Love/Hate X players

JoeLassister

As you may have seen yesterday before the game against Ottawa,  Mark Recchi was honoured as the latest former Habs to get introduced to the HOF.

I found myself thinking about how I used to love Recchi and, later, how I hated him so bad when he was a Bruins.

I believe that Recchi ranks 2nd among the players that I once loved before hating them.  The #1, of course :  Mike Komisarek.

What about you guys ?  Any players around the league that went from heroe to zero in your mind ?

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

That's DOCTOR Mark Recchi, Joe.

I yelled DOCTOR RECCHI  at the game yesterday.

No one seemed to get the reference.   I had to explain it to my girlfriend as well.

Hi all whats up long time reader habs fan since 86’ thought I would sign up and start posting.

for me would have to be the Kostitsyn brothers. 

Edited by Metallica
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I yelled DOCTOR RECCHI  at the game yesterday.

No one seemed to get the reference.   I had to explain it to my girlfriend as well.

I had to explain to my girlfriend as well. I was questioning at the time why he was being honored by the Habs for what seemed to be a short stint with the team. I actually thought there would be some boos but I didn't hear any. Although the reception seemed lukewarm at best 

Recchi would've just been another player that went away had it not been for the Chara business. If Subban keeps mugging Gallagher like he was the other night, he might join the list! Ha.

Quite honestly, I tend to just forget about players when they leave, for the most part. Recent players that I haven't liked because they seem to go off their rocker (mentally) when they play the Habs were Malone and Backes. Granted I liked that Montreal was able to get them off their game for whatever reason, it made for a nice spectacle when they're cursing their way to the sin bin.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Cammalleri, Moore, and I am starting to be fed up with Subban getting so much airtime

I was a big fan of Moore, though we should of kept him and not let him walk.

32 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

darcy tucker because I want to punch him. john Leclair because he owned habs

For some reason,  I hated Leclair for killing us so bad, but I kinda still liked him in Philly as part of Legion of Doom.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

What did Alex Tanguay do?

Funny guy!

Cost a 1st round pick for 1/2 season worth of play...but still I never minded "that" #13.

Darcy Tucker for me as well. Recchi

was my favorite player as a kid (bad era?) but I didn't think much of him when he was on the Bruins so he went down a few notches as well.  I still remembered fond thoughts rather than negative ones when I first saw him yesterday but do agree that the reception for him wasn't very loud. 

I disliked Grabovski when he went to the Leafs as well. There seems to be a trend for me...

I never hated Recchi.

In fact, I tend not to have a hate-on for players in general.

Tucker is a good case, though; but the one that really stuck in my craw was LeClair, who seemed incapable of doing what the coaches were begging him to do - drive the net - until he went to Philly, when suddenly he started driving the net like crazy. That infuriated me.

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

I still say Kostitsyn, only because of who we past up in the draft to pick him . Man oh man did the organization drop the ball drafting that year in 2003.

Hind sight is pretty boring stuff. AK46 was very highly rated and had a solid rookie year as well.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Hind sight is pretty boring stuff. AK46 was very highly rated and had a solid rookie year as well.

I was at the game that he scored his first goal. Pretty sure it was against the then Phoenix Coyotes. 

Now to look it up to see if I remembered correctly....

14 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I was at the game that he scored his first goal. Pretty sure it was against the then Phoenix Coyotes. 

Now to look it up to see if I remembered correctly....

Looks like it was the case and other players who had assists that game included Plekanec, Higgins and Ribeiro, from what I can remember. I think there was one more.

So how about Ribeiro? Has his name not

come up simply because people already hated him while he was on our team? :lol:

I think his name deserves a mention as there were flashes of him having some skill early on with us.