GDT Toronto @ Montreal, 7:00 pm HNIC

Commandant

This game was the last straw...I had to change my 'Favorite Hab' in my profile, because they are all such disappointments this season.  After much thought, I went with the equipment manager.  They may stink it up on the ice damn near every game, but their jerseys always look crisp and clean, helmet/skate repairs on the bench seem to be taken care of quickly, ect.  So cheers to you, equipment manager...you're my new fave.

33 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Yikes.. 4-0

Ugly play by Alzner

Alzner had some bad moments in this one but I put that goal on Mete more than Alzner.  He chased the guy Plekanec was covering into the corner.  That created the mini 2-on-1 with Bozak who was wide open to make the touch pass (that wound up bouncing off Alzner's skate).  I'd call that more bad luck than a bad play by Alzner on that particular goal.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This game was the last straw...I had to change my 'Favorite Hab' in my profile, because they are all such disappointments this season.  After much thought, I went with the equipment manager.  They may stink it up on the ice damn near every game, but their jerseys always look crisp and clean, helmet/skate repairs on the bench seem to be taken care of quickly, ect.  So cheers to you, equipment manager...you're my new fave.

Hahahaha... Leafs don't get fans like you! Leadership!

1 minute ago, Toronthab said:

So what was Cherry yacking about . us being 5 points out and .. doing it.. what did he mean?

I hated what he said about Bergevin going nowhere because he has a 4 year contract!

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

True...I can enjoy watching other teams play when it's a good game.

Ya.. and we won't watch games because they're the Habs! We demand some hockey!

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

You picked well - Pierre Gervais is very well-respected around the league and has been with the team for a very long time.  https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/team/pierre-gervais

• Upvote 1

Just now, sbhatt said:

I hated what he said about Bergevin going nowhere because he has a 4 year contract!

Maybe we could take out a contract...//...wait...no .. I didn't say that! 

• Like 1

Just now, sbhatt said:

Comedy is all we have to amuse ourselves when the team is playing this badly.

My guess is ..50 or 60 years from now we don't think about it more than two, three times per day!

14 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Ha ha, I had to change my icon...the other one was insufficiently contemptuous

You know something I really don't  get in modern hockey...? Anthems. National anthems. These aren't national contests. That 12 game season across the continent stuff is over. Diamond is cute however. 

Where is the leadership and character that Bergevin supposedly brought in. 

####ing Character. 

Outplay a team for 30 minutes, give up the first goal... what does a team with character do?  Gets right back after it and pushes to tie.  What does this team do? Fold up like a cheap suitcase. 

After 40 minutes down 2-0 when we really haven't played badly... a team with character regroups in the room and comes out flying for the third.  This team ####ing collapses.  Character my ass. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I changed mine to Vladimir Putin awhile ago.  If only I could arrange to make a guy 'accidentally fall out of a window when drunk' the way those critical Russian journalists do so often.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hahahaha.. a new low!? I like it!:B)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Where is the leadership and character that Bergevin supposedly brought in. 

####ing Character. 

Outplay a team for 30 minutes, give up the first goal... what does a team with character do?  Gets right back after it and pushes to tie.  What does this team do? Fold up like a cheap suitcase. 

After 40 minutes down 2-0 when we really haven't played badly... a team with character regroups in the room and comes out flying for the third.  This team ####ing collapses.  Character my ass. 

You know who had character? PK f**king Subban, that's who. And that's why they got rid of him - the cowardly, plodding snowflakes who run the team couldn't handle the threat to their precious egos.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I changed mine to Vladimir Putin awhile ago.  If only I could arrange to make a guy 'accidentally fall out of a window when drunk' the way those critical Russian journalists do so often.

You do win the award for Most Unnerving Icon. But I like the way you think, what with the bloodthirsty violence and all ^_^

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You know who had character? PK f**king Subban, that's who. And that's why they got rid of him - the cowardly, plodding snowflakes who run the team couldn't handle the threat to their precious egos.

That... and I'm not a competent analyst by any means.... is what I think unplugged the team.  I don't even know if it was a good trade or not. We lost a bit of our soul. With PK.. we were the Habs. And I think Markov re-signs. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You do win the award for Most Unnerving Icon. But I like the way you think, what with the bloodthirsty violence and all ^_^

Hahahaha! Well and truly said!:wub:

10 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

That... and I'm not a competent analyst by any means.... is what I think unplugged the team.  I don't even know if it was a good trade or not. We lost a bit of our soul. With PK.. we were the Habs. And I think Markov re-signs. 

Apart from the first month where Weber went on a crazy and unsustainable scoring tear, this team's record has been absolutely execrable since trading Subban.  And that's WITH Price in the lineup. Results speak for themselves.

We are about to play against Dallas (Radulov) and Nashville (Subban).  If both teams kick our asses (likely), and both guys figure prominently on the scoresheet....might that be enough to finally get Bergevin fired?