Wings at Habs 7:00 Dec.2 2017

DON

Image result for NHL detroit vs Montreal

Lu said Weber is likely game time decision and Drouin is 'unlikely' but not ruled out yet.

Jerabek and Morrow on ice after practice, a sign they will likely sit.

Price's 3rd game in four nights.

Ron Reusch notes:

Since the 2012 lockout the Canadiens are 6-0-2 vs. Detroit at the Bell Centre. The Canadiens were 2-2 in the four overtime games.

….The last time Detroit won a game in regulation time at Montreal was 4-1 on Dec. 4, 2007. Dominek Hasek topped 17 of 18 shots. Since then the Canadiens are 7-0-3 vs. them.

….Overall the Canadiens are 4-1-1 in the last six meetings between the teams and since the lockout overall in 18 games the Canadiens are 12-4-2.

….Over his last ten starts against Detroit Carey Price is 9-1-0 with a 1.69GAA, 939save% and two shutouts.

http://intentionaloffside.com/?p=45193

1st game of 5 game home stand...then 7 game road trip to finish December.

Edited by DON
2nd thought

Nice burst by Byron. 1-0 Habs.

:1gohabs:

Dessslaurierssss :lol:

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

Giving Mete the nod over Jerabek? I Thought Jerabek looked pretty good so far.

Mete played really well in the final 40 minutes last game so I think they wanted to give him a chance to build on that.

Interestingly, he has already played 6:29 tonight, a lot more ice time in a single period than we're used to seeing.  Oddly enough, Alzner and Petry are 5th and 6th in defensive ice time so far.

Guest Stogey24
20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Mete played really well in the final 40 minutes last game so I think they wanted to give him a chance to build on that.

Interestingly, he has already played 6:29 tonight, a lot more ice time in a single period than we're used to seeing.  Oddly enough, Alzner and Petry are 5th and 6th in defensive ice time so far.

Mete doesn't play basically the entire second, then Julien puts him out there against Detroit's top line... his ice time is being mismanaged.

31 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Mete doesn't play basically the entire second, then Julien puts him out there against Detroit's top line... his ice time is being mismanaged.

He wound up around five minutes in the period so he wasn't sitting for too long.  Given the lead, I'm hopeful he'll wind up around 18 minutes or so tonight - they might as well try to even out the playing time when they can.