November 11th: Sabres @ Habs

Commandant

Drouin says he will play tonight.   No word on Weber yet, but he was a full participant at the morning skate. 

EVANDER KANE JACK EICHEL JASON POMINVILLE
BENOIT POULIOT RYAN O'REILLY KYLE OKPOSO
NICHOLAS BAPTISTE SAM REINHART SETH GRIFFITH
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS JOHAN LARSSON JORDAN NOLAN

MARCO SCANDELLA JUSTIN FALK
JAKE MCCABE TAYLOR FEDUN
NATHAN BEAULIEU VICTOR ANTIPIN

Chad Johnson

Robin Lehner

@

Pacioretty - Danault- Shaw
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Lehkonen
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - de la Rose  - Froese

Benn - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Morrow 

Lindgren
Fucale

Kind of a scrappy period. I thought BUF was somewhat the better team over 20 minutes, and the score reflected that. Alzner let O'Byrne just stand there on the goal, which is too bad. Good to see Galy and Drouin flying, though.

When the Habs have got possession in Buffalo's end, they've been able to get the cycle game going and have looked pretty good at those times.  They just aren't doing a great job of getting control established in that zone and they look scrambly in their own end.

32 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

If this is Lindgren, you trade Carey Price.

Don't forget, Mike Condon had a really nice run early to start his career as well before things went back to normal.  That's bound to happen to Lindgren here as the league gets more of a book on him.  Lindgren's not ready to become the undisputed starter for the Habs yet or anytime soon.

33 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Lehkonen hasn't been good enough offensively 

To the first part, I think he would benefit from being placed on a lower line... maybe switch Gallagher and Lehkonen?

To the second part, players and scouts haven't had a chance to find holes in Lindgren's game yet. He hasn't even played 10 games in the NHL yet. Let's calm our collective #### on trading Carey Price for a bit, no?

Ha ha, let's not trade Carey Price just yet...:lol:

The better team lost tonight. A listless, half-assed effort redeemed only by excellent netminding and a truly spectacular display of individual skill by the captain on the GWG.

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Lehkonen hasn't been good enough offensively 

It is 7 games.  You've got a long way to go before he's an established number 1... like at least 2-3 years. 

Guest Stogey24

23 year old Murray took over the starting position in Pitt. How'd that turn out?

A trade is not going to happen this year, but if Lindgren manages to get into 30 games and plays as consistent as we've seen.  I honestly think there's decisions to be made in the off season. 

In a cap world, those are the type of moves that win you a cup. You'd have to have a giant set of balls to pull it off and it' highly unlikely to happen, but I mean the return for Price would be eye popping. 

Like I said, it was only a matter of time before this kid came knocking. You guys are right about it being too early to even talk about any sort of goalie trade, but this is a great thing for Montreal.