Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeLassister

Love/Hate X players

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Looks like it was the case and other players who had assists that game included Plekanec, Higgins and Ribeiro, from what I can remember. I think there was one more.

 

So how about Ribeiro? Has his name not

come up simply because people already hated him while he was on our team? :lol:

 

I think his name deserves a mention as there were flashes of him having some skill early on with us. 

 

More than flashes. He had 65 and 51 point seasons for us. What an atrocious trade - even more atrocious when you consider that we threw away a legitimate #2 or #1A C, despite having a desperate need for top-6 C.

 

Now I know people will leap out and say that Ribs was a jackass and that that was "addition by subtraction." No, it wasn't. All it did was deplete the team at its weakest position. We managed the same trick with Grabs a few years later. Oy vey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeLassister    288
11 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Looks like it was the case and other players who had assists that game included Plekanec, Higgins and Ribeiro, from what I can remember. I think there was one more.

 

So how about Ribeiro? Has his name not

come up simply because people already hated him while he was on our team? :lol:

 

I think his name deserves a mention as there were flashes of him having some skill early on with us. 

The only thing I disliked about Ribeiro is the return we got for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXx..CK..xXx    160
10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

More than flashes. He had 65 and 51 point seasons for us. What an atrocious trade - even more atrocious when you consider that we threw away a legitimate #2 or #1A C, despite having a desperate need for top-6 C.

 

Now I know people will leap out and say that Ribs was a jackass and that that was "addition by subtraction." No, it wasn't. All it did was deplete the team at its weakest position. We managed the same trick with Grabs a few years later. Oy vey.

The situation did remind me a little bit of Grabovski years later because they were both skilled players. It's probably no coincidence that I've brought up both players in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

The only thing I disliked about Ribeiro is the return we got for him.

 

I guess I didn't really dislike Ribeiro at any point, come to think about it. But he had his moments, like faking getting hurt against Boston. But I guess it is instances like that are what build a true rivalry and I appreciate the emotion. There were a few times I felt as though he embellished against us after the trade, but that was just part of his demeanor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link67    108

Patrice Brisebois, no D-man since I have been following this team, pissed me off more for years and years than that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    320
On 11/30/2017 at 0:45 PM, Stogey24 said:

I thought I'd hate Subban, because I do get why he caught so much heat, but to my dismay, I still love him :( 

 

F U Marc

Hahahahah! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    320

I never saw any value in Claude Lemieux anywhere. Made me ashamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PMAC    81

The only players I really hated were Kovalenko and Murray Baron both because the trades that brought them sucked and because neither wanted to be here. F'ing Houle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    320

Is now a fitting time to complain about my coach when I was in my teens. He made me assistant captain, but instead of the usual designation he gave me the letters A H.  What could it have meant?:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of hockey players I liked as players and can't stand now that they don't play and work as personalities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633

I never liked Ribeiro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633
6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

More than flashes. He had 65 and 51 point seasons for us. What an atrocious trade - even more atrocious when you consider that we threw away a legitimate #2 or #1A C, despite having a desperate need for top-6 C.

 

Now I know people will leap out and say that Ribs was a jackass and that that was "addition by subtraction." No, it wasn't. All it did was deplete the team at its weakest position. We managed the same trick with Grabs a few years later. Oy vey.

 

Grabs went for a pick that was flipped for Robert Lang... so it was taking a prospect for an established top 6 c. 

 

Unfortnately Lang tore his achilles and was never the same.  He was leading the team in scoring when hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toronthab    320
8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I never liked Ribeiro. 

Same here. 

 

But.. on the other hand... he didn't think much of me either...:huh:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Grabs went for a pick that was flipped for Robert Lang... so it was taking a prospect for an established top 6 c. 

 

Unfortnately Lang tore his achilles and was never the same.  He was leading the team in scoring when hurt. 

 

Huh, I remember him being moved for Pateryn (!), but that cant be right - ? Anyway, the moves you describe are good moves, and yes, I remember how good he was for us, and how the team cratered once he and Markov went down. Good luck was not one of the defining traits of the Gainey era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trizzak    486
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Huh, I remember him being moved for Pateryn (!), but that cant be right - ? Anyway, the moves you describe are good moves, and yes, I remember how good he was for us, and how the team cratered once he and Markov went down. Good luck was not one of the defining traits of the Gainey era.

 

This would be very easy for either of us to check, but from memory the Grabovski deal was for a 2nd rounder and Pateryn, which was notable because I think the deal happened only a few days or weeks after Pateryn was drafted.

 

I'll verify that when I feel like spending 30 seconds on a tradetracker site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meller93    124

Mike Ribero comes to mind, but then, I never really liked him that much anyway hahaha

 

And I could see in the future hating Radulov, but loved him in Montreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trizzak said:

 

This would be very easy for either of us to check, but from memory the Grabovski deal was for a 2nd rounder and Pateryn, which was notable because I think the deal happened only a few days or weeks after Pateryn was drafted.

 

I'll verify that when I feel like spending 30 seconds on a tradetracker site.

 

Actually, let's just do the lazy thing and rely on our memories, because your account matches my own, and also harmonizes with Commandant's claim that we traded that pick for Lang. It all makes sense. (And incidentally, that turns out - contrary to my original complaint above - to be one hell of a trade. A small #2 C for Robert Lang and Greg Pateryn = a good deal for sure).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now it's Radulov for me, only because I think of what this team would be with him on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    37

Loved the much-maligned Crankshaft in his short stint as a Hab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DON said:

Loved the much-maligned Crankshaft in his short stint as a Hab.

 

:lol: I liked him too, a hilarious and entertaining player, even if he was a nearly-complete liability out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DON    37
34 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

:lol: I liked him too, a hilarious and entertaining player, even if he was a nearly-complete liability out there.

Kinda like a Frankenstein or Hulk on skates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Theodore. Then I hated Theodore. Then I wanted Theodore to come back to backup Price.

 

The pretty ones are always the most difficult.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    633
17 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Huh, I remember him being moved for Pateryn (!), but that cant be right - ? Anyway, the moves you describe are good moves, and yes, I remember how good he was for us, and how the team cratered once he and Markov went down. Good luck was not one of the defining traits of the Gainey era.

 

Grabs was traded for Pateryn plus a 2nd rounder. 

The second rounder was flipped to Chicago for Lang, and we kept Pateryn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lazy26    61

I liked Pouliot in Montreal, but he's pissed me off since!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PMAC    81
21 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I liked Pouliot in Montreal, but he's pissed me off since!

He pissed me off a lot more in Montreal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×