clearly showed that Alzner hit the puck with his stick when it was 2 inches or so below the damn crossbar.

2 inches eh, just joking I assume.

What I find stupid is that the NHL does everything in its power to increase the number of goals scored.

But somehow, the NHL let its refs call "no-goal" on close calls on the ice.

On such close calls, I would suggest to ALWAYS call a goal on the ice and THEN, have a clear replay that will reverse the call. Not the opposite.

49 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Yeah that was brutal.

The refs were terrible last night.

Not really, in real time it looked like he was tripped...brutal is overkill, as are missed calls in all sports.

If had of overturned both the goals, am sure Minni would be saying the exact same. If are complaints about reffing is always the losers who bring it up.

It was same script as most Hab games this year, they outplay and outshot opponent but cant actually score.

Galchenyuk had 8 shots and just couldn't bury one.

Guest Stogey24
56 minutes ago, DON said:

Not really, in real time it looked like he was tripped...brutal is overkill, as are missed calls in all sports.

If had of overturned both the goals, am sure Minni would be saying the exact same. If are complaints about reffing is always the losers who bring it up.

It was same script as most Hab games this year, they outplay and outshot opponent but cant actually score.

Galchenyuk had 8 shots and just couldn't bury one.

That Penalty was a joke. I have no idea how you can agree with that being an ok call 

47 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

That Penalty was a joke. I have no idea how you can agree with that being an ok call 

A blown call, happens every game, move on. Again, it was lack of scoring, couple dozen shots hitting Dubnyk right in the in logo and Petry amateur mistake costly again was more of same.

I could tell that Alzner's stick was under the crossbar when it happened, I was actually surprised how close it was. There were a few angles they showed on the replay that definitely should have overturned the call. I think it was deceiving to the refs because the stick blade was higher than the crossbar, but the point of contact was lower. 

I think that you could argue Hudon interfered initially with Dubnyk, but there was enough time between that and the when the puck went in that it wasn't an issue. 

Habs got screwed

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I also don't see two disallowed goal calls in every game.  Both of which should have been goals, IMO. 

From the replays they showed on Alzner's tip-in not, sure how you could tell one way or other.

The other was seen much different by the refs, to reverse their own call and I doubt you know what direction the owner's have given the ref's this year on those plays. 

Tough luck is all it was.

41 shots and 3 PPs "should" of resulted in more than zero goals as well, but they just lack the firepower up front.