GDT Toronto @ Montreal, 7:00 pm HNIC

Commandant

I can't believe this guy has close to 9mil in cap space and can't pull off a trade. You know what that tells me....... No one wants our prospects , because they're  no good. You know what else it tells me........ We have no clue on how development works. I have been a habs fan since 86, this is the worst I have seen it. It just seems like these guys just done care.

I hate to rip my habs but its getting hard to watch these games and not get mad.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

We are about to play against Dallas (Radulov) and Nashville (Subban).  If both teams kick our asses (likely), and both guys figure prominently on the scoresheet....might that be enough to finally get Bergevin fired? 

I'm at the point where I want to see the team absolutely massacred by those guys. Just to make it impossible NOT to fire that idiot.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

We are about to play against Dallas (Radulov) and Nashville (Subban).  If both teams kick our asses (likely), and both guys figure prominently on the scoresheet....might that be enough to finally get Bergevin fired? 

Sadly I don't think he is going anywhere as long as molson is running the team

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Apart from the first month where Weber went on a crazy and unsustainable scoring tear, this team's record has been absolutely execrable since trading Subban.  And that's WITH Price in the lineup. Results speak for themselves.

We had some personality.

1 minute ago, habsFan1986 said:

Sadly I don't think he is going anywhere as long as molson is running the team

So Molson needs to be flung from his box too?  Damnit...now I REALLY wish that I had Putin-esque power!!!

3 minutes ago, habsFan1986 said:

I can't believe this guy has close to 9mil in cap space and can't pull off a trade. You know what that tells me....... No one wants our prospects , because they're  no good. You know what else it tells me........ We have no clue on how development works. I have been a habs fan since 86, this is the worst I have seen it. It just seems like these guys just done care.

I hate to rip my habs but its getting hard to watch these games and not get mad.

Well, the guys are doing what they can, but we need guys who can do that at a higher level. I'm not mad at them. I'm just frustrated with a team I take pride in. Now all I have is my good looks and incredible intellect..:huh:

Teams with character regroup after giving up a goal. 

This one ####ing gives up goals in bunches, over and over and over again.  All season, how many times do teams get 2, 3, quick goals?

Thats no ####ing character.

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

So Molson needs to be flung from his box too?  Damnit...now I REALLY wish that I had Putin-esque power!!!

Shootin' Putin".

Just now, Commandant said:

This one ####ing gives up goals in bunches, over and over and over again.  All season, how many times do teams get 2, 3, quick goals?

We're habs fans.This doesn't habben to us!

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'm sick of ####ing character.  Get talent. 

The funny thing is, for all his character talk and obsessing over the 3rd/4th line type players....we're soft as mush and have less character than most teams in the league. 

AND we have no talent.

Just now, sbhatt said:

When he had that political enemy whacked on that pedestrian bridge that's right across from the Kremlin....talk about style points!

I'm usually reading in philosophy and non fiction stuff. .. but my brother recommended the book about that business man whose buddy was killed and who made it his purpose to get the west to fight back. Quite a read.. Red.. something. 

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

This core is a lost cause, at least with this GM at the helm.

Big moves probably do need to be made, but he shouldn't be the one doing them.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The funny thing is, for all his character talk and obsessing over the 3rd/4th line type players....we're soft as mush and have less character than most teams in the league. 

AND we have no talent.

Yep. An incredible testament to the effects of incompetent management.

Moves need to be made and Bergevin shouldn't be making them. 

But it depends how you define core... cause there is plenty of talent with lots of years ahead of them on this team, under 25 forwards especially. 

There is definitely people to move, but I don't think it has to be scorched earth. 

Sadly this team will move a 23 year old like Galchenyuk and get some 28 year old with less talent but more ####ing character, cause bergevin. 

Just now, Toronthab said:

I'm usually reading in philosophy and non fiction stuff. .. but my brother recommended the book about that business man whose buddy was killed and who made it his purpose to get the west to fight back. Quite a read.. Red.. something. 

Want a good read?  This book made me realize what a total bad-ass Putin is...made me a fan:
  The Man Without A Face

Just now, sbhatt said:

Thanks SB.. I'll take a look but I must confess I'm 400 books behind even on my kindle! And that book I half referenced  gave me a pretty good look. I'm not that interested in the guy.

Want a good read?  This book made me realize what a total bad-ass Putin is...made me a fan:
  The Man Without A Face

Just now, sbhatt said:

ya.. that's the one. Thanks. Its one hell of a true story.

Red Notice?   That book came up right under The Man Without a Face when I searched for it on Amazon

And again, no, I'm not blaming the loss on Lindgren (either one).

But I do think the last two games show that he's not ready to be a number one goalie in the NHL... and now that teams have some film on him, and some time to implement a game plan... he doesn't look quite the same as before. 

Its not his fault they lost, but at the same time, he's not ready to be a starter.  Still needs more time to develop.   The idea that he was ready to be a number 1 goalie in the NHL after less than 10 starts was foolish. 

Just now, sbhatt said:

Red Notice is on my 'to order list'.  I usually score an Amazon gift card or two at Christmas.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh no problem .. its a hell of a good read and if you're checking out Putin I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. More than LOSING TO THE BLOODY LEAFS I'LL BET!!!  Oh..sorry.. .I thought I was over it...  :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Oh no problem .. its a hell of a good read and if you're checking out Putin I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. More than LOSING TO THE BLOODY LEAFS I'LL BET!!!  Oh..sorry.. .I thought I was over it...  :wacko:

It's good that you're not over it...shows you care.  Sadly, most of the bums in the Habs room probably are.