We Have A Trade To Announce

Commandant

25 minutes ago, ehjay said:

I'm not against trading MaxPac or any1 except CP31 and Maybe Weber along with last years draft class. That said I still don't think that qualifies as "tankong"; as we can't get worse can we? 

You might be right, I'm at a loss right now and kinda in weird way happy not to be GM :/ but then I think of the pay and say to myself I could figure it out, lol :)

Max Pac might be tradeable mid-season. 

Price and Weber are summer moves.  Teams just don't have the cap space to take them during the year. 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Habs would have to eat an expiring contract in return. 

Contenders who are looking to add pieces like a Price or a Weber, usually don't have expendable players on expiring contracts.  Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece. 

Sending that piece to us also means we get less in terms of value in the rest of the deal which is not ideal. 

These are HIGH VALUE players.  The way to sell them is to maximize the number of bidders on them and start a bidding war, not limit your suitors to teams with cap space or with an expendable expiring contract.  That limits the market.  Its all about supply and demand.  You want to maximize demand. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece.

So far, that is not working out for them at all.  Duchene looks lost in Ottawa.  He hasn't produced any offense at all, and even his defensive game looks suspect at times.  Either he's struggling to adapt to Boucher's 1-3-1 system and will be much better with more games under his belt, or they made a big mistake.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

So far, that is not working out for them at all.  Duchene looks lost in Ottawa.  He hasn't produced any offense at all, and even his defensive game looks suspect at times.  Either he's struggling to adapt to Boucher's 1-3-1 system and will be much better with more games under his belt, or they made a big mistake.

I'm sure he will adjust, but they made that deal assuming - for some reason - that he would revert to his form of 5 years ago. They were getting back a 50-point player and should adjust expectations accordingly.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I'm sure he will adjust, but they made that deal assuming - for some reason - that he would revert to his form of 5 years ago. They were getting back a 50-point player and should adjust expectations accordingly.

That was why I was hoping/praying Bergevin would not overpay in a trade for him; I would never base a player's worth on stats he put up 3+ seasons ago, but that fool just might have.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Contenders who are looking to add pieces like a Price or a Weber, usually don't have expendable players on expiring contracts.  Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece. 

Sending that piece to us also means we get less in terms of value in the rest of the deal which is not ideal. 

These are HIGH VALUE players.  The way to sell them is to maximize the number of bidders on them and start a bidding war, not limit your suitors to teams with cap space or with an expendable expiring contract.  That limits the market.  Its all about supply and demand.  You want to maximize demand. 

Ya, I can agree with that. Not to the fact we lose value in the overall trade  by eating a bad contract though. That piece means nothing in the trade, it just allows the trade to take place. 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, I can agree with that. Not to the fact we lose value in the overall trade  by eating a bad contract though. That piece means nothing in the trade, it just allows the trade to take place. 

Depends on the expiring contract. 

A guy like Turris was moved in the duchene deal and that has value. 

A guy like Hammond was also moved in the duchene deal and that doesn't. 

• 3 months later...

Oh you thought The Watch had ended with Montoya? Get back on the wall, Jon Snow!

We watch the Kings try to make the playoffs to jump an LA 5th rounder (~145th OA) to MTL's 4th rounder (~100th OA.)

I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the King's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come, or just until LA is mathematically in or out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

LA ended up losing to the Ducks in overtime last night, priming an interesting ending to Kings Watch coming up. LA is 1 point up on Anaheim, but Anaheim has 1 game in hand.

But due to a weird scheduling quirk, Anaheim and LA have the exact same opponents in their next 3 games but the Kings play each team in LA the night after Anaheim plays them. 

So the Kings end the season with 3 home games, all against teams playing their 2nd game in 2 nights after they face the team LA is trying to keep from passing them.

Basically: the Kings better not #### this up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2