Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Commandant

We Have A Trade To Announce

Recommended Posts

Commandant    632
25 minutes ago, ehjay said:

 

I'm not against trading MaxPac or any1 except CP31 and Maybe Weber along with last years draft class. That said I still don't think that qualifies as "tankong"; as we can't get worse can we? 

 

 

You might be right, I'm at a loss right now and kinda in weird way happy not to be GM :/ but then I think of the pay and say to myself I could figure it out, lol :)

 

Max Pac might be tradeable mid-season. 

 

Price and Weber are summer moves.  Teams just don't have the cap space to take them during the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    277

Habs would have to eat an expiring contract in return. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    632
1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Habs would have to eat an expiring contract in return. 

 

 

 

Contenders who are looking to add pieces like a Price or a Weber, usually don't have expendable players on expiring contracts.  Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece. 

Sending that piece to us also means we get less in terms of value in the rest of the deal which is not ideal. 

These are HIGH VALUE players.  The way to sell them is to maximize the number of bidders on them and start a bidding war, not limit your suitors to teams with cap space or with an expendable expiring contract.  That limits the market.  Its all about supply and demand.  You want to maximize demand. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sbhatt    21
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece.

 

 

So far, that is not working out for them at all.  Duchene looks lost in Ottawa.  He hasn't produced any offense at all, and even his defensive game looks suspect at times.  Either he's struggling to adapt to Boucher's 1-3-1 system and will be much better with more games under his belt, or they made a big mistake.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

 

 

So far, that is not working out for them at all.  Duchene looks lost in Ottawa.  He hasn't produced any offense at all, and even his defensive game looks suspect at times.  Either he's struggling to adapt to Boucher's 1-3-1 system and will be much better with more games under his belt, or they made a big mistake.

 

I'm sure he will adjust, but they made that deal assuming - for some reason - that he would revert to his form of 5 years ago. They were getting back a 50-point player and should adjust expectations accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sbhatt    21
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I'm sure he will adjust, but they made that deal assuming - for some reason - that he would revert to his form of 5 years ago. They were getting back a 50-point player and should adjust expectations accordingly.

 

That was why I was hoping/praying Bergevin would not overpay in a trade for him; I would never base a player's worth on stats he put up 3+ seasons ago, but that fool just might have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    277
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Contenders who are looking to add pieces like a Price or a Weber, usually don't have expendable players on expiring contracts.  Most teams (except Ottawa apparently) want to upgrade by adding to their team, not removing a piece to get a slightly better piece. 

Sending that piece to us also means we get less in terms of value in the rest of the deal which is not ideal. 

These are HIGH VALUE players.  The way to sell them is to maximize the number of bidders on them and start a bidding war, not limit your suitors to teams with cap space or with an expendable expiring contract.  That limits the market.  Its all about supply and demand.  You want to maximize demand. 

Ya, I can agree with that. Not to the fact we lose value in the overall trade  by eating a bad contract though. That piece means nothing in the trade, it just allows the trade to take place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    632
2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, I can agree with that. Not to the fact we lose value in the overall trade  by eating a bad contract though. That piece means nothing in the trade, it just allows the trade to take place. 

 

Depends on the expiring contract. 

A guy like Turris was moved in the duchene deal and that has value. 

 

A guy like Hammond was also moved in the duchene deal and that doesn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    277

Either way, you're probably right about any really big moves happening in the off season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×