GDT Toronto @ Montreal, 7:00 pm HNIC

Commandant

Guest Stogey24

I've been waiting for a "Charlie" chant from the crowd. 

Sorry, not to steal your thread....

72GF - 63GA - +9 Goal Differential 50GF - 68GA - -18
22.7% 6th overall Power Play 15.3% - 26th overall
81.4% - 14th overall Penalty Kill 74.6% - 28th overall
Auston Matthews - 10 Most Goals Brendan Gallagher - 8
Morgan Rielly - 14 Most Assists Jonathan Drouin - 10
Auston Matthews - 19 Most Points Weber, Drouin, Gallagher - 13
Matt Martin - 19 Most PM Andrew Shaw - 22
Nikita Zaitsev - 23:01/G TOI Leader Shea Weber - 26:22/G
Frederik Andersen - .909sv% Top Goalie Charlie Lindgren - .938sv%

Go Habs Go!! Tonight we will both dominate and destroy the Leafs who's fan will say it was because Matthews was out. 7-2 Habs is what I predict. It can't all go wrong every night and we are due for a payout. (warning, I am 1 for 2 on these predictions this year and last time I called for a 4-0 win we lost by that score, just saying....)

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Toronto Maple Leafs Fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Leafs Fans too. No one really knew what a Maple Leaf was, but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen who has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Leafs fan." Then, asks the teacher, what are you? "Why, I'm a proud Habs fan," boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a rebel.

"Well, my mom and dad are both Habs fans, so I'm a Habs fan too." The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I'd be a Leafs Fan."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Terrible penalty by Benn.. 

That whole sequence was bad.  Drouin had a great shooting angle in the slot, chose to pass to Pacioretty, who skated himself out of a shooting angle.  They eventually got a point shot from Weber before the penalty but that was pretty poor execution all around.

Let me see. Outshoot opponent by wide margin, fail to score. Check.

Other team gradually adjusts and scores, because it has actual talent. Check.

Basically the 2017-18 season in a nutshell so far. The only exception tonight is that Weber has had a dubious game by his standards.

Jeez...Kypreos on TV asserting that Molson met with Bergevin to agree that it might be time for "major changes."

The thought of that blithering IDIOT overseeing the dismantling of the core is truly dismaying. The "major change" that needs to happen is to get rid of the clown who mismanaged us into this situation in the first place.