Sabres vs Habs 7: 00 Nov 25 2017

DON

I'm feeling a little less leafy with Carey back to being Carey. 

I was reading a site today that puts the season of our discontent with the trading of our heart, PK. I sure feel that way. This by the way is not to pretend I have made or could make a "hockey sense" analysis of the deal either way. And I ask myself if Markov would have re-signed and Rad if PK were there. A spirit thing. I'm just throwin' that out. I'm not saying I have the explanation or the reasons or the competence to judge the affair, or the end of the affair du coeur.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I have to admit, I thought Beaulieu would fit in reasonably with Buffalo but he has been horrible this year (and wasn't any good last night either).  He's still doing his usual screwups in his own end and isn't doing anything offensively.  The return for him wasn't particularly exciting but right now, it's not looking half bad considering Beaulieu has arguably regressed away from the Habs.

I loved Petry from the start and hope he continues to skate like he has. And I also thought Beaulieu would be a superstar with his beautiful skating and skill..  and plup... Has anyone seen Markov? :(

1 hour ago, Toronthab said:

I'm feeling a little less leafy with Carey back to being Carey. 

I was reading a site today that puts the season of our discontent with the trading of our heart, PK. I sure feel that way. This by the way is not to pretend I have made or could make a "hockey sense" analysis of the deal either way. And I ask myself if Markov would have re-signed and Rad if PK were there. A spirit thing. I'm just throwin' that out. I'm not saying I have the explanation or the reasons or the competence to judge the affair, or the end of the affair du coeur.

This team with PK Rad Markov Drouin would probably be a whole lot better.  

35 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

This team with PK Rad Markov Drouin would probably be a whole lot better.  

PK is old news and Bergevin made it darn hard to keep both Markov and Radulov when he signed Alzner.

I would have signed Markov and Radulov and left Alzner out of the equation but PK is not a substantially better player than Weber. 

If there's another way to put it, think about how you would feel if someone would have said "this team would be a whole lot better with PK Rad Markov Sergachev". 

Sergachev will be compared with Drouin and PK will be compared with Weber. I understand that Weber is a dinosaur but as much as everyone loves to say it, PK Subban having been traded from the Habs is not the reason for our struggles this season. 

It seems as though many people seem to forget or overlook the fact that Subban had a sub-par year prior to him being traded. The truth is that despite that reality, Carey Price being injured is why our team struggled then.

Why has our team struggled for the most part this season? Carey Price has struggled and been injured. I did not enjoy our off season but I'm still willing to admit that his play has been the number one reason for our struggles. 

In sum, Markov and or Radulov are truly the X factors when discussing who could have made our team better. Both Sergachev and Weber are certainly serviceable players. But in essence, we lost those two players for nothing.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Jerabek had a good game. Hopefully he makes it onto the team. They need that mobility.  It's pronounced yairuhbek but Romanuk  kept calling him yurkshkabek. Drove me nuts.

Romanuk drives everyone nuts.

17 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Jerabek had a good game. Hopefully he makes it onto the team. They need that mobility.  It's pronounced yairuhbek but Romanuk  kept calling him yurkshkabek. Drove me nuts.

Actually, his pronunciation was technically correct (or very close at least).  It's easier to say 'Yerabek' but the correct way is 'Yuhrjahbek' or something like that.

Click on the little audio icon beside his name in this link for the actual pronunciation: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33045