Another trade to announce

JoeLassister

The Canadiens announced on Thursday that the team has acquired forward Adam Cracknell from the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Peter Holland. Cracknell will report to the Laval Rocket.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/canadiens-acquire-adam-cracknell-from-the-rangers/c-293510628

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Don't like this move. 

It hurts laval, Holland is better than Cracknell.

It hurts centre depth, Holland would be a callup option if we have a centre injury. 

It doesn't make sense to me.

Cracknell sounds like a name with so much more character. Enough said.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

at the end of the say its non-prospect AHLer for non-prospect AHLer, so there is limited impact in the trade overall. 

that said, i hate this deal as much as one can possibly hate a low impact ahler for ahler move. 

Are we needing to make space for a #1 center in Laval? Were we deficient in RW, somehow? This is a head scratcher - Holland had 18 pts already.

It's been suggested by some that Holland and his girlfriend weren't enjoying living in Laval.

As for hockey reasons, the Rocket forwards are pretty bad defensively. Cracknell could be a vet presence added to help show players how to be better in that aspect.

And Cracknell is probably more of a Julien style player on the 4th line if a call-up is necessary.

That's about as close to a justification as I can get.

14 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

No one in an official capacity. Just posters on the internet who have no reason to lie about it.

hummm...  A joke poorly written.

I meant :  Who does enjoy living in Laval ?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:lol:

LEADERSHIP!!!

Just saying, there are only a small handful of people preaching leadership and character on a constant basis (sarcastically or not) in relationship with the Habs. Just because the Habs made one trade for a guy with more experience and leadership than Subban doesn't mean it's all the Habs are preaching, or even an irrelevant thing to target. 

If you guys think we traded Holland for Cracknell for leadership and character then you're mistaken.... and it's it's supposed to be a joke, oh. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Don't like this move. 

It hurts laval, Holland is better than Cracknell.

It hurts centre depth, Holland would be a callup option if we have a centre injury. 

It doesn't make sense to me.

This leaves centre depth in the minors of McCarron, Audette (who has been a winger lately), and (when healthy) Eisenschmid.  Yikes.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

The only thing i can figure is that Cracknell's deal is up at the end of this year, and Holland has an extra year. 

I think they figure Cracknell would be a better fit on the fourth line in Montreal than Holland.  I suspect he'll be up before too long once the defensive logjam is gone which will allow them to carry a 13th forward.

1 minute ago, mineral said:

Another great indicator of their priority on developing their prospects, eh?

It has minimal bearing on that.  Holland isn't exactly a prospect either.  And if they are looking at Cracknell as a 13th forward, I'd rather a 32-year-old sit on a regular basis than have a young guy in the press box.

10 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Post of the year!

Agreed!!!!

What the hell is bergevin doing? Cracknell is 32 years old...is he ever gonna play in Montreal? I doubt it!