CBJ vs Habs 7:30 Nov. 27 2017

DON

Just now, Davehab said:

a win is a win at this point

Trust me, I'm not complaining...let Carey steal the next 10 to make up for his horrid play to start the season, and the next 10 after that just to make other fans curse and swear at the hopelessness when facing him.

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

2 points out of a playoff spot as I write this message. 

That's what I'm talking about :)

But with so many teams ahead of us, it is far from being done

47 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

That's what I'm talking about :)

But with so many teams ahead of us, it is far from being done

5 months of hockey before the playoffs.  Just keep earning points and they will get in.  If its late in the season, then you can worry about it being too many teams to pass.... as it stands, just need to keep earning points, especially with the opponents in the next 3 games being 2 of the teams you need to pass. 

Guest Stogey24

Carey is a brick wall right now. 

If Plekanec's 6 million was spent on someone who didn't handle the puck like a grenade, the Gallagher line would be unreal. 

If your not watching Karl Alzner, you would think he's fine out There, but once you really start watching his game, he's pretty awful... I try not to flood the GDT's with Alzner bashing, but it's really hard not to:PC-smash:

Dubois' goal was the direct result of having 0 dmen who can skate with the puck.

Stupid dump and chase with pretty much no one around AND  with  the Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron on the ice.  These guys are 100% not dump and chase players.

Columbus got the puck back behin their net, a good first pass, flips it to Anderson and voilà.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

5 months of hockey before the playoffs.  Just keep earning points and they will get in.  If its late in the season, then you can worry about it being too many teams to pass.... as it stands, just need to keep earning points, especially with the opponents in the next 3 games being 2 of the teams you need to pass. 

Absolutely. Things are looking rosy today. We are not good enough to just waltz into the playoffs.  We got to bite and scratch all the way. The long season has a way of biting back. Go Habs GO

Hopefully Schelm and Weber come back and form a good top pairing.

Petry and Alzner worked well together the last few games. 

Jerabek and Benn were dynamite together and Jerabek is only going to get better.

Our once weak D core might be coming together a bit!

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Morrow needs to sit. That pinch with three minutes left when they were up by one... inexcusable. 

Lead to a 3 on 1 that Benn bailed him out on. 

Completely agreed on that. I was stunned there was a 3 on 1 that late in a 1 goal game. I'm sure Julien was thrilled.

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Carey is a brick wall right now. 

If Plekanec's 6 million was spent on someone who didn't handle the puck like a grenade, the Gallagher line would be unreal. 

If your not watching Karl Alzner, you would think he's fine out There, but once you really start watching his game, he's pretty awful... I try not to flood the GDT's with Alzner bashing, but it's really hard not to:PC-smash:

Try harder, you did same with Benn and Petry. Awful Alzner isn't and you know that, you are just going over the top again to try and make your point...it seems anyways.

Jerabek +3 after 3 games and seems to be holding his own.

Time for Mete to go back to junior isn't it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, huzer said:

Completely agreed on that. I was stunned there was a 3 on 1 that late in a 1 goal game. I'm sure Julien was thrilled.

Julien gave Morrow both barrels when he returned to bench after that ill-timed pinch.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Yup. It sure would be nice to see the return of respect and confidence to this team...and us... :huh:

3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Hopefully Schelm and Weber come back and form a good top pairing.

Petry and Alzner worked well together the last few games. 

Jerabek and Benn were dynamite together and Jerabek is only going to get better.

Our once weak D core might be coming together a bit!

A consummation devoutly to be wished... 

Alzner was pretty steady in this game.  Again not sure why the bashing. 

Some games he deserves bashing, and he gets it. 

Other games he plays fine, and he still gets bashed.  This makes the points against him far less effective, its always an alzner bash fest. 

19 minutes ago, DON said:

Try harder, you did same with Benn and Petry. Awful Alzner isn't and you know that, you are just going over the top again to try and make your point...it seems anyways.

Jerabek +3 after 3 games and seems to be holding his own.

Time for Mete to go back to junior isn't it.

What a skater that Mete is... beautiful to watch. I hope he can sail past his weaknesses  and bring that glorious stride and puck carrying along with him. I briefly stop whimpering for Markov to magically appear when he's out there.