CANADIENS @ STARS, NOV. 21, 20:30 ET

illWill

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

So with two minutes to go in the period, I got to thinking that all in all, the Habs were doing okay.  Lesson learned: Stop thinking.

I think I know the next lesson: Stop caring. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

I've got a long way to go before getting to that point.  (Not to mention that would make it rather challenging to run HW...)

Well I formally invite you join me in sometimes posting near-desperate trade suggestions, occasionally posting interesting factoids about just how bad this team is, and mostly shitposting tanking memes.

Lth.gif

13 minutes ago, sim.on said:

They struggle so much to score I feel like it is already over.

You're not the only one.  A good buddy of mine told me he turned off the TV right after the 2nd goal.  There's little logical reason to be hopeful based on what we've seen from this team.

For God's sake Drouin has F-ed up with the puck trying to make stupid passes a few times like that tonight.  Someone should tell him that trying to pass it through an opponent's skate just isn't going to work.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

Sometimes I watch the clip of Chara throwing Max's head into the glass just for giggles.

Now, that's a comment that crosses a line. come on sbhate

• Upvote 1

Digging a nice hole, 27th place with all teams having games in hand but Coyotes.

Only 6 teams to climb over to grab wildcard spot and something like 2.8% chance of making doing that.

So, there is a chance...but getting slimmer every game.

Don't look now, Arizona is on 3 game win streak.

What is master plan Geoffery and Bergy? Stay the course?:(

1 minute ago, DON said:

Digging a nice hole, 27th place with all teams having games in hand but Coyotes.

Only 6 teams to climb over to grab wildcard spot and something like 2.8% chance of making doing that.

It's awful. Every day I check in hoping to hear that Bergevin has been fired. He may well get canned, but most commentators think that it won't happen until the season is over. That means an entire season with no real hope - nothing to latch onto, as a fan, just a long boring grind of watching these duds scrape and struggle desperately to try to achieve a first-round elimination. Even an interim GM would allow us to turn the page, psychologically, on Bergevin's failures, and begin the process of looking forward to a new era.

The other source of 'hope' might be a core-shaking trade. I don't like this idea, first because I don't trust MB to make a strong trade, and second, because if the trade manages to turn the season around, then Bergevin keeps his job and the deeper organizational rot continues.

Fire this dummy. It's the only way.

42 minutes ago, DON said:

Oh good grief Charlie Brown. It’s a sad day in Habsland when even Don is down in the dumps.  

Please turn this around. We all need Don to find his positive mojo. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends btw. 

11 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Now, that's a comment that crosses a line. come on sbhate

Can't help it....the hate for 67 flows through me now, my turn to the dark side is complete.  When he is out there sucking it up I find myself hoping someone lays a big hit on him, or gives him a punch in the head/face during a scrum, ect.  I'm not sure if it's to make me feel better, or if there's maybe some dim hope that a jolt might actually wake him up and get him to find some anger/intensity.  One of his 5 game hot streaks is going to do nothing to change that either, because I know full well that he will go back to being a total bum for as long or longer a stretch of games on the other side of that.  I just want him traded so I never have to see his act again.  Between now and that trade happening, for God's sake will somebody in that organization please strip him of the C and put it on somebody who plays hard every night! #floatingcaptain   #notmycaptain

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Can't help it....the hate for 67 flows through me now, my turn to the dark side is complete.  When he is out there sucking it up I find myself hoping someone lays a big hit on him, or gives him a punch in the head/face during a scrum, ect.  I'm not sure if it's to make me feel better, or if there's maybe some dim hope that a jolt might actually wake him up and get him to find some anger/intensity.  One of his 5 game hot streaks is going to do nothing to change that either, because I know full well that he will go back to being a total bum for as long or longer a stretch of games on the other side of that.  I just want him traded so I never have to see his act again.  Between now and that trade happening, for God's sake will somebody in that organization please strip him of the C and put it on somebody who plays hard every night! #floatingcaptain   #notmycaptain

Honestly, that is a bizarre response to an elite goalscorer and classy player.