Filip Forsberg - Ryan Johansen - Viktor Arvidsson

Kevin Fiala - Kyle Turris - Craig Smith

Colton Sissons - Nick Bonino - Calle Jarnkrok

Pontus Aberg - Frederick Gaudreau - Miikka Salomaki

Roman Josi - Mattias Ekholm

Alexei Emelin - P.K. Subban

Anthony Bitetto - Matt Irwin

Pekka Rinne

Puck drop is at 8 PM on SN1 (national), RDS, and FS-TN.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Petry was one of the better D against Dallas I thought. 

That is a sign of what is wrong with this team.

Petry does have good nights but he is far too inconsistent, and his mistakes too bone headed for him to be considered a top 3 d man.

Hopefully Jerabek will look good in his debut. 

I've always tried to ignore Nashville since the trade but if the Habs can't get up for this game, I'll start questioning my beliefs that they can still make the playoffs. Our team isn't healthy and it's a small sample size but there are still a few core pieces who went through it all. I'll be looking at effort level tonight more than anything. 

:gohabsgo:

4-2 Preds is my prediction

1 hour ago, sim.on said:

That is a sign of what is wrong with this team.

Petry does have good nights but he is far too inconsistent, and his mistakes too bone headed for him to be considered a top 3 d man.

Hopefully Jerabek will look good in his debut. 

That inconsistency is why petry is a second pair and not top pair guy.  And yes he makes mistakes.

That said i think yesterday was one of his better games especially with no weber 

There's a strong possibility that Gallagher keeps it going, driving the net hard and getting rewarded for it with a goal.  He, Plex, and Byron really stood out last night with their efforts.  Watching PK play is always fun, so that'll be entertaining.

That's it, that's all I've got for this one as far as positivity goes.

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That inconsistency is why petry is a second pair and not top pair guy.  And yes he makes mistakes.

That said i think yesterday was one of his better games especially with no weber 

I didn't see the game.  I typically give him the benefit of the doubt,  but in the last couple of weeks he hasn't looked great. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Do you think he is a number 3 d-man on a team who has one of the top 10 groups of defense in the NHL?

I think he can be a second pairing guy, but there is a big difference between being a number 3 who can help out number 4 compared to being the number 4 who is well supported on the pairing. 

Based on the lack of constancy and frequent soft play, I think he is more of a 4 than a 3. However, some nights he looks great and plays like he could be a 2.   

I don't usually post things while feeling as though I'm falsely asserting something but to me it does feel like the Habs are almost tanking. Weber and Price have been injured with (in my opinion) very vague and weird injuries. I guess the fact that the game is also against Nashville has my antennas up on every little thing. 

There's just something strange going on this season. 

And then you hear comments like they "could almost play" etc. and in Price's instance that he's practicing as hard as a healthy goalie would be. Add on to the fact that we desperately need wins and the Habs are either tanking, or beyond smart with how they are handling everything.

I also add on, that I understand that it makes no sense for them to tank at this stage in the game for a multitude of reasons. Something just doesn't feel right, especially with Price. If we're not tanking, it almost feels like Price himself felt as though he wasn't well prepared for this season and decided to take a step back and get refocused. Regardless, I'm convinced that whatever has happened is a little more than an injury that would have kept him out this long. 

Weber being out has just made me more verbal about it all, even though there's a great chance there's no connection between the two. 

35 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Do you think he is a number 3 d-man on a team who has one of the top 10 groups of defense in the NHL?

I think he can be a second pairing guy, but there is a big difference between being a number 3 who can help out number 4 compared to being the number 4 who is well supported on the pairing. 

Based on the lack of constancy and frequent soft play, I think he is more of a 4 than a 3. However, some nights he looks great and plays like he could be a 2.   

I think Petry is a great player on a team that doesn't need him to stand out as a great player, but this team needs him to stand out.

Also you can replace "Petry" in that sentence with pretty much any of the stars on the Habs, and it won't look odd... and that's basically what plagues the Habs right now. 

1 hour ago, sim.on said:

Your premise is based on assuming that a team lines up

1-2

3-4

I don't think all teams do. 

Some will line up

1 - 4

2 - 3

I think if playing with a #2, he's fine as a #3. 

Right now we are asking Petry to be a #2, and he's not. 

29 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I don't usually post things while feeling as though I'm falsely asserting something but to me it does feel like the Habs are almost tanking. Weber and Price have been injured with (in my opinion) very vague and weird injuries. I guess the fact that the game is also against Nashville has my antennas up on every little thing. 

There's just something strange going on this season. 

And then you hear comments like they "could almost play" etc. and in Price's instance that he's practicing as hard as a healthy goalie would be. Add on to the fact that we desperately need wins and the Habs are either tanking, or beyond smart with how they are handling everything.

Weber isn't the only defenceman in the NHL to miss 2-3 games with an undisclosed injury. 

And price practicing hard for 2 days after being off the ice for a week (and out of games for 2.5 weeks), doesn't make him ready to play. 

This is a little too tin foil hat IMO.