GDT Toronto @ Montreal, 7:00 pm HNIC

Commandant

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Moves need to be made and Bergevin shouldn't be making them. 

But it depends how you define core... cause there is plenty of talent with lots of years ahead of them on this team, under 25 forwards especially. 

There is definitely people to move, but I don't think it has to be scorched earth. 

Sadly this team will move a 23 year old like Galchenyuk and get some 28 year old with less talent but more ####ing character, cause bergevin. 

Good points.

Start with Pacioretty. He could command a tidy ransom. I'd move Weber too, if any team wants to be dumb enough to take on that contract. After all, he's not going to be getting any better over the ten years for which he remains (insanely) signed.

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

It's good that you're not over it...shows you care.  Sadly, most of the bums in the Habs room probably are.

Nah... most folks do just about as well as they can most of the time, and they have lows and highs.. A lot of hard effort went out tonight... but came back empty.. C'est la vie.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good points.

Start with Pacioretty. He could command a tidy ransom. I'd move Weber too, if any team wants to be dumb enough to take on that contract. After all, he's not going to be getting any better over the ten years for which he remains (insanely) signed.

Subban and sergechev- both younger than Weber have more points than him.  Both of the last two major trades MB has made the guys he’s traded have more points than the guys we got back and the guys we gave up are younger.  That’s especially fantastic when you consider we need to blow this team up now.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good points.

The place to start is always UFAs... always.....

1) You want Plekanec to give you a return similar to Hanzal last year.  As soon as you get a good enough return for him, move him.  Open up his centre spot so Chucky can play down the middle.  If the season is lost, let him learn to play centre. 

2) Mitchell, Hemsky, Deslauriers... there is no value here.  Bags of pucks will be fine. 

3) Next you move on to Max.  I say this because it might be a move you can make in season, or it might be a move where he is a guy that has more value at the draft.  But I'd definitely want a pretty penny for him on that contract. 

You explore max now, but there is no urgency to move him for less than the boatload the Avs got for Duchene.  At minimum Max is worth a 1st rounder and 2 top notch prospects (NHL ready or very close).  If someone isn't giving that, you don't move him. There is no rush as even if you wait til the 2019 deadline, you are getting a 1st plus 1 top notch prospect. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The funny thing is, for all his character talk and obsessing over the 3rd/4th line type players....we're soft as mush and have less character than most teams in the league. 

AND we have no talent.

On the subject of entertainment.. I am really enjoying a Netlfix series called "The CODE".. really well done and kept my mind off the habs!

16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Subban and sergechev- both younger than Weber have more points than him.  Both of the last two major trades MB has made the guys he’s traded have more points than the guys we got back and the guys we gave up are younger.  That’s especially fantastic when you consider we need to blow this team up now.

So we can't salvage the season?

Well, that was a pretty lousy performance...again! Really shameful especially on a Saturday night!

I'm not panicking, but I'm starting to wonder if its time to blow this team up and start over? Just a question...

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

Well, that was a pretty lousy performance...again! Really shameful especially on a Saturday night!

I'm not panicking, but I'm starting to wonder if its time to blow this team up and start over? Just a question...

Usually I just blow up lawn mowers and other things I'm fixing....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toronthab said:

Usually I just blow up lawn mowers and other things I'm fixing....:rolleyes:

LOL! Good one! 

Seriously, I had a bad feeling about this game, but I didn't think it would be this bad. We haven't played a good game in at least 4 games! 

I wonder what we could get for Price and Pacioretty? I would normally include Weber but his contract is so awefull that nobody would want him...

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The place to start is always UFAs... always.....

1) You want Plekanec to give you a return similar to Hanzal last year.  As soon as you get a good enough return for him, move him.  Open up his centre spot so Chucky can play down the middle.  If the season is lost, let him learn to play centre. 

2) Mitchell, Hemsky, Deslauriers... there is no value here.  Bags of pucks will be fine. 

3) Next you move on to Max.  I say this because it might be a move you can make in season, or it might be a move where he is a guy that has more value at the draft.  But I'd definitely want a pretty penny for him on that contract. 

You explore max now, but there is no urgency to move him for less than the boatload the Avs got for Duchene.  At minimum Max is worth a 1st rounder and 2 top notch prospects (NHL ready or very close).  If someone isn't giving that, you don't move him. There is no rush as even if you wait til the 2019 deadline, you are getting a 1st plus 1 top notch prospect. 

Absolutely agree. You play hardball with teams looking to acquire one of the league's best goal-scorers, still in his prime. That is a move that can reshape the franchise - but it HAS to be done right. No rush at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Bergevin is probably on the phone as we speak trying to trade him for Erik Gudbranson

I've actually heard the Habs linked to Gudbranson over the last couple of days.  Renaud Lavoie mentioned Montreal as a team interested in a stay-at-home guy in a radio hit on Thursday and Gudbranson was one he felt they have interest in (as does Toronto).

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I've actually heard the Habs linked to Gudbranson over the last couple of days.  Renaud Lavoie mentioned Montreal as a team interested in a stay-at-home guy in a radio hit on Thursday and Gudbranson was one he felt they have interest in (as does Toronto).

I heard the same rumour. I refuse to believe it. But this is no doubt foolish of me; that pylon is EXACTLY MB's erotic fetish of a defenceman. God only knows what he'll send back.; Patches plus three first round picks, probably :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

not the defenceman they need in any way, shape or form. 

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

not the defenceman they need in any way, shape or form. 

Somebody once quipped that Marc Bergevin's favourite player to trade for is Marc Bergevin.

This would be par for the course. 

• Upvote 1

Well you start rehashing the moves that this tool has made over the years to handcuff this team and it makes you bitter. They could have been a contender right now with the core he was handed. Instead that core needs to be blown up for a full scale rebuild. 

7 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Well you start rehashing the moves that this tool has made over the years to handcuff this team and it makes you bitter. They could have been a contender right now with the core he was handed. Instead that core needs to be blown up for a full scale rebuild. 

Yeah-- MY first move is bye bye MARC      ___ Sir Patrick is not looking too bad at the moment.

9 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

It's this that drives me crazy. He was handed a team that was on the cusp of being elite. He mismanaged it into a bubble- or non-playoff team, wasting the prime years of its best players. It's an appalling record of incompetence surpassed only by Houle in Habs' history - Houle, who also inherited a very good core and managed to screw it up and destroy an entire decade. That's the company this dummy keeps.

9 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

BCHabnut , I tend to try to see the glass half-full, look for the positives.

But after yesterday's game I can't anymore. When PK was moved, the only positive I foound was that if it made us a cup contender then it was worth it

it is obvious we are going the opposite direction. But I am sure that the CH and MB in particular are having an "0 sh*t" moment when his moves hit the fan yesterday...

I would let the team simmer in this failed state this year instead of becoming worse and worse through panic moves. The extra cap space and the better draft picks next year would be a good place to start the rebuild 

Drouin and Pacioretty both have the flu and limited chemistry. Pacioretty and Danault have worked best together this season. What does Julien do?

He puts Pacioretty up with Drouin and Danault down to the third line as the team puts up a big fat donut.

How did this guy coach a team to the Cup? Or did they overcome Julien to win it?

Thuggery and truculence, if qe had the thugs he usually coaches we would be higher in the standings and I would not be a fan anymore 

Edited by alfredoh2009
Spellcheck fail