GDT Toronto @ Montreal, 7:00 pm HNIC

Commandant

24 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Drouin and Pacioretty both have the flu and limited chemistry. Pacioretty and Danault have worked best together this season. What does Julien do?

He puts Pacioretty up with Drouin and Danault down to the third line as the team puts up a big fat donut.

How did this guy coach a team to the Cup? Or did they overcome Julien to win it?

Honestly some of the decisions Julien has made has really baffled me. I think he should share some of the blame the way this season has gone. He doesn’t seem to be getting the most out of this team.

Dont even think Scotty Bowman could do well with Benn on top pairing, under achieving 2nd pairing and unproductive forward group lacking talent. And Schlemko is a 30 yr old $2m/yr d-man, so shouldn't expect him to make a big impact when he plays neither.:(

Losing to the Leafs 6-0 on a Saturday night is pretty much as low as it can get as a Habs fan. I had my Canadiens hoodie on today at my son's hockey game and I never heard so much chirping. 

This season sucks

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Drouin and Pacioretty both have the flu and limited chemistry. Pacioretty and Danault have worked best together this season. What does Julien do?

He puts Pacioretty up with Drouin and Danault down to the third line as the team puts up a big fat donut.

How did this guy coach a team to the Cup? Or did they overcome Julien to win it?

This team won the cup on the back of a Jeremy Jacobs/COLIN Campbell influencing the refereeing.  The refereeing during that cup final was the most blatant fixing debacle in professional sports since the the black SOX scandal a century ago.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DON said:

Dont even think Scotty Bowman could do well with Benn on top pairing, under achieving 2nd pairing and unproductive forward group lacking talent. And Schlemko is a 30 yr old $2m/yr d-man, so shouldn't expect him to make a big impact when he plays neither.:(

Bowman would never have played Benn on the top pairing.  And Alzner is exactly what I said he would be when we signed him - a useless pylon that is not suited for today’s game - but yeah, he’s got a lot of character.  You know what bowman said about guys that are good in the room - they should stay in the room and don’t belong on the ice (paraphrasing the sentiment -don’t remember the exact words).

dont know what you are complaining about though, you’ve been pretty much happy with every move MB made.

5 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Yeah-- MY first move is bye bye MARC      ___ Sir Patrick is not looking too bad at the moment.

Patrick Roy as GM of the Habs looks terrible at any moment.  The solution to Montreal's woes isn't replacing Bergevin with a hot-headed egoist who hasn't served in any managerial capacity in years, whose primary chip that was used to attract players in junior wouldn't be available to him, and who quit on his team because he wasn't getting his way.  I'm sorry, but there is no scenario where it would be justifiable to hire Roy as a general manager.  There's a reason he got no consideration whatsoever for any vacancies (coaching or management) last offseason.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Patrick Roy as GM of the Habs looks terrible at any moment.  The solution to Montreal's woes isn't replacing Bergevin with a hot-headed egoist who hasn't served in any managerial capacity in years, whose primary chip that was used to attract players in junior wouldn't be available to him, and who quit on his team because he wasn't getting his way.  I'm sorry, but there is no scenario where it would be justifiable to hire Roy as a general manager.  There's a reason he got no consideration whatsoever for any vacancies (coaching or management) last offseason.

100% agree.  The only French option is brisbios. And id say screw the French requirement.  Roy was behind some of the worst moves the avs made.

The only ex has that has the intelligence and potentially the temperament to be a GM one day is koivu -  ut at this point he has zero experience and we don’t need another Houle situation.

9 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

100% agree.  The only French option is brisbios 

Don't forget PIERRE MCGUIRE was supposedly short-listed last time Molson searched.

It's a sad day when we are talking about replacing the incompetent clown Bergevin with the incompetent blatherskite Macguire or the even more staggeringly incompetent narcissist Roy. I mean...that's just a pretty sad frigging day. If any of those three jackanapses is in the chair come next September, it will be the final confirmation that the Habs have gone all the way down the path of the Ballard Maple Leafs - a circus instead of a serious hockey team.

I floated Koivu's name in half-jest a while back, because I really do think (on the basis of little more than outside observation of his comportment over 15 years) that he has the brains and the leadership quality to run an effective operation. But it's true that he has no managerial experience and it'd be a "left-field" move; my only defence is that Serge Savard was in a similar situation and did pretty well, precisely because he was the kind of man who is well-suited to the role. Anyhow, I'm not gonna push what is essentially a fan fantasy. The wider point is that we need to replace Bergevin with SERIOUS PERSON, not an arrogant loudmouth who hasn't made hockey decisions in decades, or a narcissist who drove his last franchise into the dirt.

3 hours ago, illWill said:

Losing to the Leafs 6-0 on a Saturday night is pretty much as low as it can get as a Habs fan. I had my Canadiens hoodie on today at my son's hockey game and I never heard so much chirping. 

This season sucks

Ouch....:(

Uncle Bob!  I love uncle Bob.

Actually .. I just stopped by to check the cells on suicide watch.... All accounted for...  

We certainly need at least one corpse. You know.. to feel better.. like that...:(

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Now we are getting somewhere---- keep Marc

----- replace him with another Francophone

------ defeat the notion that he must speak French, and hire the best person available

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Because he thought he was bigger than the team.

And , like the russians, could be "happy with his game" even I when the team was stinking 

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And , like the russians, could be "happy with his game" even I when the team was stinking 

Well, speaking of stinking, the team has stunk out the joint ever since trading Subban (meanwhile, he merely went to game 7 of the Finals). A fitting fate for an organization stupid enough to trade him. This is what happens when you make hockey moves for reasons having nothing to do with hockey.

• Upvote 1

Point taken, just stating what MB has said was the reason.  

That's how i explained to my kids who still don't understand and miss PK

i miss PK when we lose because he would make a loss watchable; I still do not think this team would have been a contender with him in it

I like Weber. A lot! He is one of my favorite players on the team. And if the team had a Sergachev or Markov type mobile defenseman to make up for his absence, I could, and have, justified the trade. But trading Subban, Serg, Beaulieu and allowing Markov to walk, is a huge failure. Losing all of your mobile defensemen, signing Karl effin Alzner to that silly contract. What are you thinking bergevin? PK was also a huge competitor. He could and would put the team on his back and will out a win. Weber is not that style player. The bad moves that MB made after the Weber trade, (not filling the mobile defense position) actually makes the Subban trade even worse. At this point, I totally regret the trade, and I miss PK almost every game I watch.

• Upvote 2

Plenty of blame to go around.

what caught my eye particularly was in 3rd period, still 3-0 game. Not out of reach yet. 

4th line shift actually breaks out of own zone, des lauriers puts a shot off the goalie and out of play. TV time out ensues followed by an offensive zone draw.

Who is on the ice?

Our 4th line, wtf? 

Could maybe see it if it was a 4th line that consistently held pressure, established cycle...Maybe then, but habs fourth line has none of that, yet there they are when we need a goal.

not that the rest of team is tearing it up but why the heck weren’t one of our offensive lines (if that exists) put out for that face off? De la rose isn’t exactly Mr. BigDrawWinner and hasn’t scored since he was in midget hockey. 

Lots of terrible going on, but coaching moves like that aren’t gonna kick off a come back. 

I’ve stopped letting my four year old watch habs games with me as I don’t want him picking up bad habits haha. 

• Upvote 1