Habs at Wings 7:30 Nov, 30 2017

DON

Boy, Gallagher has really found his mojo. He was on fire last night. Interestingly, he seems to be shifting his game away from the net-crashing and more towards plays off the rush. This will certainly help his longevity.

The Price factor goes way beyond the pucks he stops. This team does not believe it can win without Price. But when he is on form, it draws enormous confidence from that. 

Guest Stogey24
45 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy, Gallagher has really found his mojo. He was on fire last night. Interestingly, he seems to be shifting his game away from the net-crashing and more towards plays off the rush. This will certainly help his longevity.

The Price factor goes way beyond the pucks he stops. This team does not believe it can win without Price. But when he is on form, it draws enormous confidence from that. 

Gallaher scored both of his goals right in front of the net.

The captain  is wearing #11. Whether the letter is there or not. 

32 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Man! If Claude Julien continuos like this ... I'll have to stop disliking him: structure, patience, keeping lines/pairings together  

The Habs rarely keep their defensive pairings together for very long.  They typically start the game the same but they're often jumbled from one shift to the next with Mete not taking a regular shift most of the time.  They're even asking the blueliners to shift from one side to the other from shift to shift which is a stark contrast from last season.

Petry playing better but still manages a few very soft giveaways every game.

2 PP goals was nice to see.

And 2 goals in 43 seconds was a nice switch

Reusch note:

ODD DECISION

I can understand Julien not wanting to break up his other lines to fill the void left by the Jonathan Drouin injury. But Jacob de la Rose centering the first line? That one raised some eyebrows. De la Rose last registered a point in an NHL game on February 16th 2016. It worked out after all.   It was de la Rose’s hard work that led to what turned out to be the game winning goal when he dug the puck out of the corner moved out and then set up Alex Galchenyuk at the goalmouth.  With de la Rose as their centre, Galchenyuk had four shots and Paul Byron three.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Gallaher scored both of his goals right in front of the net.

The captain  is wearing #11. Whether the letter is there or not. 

I suppose what I'm saying is not that he's abandoned the net, but rather that he seems to be making a lot more plays off the rush now. In particular, he pulled what I think of as a "Mats Naslund" - skating over the blueline at speed, suddenly pulling up, drawing defenders and creating open space for a nice pass - repeatedly last night. So maybe it's less that he's changed his approach and more that he's added to the rest of his offensive game.

Guest Stogey24
43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I suppose what I'm saying is not that he's abandoned the net, but rather that he seems to be making a lot more plays off the rush now. In particular, he pulled what I think of as a "Mats Naslund" - skating over the blueline at speed, suddenly pulling up, drawing defenders and creating open space for a nice pass - repeatedly last night. So maybe it's less that he's changed his approach and more that he's added to the rest of his offensive game.

Ya, true. 

Confidence and hardwork can make a hell of a player